United States Soccer League/Canadian Soccer League(CSL-ALL DONE!)

JosiahWVU

12 hours ago, soflo_sports said:

Dallas looks great, but the claw marks for Houston are a little corny, it would be a much better set without them

Thanks. I think I am going to post all 20 USSL Premier League teams, and then do updates. I will keep that in mind.

10 hours ago, Jbadger9 said:

Love the concepts so far, keep up the good work

Glad you like them!

9 hours ago, Darknes said:

These look great and I love the little backstories. I'm realizing that some cities are gonna be broken with their talent

Thanks, yes teams like St Louis(I will get to them soon) are really hurting.

IxkieML.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Darknes said:

I meant broken like overpowered, teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh and possibly Boston come to mind

Definitely. Just look at these:
Chicago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rj3qBUv0wKvE3SNFEN8WnlaClkoxtiYaPWfuhFzsSsA/pubhtml

Pittsburgh: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13R5XPL0jtwyd5QDS_RaRKDxT11eh_HtUT5cqOfAT3iE/pubhtml

Stacked. I would also throw in San Francisco and Columbus(you'll see why when I get there) as powers. I would say it is much like European football. Teams like Barca, Man U., Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. hold much of the money so they are consistently good.

Next two should be up soon!

IxkieML.png

On the left:

Tampa SC

Tampa joined the USSL in 1999 and just gained promotion for the first time to the Premier league in 2010. Since that time the club has been a so called "yo-yo" club, meaning being relegated one year and promoted the next, as the Pirates were one of three teams promotedfor the 2016/17 season. A bright future is in the sights, as young midfielder Jameis Winston and strikers Steven Stamkos, and Mike Evans, as well as goalkeeping duo Ben Bishop, Russian keeper Andrei Vasilevskiy. I did some research for this team because I had trouble with ideas. I found that Oviedo, Spain is Tampa's sister city so I took inspiration from Real Oviedo's crest. Beneath the crest is a scroll inscribed with "ATTACK", a nod to the team's nickname of, the Pirates. The home kit is light blue with red accents and a sublimed a "sunshine burst". Clash is all black, with red accents and pewter crossed swords. The crest is monochrome red and black. Sponsor is Publix(originally Burger King, but I did not like the how it fir on the shirt) and Nike makes the kits.

Club de Athletico Miami(I don't speak Spanish, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Miami joined in 1999, alongside Tampa, but has had much more success. They got to the Premier League in 2007, and have been there ever since. Potentially the best player of this generation, Lebron James, got the team a star above the crest in 2012, before returning back to Ohio in free agency in 2014. The team has a solid defense with Cameron Wake, and the age-less wonder, Jamoir Jagr. Powerful striker Giancarlo Stanton is set to be with Miami, for quite awhile after signing a long term deal. The club was struck with tragedy earlier this season, as Cuban midfielder Jose Fernandez was killed in a boating accident. The league made and exception to the 3 substitute rule, and allowed Miami to start with 10 men, and then put a man on a few minutes in, to pay tribute. The side has a patch with 16 inside a circle(Sorry about the clash, I had this finished before the tragic event) on the players left sleeve. The clubs name takes from the historic Hispanic community in Miami. The crest is a vertical trapezoid with C A M inside, with vertical stripes at the bottom and an old fashion soccer ball inside. As you can see both Floridian sides have vibrant colors, as Miami has a lime green and redish-pink striped home kit. Clash is black with pink shorts to differentiate from rival Tampa, and three vertical stripes on the back, based off of this Arsenal kit. Sponsor is Royal Caribbean, and Nike is the manufacturer(can you tell I love Nike?)

Bt6CIcv.jpg?1

C&C Appreciated!
Up Next: Meet me in St. Louis, and check the weather, wind is in the forecast!

21 minutes ago, Darknes said:

Some countries would get even more stacked while those players in their prime. Like a Germany squad with Dirk in it's Prime, Argentina with Manu or France with Tony Parker

Absolutely, I complied a list and am working on digitizing it. Here are some highlights:

Japan with Ichiro in his prime, and Yu Darvish and Mashario Tanaka today

I have Anthony Rizzo with Italy, because of the US's depth

Mexico would add Adrian Gonzalez

Colombia with Julio Tehran

Venezuela is not a power but is pretty good, would have Jose Altuve, Miguel Cabrera, Salvador Perez, and more. 

