NHL 2017-18

Bmac

9 hours ago, uniformity said:

OK so the Predators appear to be wearing mustard and the Red Wings are now in maroon. Either the pictures are darkened or something is up. Could this mean that the Oilers aren't in navy blue after all? Discuss.

Basically that. Darkened promo photos are edgy and cool and sports.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Basically that. Darkened promo photos are edgy and cool and sports.

This is basically what happened when the VIkings teased their unveiling in multiple photos over days; the yellow appeared to be a metallic gold and the purple a darker shade. People started freaking out, and getting exciting or disappointed, but when the uniforms were actually unveiled the colors were normal, it was just a result of how the photos were presented/filtered,.

jersey-close-article.jpg

12 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Here's a guess at what I think Colorado and Minnesota will unveil

593fea21eda61_fixedconcepts.thumb.png.c2e5eca0e32f2b27c30f82d0b2ecfeeb.png

(sorry for the shameless plug lol)

FITY

Anyway, I feel that there will be some red on the Minnesota home, and that it will come in the form of the Stadium Series striping. Also, I think that Colorado will be navy instead of light blue, and incorporate the mountain striping on the hem (but not on the sleeves - that would be too much, IMO)

ExJworW.png

That ones not bad, from habsfan1.  I feel like Minnesota will still not have matching home and roads. I doubt they'd change the road one. Why they can't just make the matching road we all want is beyond me. I made one as well for the EA game...

wild2%20copy_zpswrqgfg2t.png

15 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

FITY

Anyway, I feel that there will be some red on the Minnesota home, and that it will come in the form of the Stadium Series striping. Also, I think that Colorado will be navy instead of light blue, and incorporate the mountain striping on the hem (but not on the sleeves - that would be too much, IMO)

It's clear in their teaser that the Avalanche still has the normal light blue (whatever the official name is). I'd expect there to still be black pants and gloves.  Avi's concept is a fair guess, but maybe they'll surprise everyone and do something different than reusing their original or previous alternate jersey designs. 

I know, big maybe. 

8 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

JohnnyC_flag.jpg.cf.jpg

If that wouldn't be THE most overly-detailed, over-thought, mish-mashed, complete hodgepodge of a logo in modern NHL history I don't know what would be tbh.

This is the problem with trying to please a fan base who is so stupidly intent on constantly screaming for what they want their identity to look like. You end up with crap like this, potentially. They'd be better off ignoring everyone, forever, and just sticking with the Orca. At least it's a competent logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The Minnesota signature striping (X thin, Y thin, X thick) does not work anywhere but a hem. On sleeves, socks, or, perish the thought, a chest stripe, it looks frustratingly imbalanced. Just put the stripes on the other side geeeeeez.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

It would also be the best damned logo the Vancouver Canucks ever had.

blocked.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Am I nuts or does the tail on the Devils logo look different? Maybe it's just because I've never examined the tail on it's own. 

It looks like it may have been reshaped slightly as compared to this picture off of a authentic Reebok throwback.

DCIPJOWXoAE1V-3.jpg-large.jpg.dc8e5f5c9d365dddf53c71d4dfc407dd.jpg

Screenshot_20170613-115807.png

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

Everyone making concepts based off of darkened pics of slivers of logos is just being ridiculous. No one can extrapolate anything about the Wild beyond having green sweaters with a wheat chest stripe of some kind. 

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and calm down. It's only a week.

Archived