NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

Sabres can keep that striping, but need new collar, no piping.

The collar is one of the few things that the Sabres didn't mess up on the current sweaters. They should leave it...

And if anything should change, it should be ditching the grey in the striping...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I know neither team ended up wearing anything close to these, but they're actually plausible as prototype designs that didn't make it. Do we know for sure that they were faked?

I know for sure the Dallas one is a fake. By one of my good friends, Ken Chernoff.

I've been pushing his D-Star logo as a primary for the Stars for years.

He did a mock-up based on the rumors I had heard, and threw his gorgeous logo on the shoulders.

No one foresaw a promotion of gold and demotion of green coming lol.

1 hour ago, ColeJ said:

No one foresaw a promotion of gold and demotion of green coming lol.

Probably because that decision was insane.  Getting rid of a colour only one other team uses for an even duller, less attractive version of what the Ducks had.  Ken's concept would make for a stellar alternate if they matched the current shade of green.

20 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Probably because that decision was insane.  Getting rid of a colour only one other team uses for an even duller, less attractive version of what the Ducks had.  Ken's concept would make for a stellar alternate if they matched the current shade of green.

It was totally New Orleans Saints mania, I believe. Lots of Louisianans moving to Dallas post-hurricane, the Saints becoming a force in the NFL, and the Stars knowing they can't ape the Cowboys.... Someone out there saw the Saints and said "man, that's a good looking color scheme... All we gotta do is drop green and we can look that good."

I personally have never cared for black and gold for anyone. Just not a pleasant scheme.... but then again, I don't wear gold jewelry and my wedding ring is silvery. Gold somehow looks cheaper and less classy than silver to me. That's probably why I'm at peace with the Stars being green and silver over green and gold. I appreciate the history of green and gold, but I also appreciate the aesthetics of green and silver. So I'm content with either direction.

I am NOT okay with a lack of green though. That's just asinine. The Stars without green is like the Flyers without orange. At least the Flyers understood they still had to keep orange as a secondary color when they went to black. Wish Dallas had been as smart.

5 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Ughhhh

The navy doesn't concern me (though I would prefer royal blue, especially if the Oilers go to navy)... the damn silver outlines are still there. I understand what they were going for, but it didn't work. They need to fix it if they're taking another swing at their look.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The navy doesn't concern me (though I would prefer royal blue, especially if the Oilers go to navy)... the damn silver outlines are still there. I understand what they were going for, but it didn't work. They need to fix it if they're taking another swing at their look.

this is looking like the sabres didnt change anything at all

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, DiePerske said:

this is looking like the sabres didnt change anything at all

Like I've said before, they haven't made a ton of great decisions, on- or off-ice, lately. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up.

Just now, Cosmic said:

Like I've said before, they haven't made a ton of great decisions, on- or off-ice, lately. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up.

Sadly, this is true.

i used to think that Golisano was the worst thing that could happen.

looks like i was wrong

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

seeing buffalo's hat looking like it would fit perfectly with their uniforms from last season makes me happy, actually. i don't think the sabres have a good look at all, but at least it gives me hope that if buffalo isn't changing then dallas isn't changing anything either, and the reports are either wrong or exaggerated.

seeing boston, buffalo, florida, minnesota, and dallas on there, but with buffalo's hat showing nothing different, made me worry about the future of the tie-up collar.... but montreal, new york, carolina, toronto, and tampa bay not being mentioned anywhere makes me think the tie-up is either surviving, or just too minor a detail to be considered a "change."

i really am getting nervous. the stars beat-writer from the dallas morning news says he has been told the stars are making no changes other than the 25th patch and the adidas logo replacing reebok... so we will see. i really don't want any changes in big d.

14 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Maybe the draft hats (other than Vegas') aren't based on the new Adidas unis? Could help them keep any leaks under wraps till after the jerseys are unveiled next week

its possible... or it's possible that they made hats for both styles, and will give the new hats to the draftees, but have the old ones for retail until that point. i've seen that happen before.

giving the sabres players a navy, silver, and yellow hat to wear on top of a royal and yellow sweater would look pretty terrible though... but we are talking about both the NHL and the sabres organ-eye-zation, so that doesn't mean anything. lol.

That draft hat underlines the problem with outlining every element of that logo in silver.  It's a jumbled mess and it's not even the smallest application of the logo.  I don't have a problem using silver to modernize things but the treatment they went with is just lazy.

the silver stroke on everything reminds me of messing around with adobe illustrator as a high school kid circa 2000.

i'd take some logo, like chicago, and add like 3 or 4 strokes to it and think "man, that looks so much better. i incorporated so many feather colors in the outline. really brought the whole thing together!" when in reality it just looked like it was dripping in rainbow paint...

both artistic trends and my adult sensibilities have come around to favoring simplicity over excessive strokes. the current sabres logo looks like what i would have made if you'd asked me to update the classic sabres logo as a teenager. and that is anything but a compliment. lol.

7 hours ago, hockey week said:

Just saw this on facebook and I'm wondering if anyone has found this logo anywhere else in the meantime.

Image may contain: 37 people, people smiling, crowd

That's a quality back-to-back logo, I definitely need that on a hat.

I would take a hat with that logo on it over the ones they wore last night.

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's become as annoying a CCSLC trope as "iconic" and "pops" but the Lightning are dressing as the Maple Leafs and there ain't no one gonna turn me round.

*team has stripes*

"ugh original six dress up again!"

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, hockey week said:

Just saw this on facebook and I'm wondering if anyone has found this logo anywhere else in the meantime.

Image may contain: 37 people, people smiling, crowd

That's a quality back-to-back logo, I definitely need that on a hat.

I'm guessing the Penguins and the NHL will be more than happy to oblige you. :)

Archived