NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Looks like the retro collar has been dropped.

And the colours of the names have been inverted, likely due to complaints about legibility.

We'll see if the numbers follow suit, or if they'll stay blue outlined in white.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the Blackhawks the only team that hasn't posted any teaser?

Pens haven't.  But they probably want to ride that wave of people buying jerseys after the Cup win than have people hold off to buy the "new" jerseys.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

14 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the Blackhawks the only team that hasn't posted any teaser?

Chicago

Ottawa

Pittsburgh

Toronto

Vegas

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Didn't Vegas and Ottawa post teasers in the earlier batch?

Front logo teasers yes, no back nameplate teasers yet

A few observations...

The Adidas logo is probably a bit more distracting than the Reebok one was, but for some teams, the death of the Reebox makes up for it.

The Wild teased one more step toward confirming my suspicion that red is going to be virtually ignored aside from the crest (hold out hope for the outlined numbers)

Those names with outlines appeared to me to be one-layer, as opposed two two layers; like the replicas.  (Maybe they are replicas).  Or is that how it's done now?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, BJ Sands said:

Looks like the plain black jersey in the teaser.

I recall Winnipeg also used a plain black jersey at the draft the year they moved. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Looks like the Flames dropped the italics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Looks like the plain black jersey in the teaser.

vegas.jpeg?format=300w

vegas.jpeg?format=300w

The front looks grey to me and the back looks black. Lighting or each side is a different color?

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

vegas.jpeg?format=300w

vegas.jpeg?format=300w

The front looks grey to me and the back looks black. Lighting or each side is a different color?

I sure hope it's lighting. Going 2000's Toronto Raptors on us would be terrible.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Those names with outlines appeared to me to be one-layer, as opposed two two layers; like the replicas.  (Maybe they are replicas).  Or is that how it's done now?

Replicas will be made by Fanatics, so I think these are authentics.  But as someone mentioned before, it's probably how it's done now due to weight.

1 minute ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I sure hope it's lighting. Going 2000's Toronto Raptors on us would be terrible.

That's the worst lighting difference of all the teams we've seen so far.  

Hope this isn't black cape-on-the-Golden Knight territory.

Archived