NHL 2017-18

Bmac

13 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

The Avalanche twitter sent out a picture of the box their new Adidas jerseys were sent in.  

How long until somebody gets a picture of the sweaters and leaks em.  

Please be throwbacks to the cup winning, mountain-range set.  Please, please, please.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's the Colorado Avalanche and there hasn't been a change they've made that was an improvement since 2001 (Rangers inspired alt).  But there's no way their new uniforms could be worse than what they have now, right?  I mean it's not physically possible...  Right?

19 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I know it's the Colorado Avalanche and there hasn't been a change they've made that was an improvement since 2001 (Rangers inspired alt).  But there's no way their new uniforms could be worse than what they have now, right?  I mean it's not physically possible...  Right?

I don't know....  I am expecting them to unveil some seriously templated garbage.

Back in 2007 I remember the beat writers saying the Avs new sweater was "basically the same" design as before.  Just some minor tweaks.  I was crushed when I saw the EDGE jerseys.

46 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I remember the beat writers saying the Avs new sweater was "basically the same" design as before.  Just some minor tweaks.  I was crushed when I saw the EDGE jerseys.

And people on here still insist they could have retained their mountain-range striping in 2007 :P .

I'm bummed about all jerseys being unveiled at the same time. There was something unexpected and special about the summer of 2007, when you didn't know when each team would unveil their new uniforms and what leaks were actually legit. I had a lot of fun logging on here every day and wondering which teams would appear in the thread. Darn shame it won't be that way this summer. I'm sure the randomness wasn't something that was planned, but man, it was fun.

EDIT: Remember these, anyone?

newstarsblack.jpg

newunimm6zs9.jpg

canucksblue.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I'm bummed about all jerseys being unveiled at the same time. There was something unexpected and special about the summer of 2007, when you didn't know when each team would unveil their new uniforms and what leaks were actually legit. I had a lot of fun logging on here every day and wondering which teams would appear in the thread. Darn shame it won't be that way this summer. I'm sure the randomness wasn't something that was planned, but man, it was fun.

newstarsblack.jpg

The Stars "leak" wasn't too far off. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, Brass said:

newstarsblack.jpg

newunimm6zs9.jpg

canucksblue.jpg

This kinda looks like the Caps jerseys.

THat's the most meta sweater ever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/9/2017 at 7:03 PM, Morgo said:

Please be throwbacks to the cup winning, mountain-range set.  Please, please, please.

I will be shocked if they don't unveil a boring Original Six Dress-Up set with the Colorado flag crest on the front. Creativity is a thing of the past as far as NHL uniforms are concerned. Now everyone just wants to look like the Wings and the Leafs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 6/9/2017 at 8:33 PM, Brass said:

newstarsblack.jpg

newunimm6zs9.jpg

canucksblue.jpg

I know neither team ended up wearing anything close to these, but they're actually plausible as prototype designs that didn't make it. Do we know for sure that they were faked?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's become as annoying a CCSLC trope as "iconic" and "pops" but the Lightning are dressing as the Maple Leafs and there ain't no one gonna turn me round.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived