Luke_Groundrunner

Ice Cube, and Allen Iverson formally announce the BIG3 (3-on-3 Professional Basketball League).

72 posts in this topic

How many teams play on any given date? All 8? That'd be nice to get 4 games for your ticket.

42 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

How many teams play on any given date? All 8? That'd be nice to get 4 games for your ticket.

All eight play.

Games aren't timed.  It's the first to 60 with halftime at the first to 30.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

what the league will end up as:

Image result for fairly odd parents buring money

Gotta try other Summer sports entertainment since kids won't watch MLB. They've got TV, so this is all about putting butts in seats now.

Getting money via moving their date for Mayweather will positively impact their bottom line.

Beat me to it. I didn't realize Cube was a logo/uniform nerd like us. Great read. Still wish the Ghost Ballers were just called the Ghosts.

1 person likes this

A random redditor said today's Brooklyn show was a lot of fun. I do wish it was on TV live though; any "production" of it is likely to be very lame.

Why do people hate pretty much every new league that starts, regardless of what it is or what it's being created for?

I remember back when I was a lower-case g, we had the Roller Hockey International (or World Hockey League, I forget) and it was silly and bad, but there was pretty much nothing else to watch so people (including me) kinda got into it.

Not sure how too much content (i.e. choices) is a bad thing.  

6 people like this

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why do people hate pretty much every new league that starts, regardless of what it is or what it's being created for?

I remember back when I was a lower-case g, we had the Roller Hockey International (or World Hockey League, I forget) and it was silly and bad, but there was pretty much nothing else to watch so people (including me) kinda got into it.

That's a really good question. Threatened by change, I guess.

The XFL was the best example of this. Everyone killed it, and I never really got why. Yes, it was goofy and McMahon is a buffon, but it also had some interesting ideas -- several of which have been incorporated into other pro sports. People hated the UFL too (that's gone, right?).

More options for entertainment and more options for guys playing the sports seems the best outcome for everyone.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I used to watch the beach roller hockey on ESPN 2 back in the early-mid 90s. That was great. Having more sports or even multiple leagues of sports is so much better than too much coverage of leagues. I'm looking at you, NFL and NBA.