Australia with Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving(same as Rizzo)

African power Cameroon with Joel Embiid

France would have Joakim Noah, and as you said Tony Parker

Spain would have the Gasol brothers

Greece would add the Greek freak, Giannis Antetokoumpo

Not many in the NFL, but:
England would get Jay Ajayi

African power Ghana would get Ezekiel Ansah

And of course in Hockey Canada and Sweden get huge boosts

Slovakia can claim Marian Hossa and Zdeno Chara

Czech Republic can claim Jamoir Jagr for the next 27 years of his career;)

IxkieML.png

Bump

Also, here is my USSL and CSL All Star Week

USSL:
Monday: Rising Stars Game(early, like Noon or 3PM); European Club vs All Stars(similar to MLS). Late(7PM)

Wednesday: USSL ALL STAR GAME: EAST VS WEST(there are no conferences but each year the teams would be split up between East-West)

Friday: USSL ALL STARS VS CSL ALL STARS(alternates year to year, with the home team)

CSL:

Monday: European Club vs All Stars(similar to MLS)

Wednesday: USSL ALL STAR GAME: EAST VS WEST(there are no conferences but each year the teams would be split up between East-West)

Friday: USSL ALL STARS VS CSL ALL STARS(alternates year to year, with the home team)

IxkieML.png

Sorry for the delay. Moving right along.

On the left

St Louis SC

St Louis SC has been a part of the USSL since 1940 and and hoisted the trophy in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1975, 1984, and 2008. St Louis has struggled of late, and spent time in League II from 2011-13. The current squad is lead by Matt Carpenter and Puerto Rican goalkeeper Yadier Molina. STLSC crest has horizontal stripes and the Gateway Arch. The team sports a classic red/blue hooped kit. The clash is all white. with gold fleur-de-lis. Sponsor is Budweiser, and Adidas makes the kits.

On the right

Chicago Union

Chicago was an original team to the USSL and is the second most successful franchise in the league raising the trophy 13 times: 1906, 1911, 1923, 1933, 1936, 1957, 1974, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, and 2010. The current team is consistently in the title race with Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant, Jonathon Toews, Patrick Kane, and D-Wade. The "Union" name pays homage to the Great Chicago Fire. The crest is a roundel with the city flag on the inside, and the championship stars are 6-pointed to resemble the flag. First kit is all white with a flag inspired stripe. Clash also is inspired by the Great Chicago Fire, as it is a fireman's suit. Sponsor is State Farm, and Nike is the manufacturer. 

xkcC5PE.jpg?1

Up Next: "OHIO, THIS IS FOR YOU!", and 1 of the 4 NFL Conference championship game teams.

IxkieML.png

Nice work overall!

The right name for the Miami team in spanish would be Club Atlético de Miami, just like Club Atlético de Madrid if that was your inspiration :D

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

8 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Nice work overall!

The right name for the Miami team in spanish would be Club Atlético de Miami, just like Club Atlético de Madrid if that was your inspiration :D

Thanks! Glad you like them.

On the left

ASC Columbus

Columbus joined the USSL in 1940, and has hoisted the trophy 3 times, in 1952, 1961, and 2014. The current club is lead by arguably the world's best player, Lebron James. James began his career with Columbus, before leaving for Miami, then returned to the club and led them to the title in 2014. Former Ohio State midfielder joined the club mid season, following his career with the Buckeyes, and Australian Kyrie Irving, and Corey Kluber, Francisco Lindor, and Kevin Love keep Columbus in the playoff hunt. The crest is meant to resemble Columbus' nickname of the Arch City, with a diagonal stripe and buckeye. Home kit is scarlet, with gray accents, sash, shorts, and socks. The clash is the home kit with inverted colors. The sponsor is Nationwide, and Nike makes the kits. One note is that I have "LEBRON" as the NOB. several soccer players use their first names on kits.

On the right

Steel City SC

Steel City joined the league in 1910, and has won 9 titles, in 1914, 1925, 1938, 1951, 1959, 1964, 1979, 1992, and 2009. The current team is a power with Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew McCutchen, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin. Young GK Matt Murray has started to take over as the keeper, for Marc Andre-Fleury. The crest is resembling of Manchester City, as SCSC is owned by Man City, but the colors are so iconic to the city, and team, Man City allows, them to keep them. First kit is all black with yellow sleeves, and the clash is all yellow with a sublimed checkerboard, based on the city flag. Sponsor is Heinz, and Nike is the manufacturer.

L7VXwb1.jpg?1

Up Next: Queen City and the Capital

IxkieML.png

On 1/19/2017 at 6:24 PM, Capt. America said:

Steel City S.C. Badge concept based on your design! @JosiahWVU ;)

SteelCityFC.png

Thanks you so much! I love it. Only one complaint though, could you rework the stars to be the same? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay!

