NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, demondg1 said:

All portions of crests that are the same color as the base jersey will do this.  Based on what Adidas has done with NBA jerseys, I kind of expected this.  

Just imagine all the bull :censored: we'll be told about how much lighter the jerseys will be and how much faster two time Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel will skate.

This is going to be really hard to do with the Blackhawks: there's some red on the Indian Head but not enough to justify doing this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

46 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

It's telling a lot

- Colorado isn't going with their alternate jersey and logo

Disagree, this teaser telling us only that they stick with primary logo, nothing about design.

4r2eer.png

26 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

But, that doesn't mean that these teasers aren't telling us nothing. We know what the primary color of the home sweaters and primary crests are going to be. It's good news that Colorado is sticking with maroon and their logo, as is Las Vegas going with a slate/dark gray home sweater. Now, the Avs could very well be updating their awful Edge template (how it's lasted that long, I don't know) and the Knights could have something awful up their sleeves, I like what I see so far, as minuscule as it is.

Oh yes, very true. We are indeed seeing something, all I'm saying is we haven't seen it all yet. I haven't seen enough yet myself to be settled. I don't recall the list of teams changing, but for all we know, any one of those teams could have a completely different uniform than before, even if they kept the same logo and jersey color. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, Toronto206 said:

Likin Colorado keeping the logo. 

I might be the only one, but I actually like the pattern inside the Knights logo. As long as it doesn't become a regular thing for all teams, like some weird Adidas thing, then I'll be fine. It's subtle enough where it isn't a problem, and it kind of complements the logo.

Never underestimate the depth of Adidas' ineptitude. I originally thought the funky pattern they used for Miami U's football uniforms would be unique. But then they extended it to Louisville...and UCLA...and every other collegiate team they partnered with. I do like the embossed pattern on the shield, but it sets precedent for upcoming uniforms (and not necessarily in a good way).

Side note: I'm glad Colorado's sticking with the "A" for at least one more year. There is a bit of significance attached to that logo, so to see so many people rag on it is puzzling.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, BenLueckDesigns said:

It will be horrendously terrible if Vegas uses that embellished logo for the jerseys let alone anything, everything they've done with design so far has been a disaster.

Umm you'd barely be able to see it

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Disagree, this teaser telling us only that they stick with primary logo, nothing about design.

I wasn't just talking about Colorado, I was talking about the entire league. That was pretty clear.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The Wild just can't do anything right.  Just base it on your most recent white jersey, or the inaugural jersey, and be done.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

This is going to be really hard to do with the Blackhawks: there's some red on the Indian Head but not enough to justify doing this.

I'm curious what they do with the Blackhawks chain-stitched crest. I assume if anything, the chief's skin will be mesh because it's the only twill in the whole logo.

blackhawks-crest_zpsbe7nznwz.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

43 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I agree with rest of your post :)

Predators:

593ef85108c07_DCJRY5cV0AALJW5.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.968f629d0b8f23a981e14466ced4b887.jpg

They couldn't have shot just a little more to the left, could they? I'm most curious about the piping.

Nashville's current set is a great start, compared to their bland original look. The look is only about 75% there. Make three of four minor tweaks, and I'm a happy fan.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

34 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I'm curious what they do with the Blackhawks chain-stitched crest. I assume if anything, the chief's skin will be mesh because it's the only twill in the whole logo.

blackhawks-crest_zpsbe7nznwz.jpg

they might just keep it the exact same, others like the Panthers have the old twill crests so maybe they wont change

I must say, everything looks extremely positive thus far.

- Colorado keeping their championship logo and burgundy as a base.
- Ottawa Senators sticking with the centurion and red.

- Vegas Knights logo looking much better as an embroidered patch than the flat application.

- Navy complimenting the Oilers orange jersey better than Royal did.

- Sharks potentially lightening their teal.

- Even Minnesota's teaser has me hopeful that they will have a new cohesive set that better compliments their retro direction.

The material the crests are made of look beautiful as well, particularly on Columbus, Detroit and Ottawa.  I'm excited :) .

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

No more Rockies logo next year :)

Unless it's now a shoulder patch...

38 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

The more I think on it, the more i hope the canucks never change.

I like them exactly the way they are, with the possible exception of taking off the vancouver script. Even that isnt as bad as it used to be

I wish the striping size would match... That would bump them up to the top 10 in the league...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived