NHL by Adidas - Predictions and Wish List (Final teams added! - MTL/BUF/VAN)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about every one of these looks good. I don't know if I'd bring some of them in full-time because some teams have sacred tradition that I don't think should be tampered with too much. But interesting concepts, nonetheless.

As a Penguins fan I don't love the number font but everything else looks great! In my wishlist I'd have the socks match the arm stripes though. I really like your Devils jersey, I think the logo and the sweater really complement one another. Even if it's not 100% realistic (who knows what they'll do) I'd be perfectly fine with it. 

I'm looking forward to what you do with the next teams. I have a feeling what's coming for the Avalanche... This is still one the few series that I check every day in the hopes that something new is up!

Thanks for all of the feedback so far, everyone! Time to move on to the next set...

9) Carolina Hurricanes

Prediction: to me, their current red unis look like pajamas (not in a good way). I think the switch over will give Adidas an opportunity to fix their mismatching mistake.

CANESfullx_zpswbe07wf4.png

Wish List: bring back warning stripes!

CANESfull_zpscxra0839.png

10) Colorado Avalanche

Prediction: it makes too much sense for them to promote their current third jersey, right??

COLFULLx_zpseldzxazo.png

Wish List: I love the look of their thirds, but would love it even more if they had sky blue instead of navy to make it more unique...

COLFULL2_zpsiwuv8hno.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

I think your prediction for Carolina might be a bit optimistic, but it does look good. The Colorado prediction looks gorgeous, may have actually changed my mind on the idea of shifting to that identity.

I agree, it's definitely wishful thinking for the Carolina prediction :D, but thank you! It also seems like the perfect opportunity for Colorado to move on from their edge templated jerseys

2LYbxnm.png

CAR: The prediction is an improvement, but the wishlist is perfect.

COL: The concepts look nice, but they're not what I want to see. The   A logo should be front and centre. After that, well, something that isn't their current abomination...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

really like the Hurricanes prediction.  If it had the flag shoulder patch added back it'd be close to pretty good as a whole.  Although you are using Arizona's number font there it seems, instead of Carolina's.

touching back on the alt colored Columbus set, I'd like to see it with just white and not the vintage white, but that's a great looking set as well.

11) Minnesota Wild

Prediction: seems pretty conventional that the Wild promote their green third to full-status (and match the logos/yokes/etc)

MINFULLx_zps3gmlit0p.png

Wish List: I love the look of their green unis, but their roads are pretty bleh to me. I added some more consistency between the two sets

MINFULL_zpsqovwyczr.png

12) Dallas Stars

Prediction: why change such a great set? Plus they just recently upgraded their unis (although I don't see them fixing their lack of font outline issue)

DALFx_zpsdjufkn45.png

Wish List: I'd love to see them adopt a similar identity to the Texas Stars (as seen in my alternate/colorway series)

DALF_zpsfq8uakq5.png

2LYbxnm.png

not sure i like minni's pants. that big red stripe with the green uni would look out of place considering there is very little red on the green jersey. Id like to see maybe a red trim around the numbers for the green wild jersey. Love that stars concept. Never been a fan of their new look in terms of the template but the logos are nice and deserve a better jersey to along with it. 

7 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

not sure i like minni's pants. that big red stripe with the green uni would look out of place considering there is very little red on the green jersey. Id like to see maybe a red trim around the numbers for the green wild jersey. Love that stars concept. Never been a fan of their new look in terms of the template but the logos are nice and deserve a better jersey to along with it. 

7 hours ago, Point1 said:

Both the Dallas and Minnesota predictions look perfect, expect the pants on the Wild. Figure they'll stay solid green. I really hope that's what the Wild go with at home.

Idk I kinda like the non-solid green pants, especially the ones they wore with their inaugural jerseys, so that's why I went with the stripes haha

2LYbxnm.png

Carolina

Bringing back the warning stripes is absolutely the thing to do but I also like the cleanness of the prediction set.  I'd rather the warning stripe go all the way around the hem but the side tags don't look bad by any stretch.

Colorado
This one is the first to miss the mark in my opinion.  Mostly because I don't think they should ditch the identity they won their two championships in.  The current set is absolute trash but going the Rockies route is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  It also bothers me that the logo does not feature the teams namesake.

Minnesota

I like that both sets feature matching uniforms and that wonderful logo, front and center.  If I had to choose though, I'd go with the prediction.  Mostly because I'm a huge fan of their current roads.

Dallas

This is another set where I prefer the prediction.  Aside from the lack of gold, Dallas' current set is as perfect as perfect gets.

Overall, this has been a fantastic series and I look forward to seeing more.  Colorado is the only one to miss the mark and even that one looks pretty sharp on its own merits.  Keep up the great work!

Archived