Charlotte SC
The Queen City was awarded a USSL club in 1910, and has claimed 5 titles: in 1915, 1924, 1940, 1962, and 1999. The current club is lead by Cam Newton and Kemba Walker, as well as a solid defense with Luke Kuechly, and Thomas Davis. 2016/17 has been a rough season so far as they sit in a relegation spot. Crest is a roundel with a crown, a nod to the Queen City, and an argyle pattern, a nod to UNC. Home kit is all Carolina blue, with a argyle diamond pattern on the kit. Clash is navy blue with white socks and shorts. Sponsor is Bank of America, and Adidas makes the kits.

DC United

DC joined the USSL in  1902 as an original club. DC is the third most successful club with 11 titles: 1904, 1907, 1912, 1922, 1926, 1927, 1935, 1947, 1958, 1972, and 1986. Although with such great history, the club has one of the longest title droughts in today's league. The current squad will try to turn the tide of that with stars Bryce Harper, and Alexander Ovechkin. One of the better goalies in the league, Braden Holtby, plays between the posts for DC. DC is one of the clubs based off of the MLS clubs, DC United the home kit  is all red with two chest stripes , based off the DC flag. The clash is all white with flag inspired stripes, on the back. National Geographic is the sponsor, and Adidas makes these kits.

Jddo9JW.jpg?1

Up Next: Manchester City vs Manchester United: American style

IxkieML.png

Thanks guys! So I hav two today and two tomorrow and then the USSL is done.

New York City SC

NYCSC is the older New York team, and NYCSC AND NYU have the oldest and biggest rivalry in the USSL. NYCSC is the most titles in the league with 19: in 1903, 1910, 1919, 1920, 1928, 1931, 1932, 1934, 1939, 1949, 1954, 1960, 1964, 1968, 1978, 1981, 1996, 1998, and 2002. Stars like Babe Ruth have played in the kit for City. The current squad is lead by Carmelo Anthony, and Italian star Andrea Pirlo. OBJ also is a star for NYCSC. The crest is one of my favorites and is a roundel with a pentagon(5 boroughs) inside, as well as a NYCSC monogram and an old-fashioned soccer ball. The home kit plays of the Yankees, but with a Manchester City blue, as the club is also owned by Manchester City. The clash is navy blue, with white trim and shorts. The sponsor is MetLife, and Nike is the manufacturer.

New York United

The other half of the Big Apple Derby is NY United, which has 7 titles since there joining in 1916: in 1946, 1953, 1955, 1965, 1971, 1980, and 1997. John Tavares, Darrelle Revis, and Yoenis Cespedes lead the current club. The colors come form the NYC flag, and the crest features the NYC skyline and was updated to include the Freedom Tower, recently. The home is orange, with blue trim. The clash takes inspiration from the Statue of Liberty, and skyline. The sponsor is Verizon, and Nike makes the kits. 

mJ3HuNk.jpg?1

Up Next: Let freedom ring!

IxkieML.png

Were find ourselves at the conclusion of the USSL 2016 teams:

Boston Revolution

The other team in the league with a non-European name(Houston was founded in 1902, and has 9 titles: in 1902, 1905, 1909, 1916, 1917, 1918, 2004, 2011, and 2013. The Curse of the Bambino struck Boston in 1918, after they traded striker Babe Ruth to rival NYCSC. 86 years later the Revolution returned to the top in 2004. The current squad is a power, and constantly compete for titles. Tom Brady, Mookie Betts, Zdeno Chara, are the leaders of the Boston club. The crest is a cream shield with crossed rifles inside, and a Continental Soldier hat above(I'm not sure of this one so let me know). Home is blue with a cream cross sash patter, inspired by Revolutionary soldiers. The clash is all yellow, with 'DTOM' above the NOB. The kit is based of the "Don't Tread on Me Flag", and has a the snake as the logo. Sponsor is Gillette and Nike makes the kits. 

Philadelphia SC

Philadelphia was also an original team founded in 1902, and has 10 titles: 1908, 1913, 1921, 1929, 1930, 1937, 1950, 1973, 1982, and 1995. PSC has encouered some tough days recently, and are the only original 6 team to spend time in League II. The team earned promotion last year, and drafted Carson Wentz, and traded to get Ben Simmons and has a bright future. Jahlil Okafor and Maikel Franco also have bright futures. PSC has a strong European vibe. The crest is similar to Dortmund's, and has the Liberty Bell on it. The home kit is a basically reverse to PSG, and the clash is all white with the Liberty Bell crack on it. Sponsor is Comcast, and Nike makes the kits. 

m7bOxoR.jpg?1

Well, that's all for the USSL Premier League, and will take a short break before posting the CSL. Then I hope to do the lower levels of the USSL, and more live action designs.

Thanks for following!

IxkieML.png

Archived