Ice Cube, and Allen Iverson formally announce the BIG3 (3-on-3 Professional Basketball League).

Luke_Groundrunner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Big3 will go back to their original point system (first to 60 wins; halftime when a teams gets to 30) for their playoffs and championship since there will be be less game played those days?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I wonder if Big3 will go back to their original point system (first to 60 wins; halftime when a teams gets to 30) for their playoffs and championship since there will be be less game played those days?

I doubt it as they will be on live on big FOX immediately before the McGregor/Mayweather preshow and undercard. They've got 90 minutes (4:30-6 PM EDT), maybe 15-30 overrun, but know that FOX won't be happy with them going long.

16 hours ago, dfwabel said:
17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I doubt it as they will be on live on big FOX immediately before the McGregor/Mayweather preshow and undercard. They've got 90 minutes (4:30-6 PM EDT), maybe 15-30 overrun, but know that FOX won't be happy with them going long.

They should have scheduled it the other way, as Fox could probably show the entire McGregor-Mayweather fight during halftime of the Big3 game.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Went to the games today at Staples. They're fun to watch but you do start the feel the drag since it's four hours. The crowd was treated to unexpected appearances by LL Cool J,  Chris Brown, Oscar de la Hoya, and Allen Iverson. Ice Cube had a four point shootout against Lavar Ball and won. Plus a Snoop Dogg concert! Well worth the $24 I paid for a suite.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Big3 season is winding down. Championship game this weekend in Vegas and it will actually be televised live. I don't know whether or not this league will return next year, but I truly enjoyed watching this summer. It's a fun league.

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Well the Big3 season is winding down. Championship game this weekend in Vegas and it will actually be televised live. I don't know whether or not this league will return next year, but I truly enjoyed watching this summer. It's a fun league.

They claim to average 11K/weekend. They should be back.

EDIT: FS1 will partner with them next season.  So I'd say they're coming back. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, dfwabel said:

EDIT: FS1 will partner with them next season.  So I'd say they're coming back. 

Good news!

Saw an interview Ice Cube did on the Skip Bayless/Shannon Sharpe show. He said they'll make some changes to the league going into next season. Mentioning live TV games being a possibility.

I'll put this here as it is a 3-on-3 game.

During next year's Final Four, there will be a $100K tournament for guys who are out of eligibility.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/new-3-on-3-tournament-will-have-college-seniors-playing-for-100k-during-final-four/

It's the first tournament of its kind -- for money -- at the college level. The only players eligible to participate are seniors who have exhausted their eligibility and therefore are not expected to be subject to NCAA violations for receiving impermissible benefits. Intersport has organized the annual college 3-point and slam dunk contest, held at the Final Four, for the past 29 years.

"As with their 3-point shooting contest and dunk contest, this event is not associated with the NCAA or the Final Four," NCAA director of media coordination David Worlock told CBS Sports. "That's the only comment we have at this time." 

The championship game was really good. There was a last minute foul call that was kinda suspect, but still a fun finish. The first championship team (Trilogy) finishes undefeated and the trophy they got is pretty nice as well.

Looking forward to next season and the changes they make.

45 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

The championship game was really good. There was a last minute foul call that was kinda suspect, but still a fun finish. The first championship team (Trilogy) finishes undefeated and the trophy they got is pretty nice as well.

Looking forward to next season and the changes they make.

The first change is that Kenyon Martin should be wearing no. 6, not no. 4.

KenyonMartin1.jpg.09ea7544626e6f4eca16219abc3dd359.jpg  20170826_185627.thumb.jpg.6cf85cc523185c0b031bb7f256644ea3.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Seeing how Martin was Trilogy's marquee player going into this season, he could've probably got any number he wanted. Maybe he just didn't want to wear number 6 :unsure:

I saw (and really enjoyed) that game yesterday. My main takeaway: 48-years-old-and-full-of-gray Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf out there straight sonning cats. I got a huge kick out of that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, Buc said:

I saw (and really enjoyed) that game yesterday. My main takeaway: 48-years-old-and-full-of-gray Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf out there straight sonning cats. I got a huge kick out of that.

In contrast when Allen Iverson did play early on in this season he looked like a total has-been. It was sad watching him out there considering how good of a player he was in his prime.

• 6 months later...

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/03/12/roger-mason-fired-big-3-ice-cube/

TMZ Sports has obtained a letter the BIG3 sent to players, coaches and staff explaining the move:

"We are writing to inform you of the decision by the BIG3 to terminate the employment of Roger Mason Jr. for cause under the terms of his employment agreement with the league."

The letter details a corruption investigation involving Mason and his ties to two Qatari investors who allegedly stiffed the league out of millions of dollars ... investors that Mason brought to the league in the first place.

BIG3 sued the investors Ayman Sabi and Ahmed Al-Rumaihi -- but Mason allegedly refused to cooperate with the league because of his personal relationship with the men.

Mason responded claiming that the workplace was "hostile and racist".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2018/03/12/roger-mason-jr-fired-big-3-commissioner-denies-corruption-allegations/418695002/

Archived