NHL by Adidas - Predictions and Wish List (Final teams added! - MTL/BUF/VAN)

OhioSportsMan61

The title of the thread says it all...

I will be posting my predictions for what I think the NHL/Adidas will be unveiling for their league-wide overhaul next season, as well as changes I would make/what I want to see. We know a few details for what to expect - such as the Oilers wearing their orange alts full time, the Devils rebranding, etc - but according to @Chris Creamer, some teams won't have major changes.

So first up...

1) Washington Capitals

Prediction: rumor has it that the Caps are thinking about switching to their retro-throwbacks full time. 

WSHFULLx_zps3dlfglmf.png

Wish List: a combination of throwback and modernization

WSHFULL_zps0qjj8sr1.png

2) Tampa Bay Lightning

Prediction: they switch to their current third jersey's template to stray away from the Maple Leafs/Red Wings comparison 

TBLex_zpsb8fgny4l.png

Wish List: bring back the unique Hawaiian blue and throw in some more black

TBLFULL1_zpsfffbaqze.png

Florida and Columbus are next....C&C appreciated.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Nice designs. I think this is fairly accurate, too. I hope they move the 100 patch to the chest, like where you have it.

Also, I'll say it again: Stop freaking out about Adidas. Everything will be okay.

I agree with both things you said. The patch looks so dumb on the sleeve haha. Also I really don't think Adidas will do anything too extreme since they're the parent company of Reebok. Plus, I follow the Sr. Designer of the NHL's uniforms on twitter (Eric Bodamer) and from a few of his tweets, I get the idea that it'll be relatively tame compared to when Reebok first took over.

8 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I like the Bolts hopeful set, but I think the double border on the NOB is unnecessary.

Went back and changed it. I guess in the OP it was supposed to resemble the team's early NOB, but it's much cleaner without it

TBLFULL1_zpseofvigac.png

2LYbxnm.png

Good so far. Keep the patch on the arm to keep with consistency. Otherwise it's a full on fantasy

I love the lightning bolt down the pant sides.

I'd be ok if you switched the helmet colors. white on the road and blue at home, it'd be beautiful so terrible for viewers.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

4) Columbus Blue Jackets

Prediction: While many prefer the cannon-third jerseys, I don't think there will be major changes to the Jackets' unis.

CBJFULLexp_zpspol1iqoc.png

Wish List: They've had basically the same look for years, it feels like a good time to switch things up a bit and form a new identity with their young, talented roster.

CBJFULL1_zpsrvgk9elf.png

5) Florida Panthers

Prediction: They literally just unveiled new uniforms this year. Doubt there will be any significant changes.

FLAxfull_zpsdhocbui5.png

Wish List: Not enough blue (imo), plus I love their new leaping panther logo

FLAfull_zpsfa7ksnm9.png

Rangers and Flyers will be next!

2LYbxnm.png

12 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

I'd like to see this set with a black jersey.

51 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

I like your new Jackets concept (with the yoke), but I really don't like how the 100 looks on the yoke itself, its riding up too high. Could we see a Jackets concept potentially in the Alt color scheme? 

Ask and ye shall receive

TBLaf_zpsrh2qbxxt.png

CBJFULL2_zpstxu7tm8m.png

re: the NHL 100 patch - I think it's placed fine, if you take a look at Reebok's/Adidas' oversized yokes, it'll most likely overlap a bit. For example, take a look at the captains and alternate captains patches that the Coyotes wear...they overlap with the yoke

2LYbxnm.png

14 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

dude where did you get that cbj logo from!? I'm been trying to make something like that for years like the cleveland barons logo. 

Haha I actually made it as part of my 2018

Winter Classic project to pay homage to the Barons

2LYbxnm.png

Archived