Sign in to follow this  
Slammersman

White Helmets for Alabama?

Mod edit 

Edited by Ice_Cap
Don't play backseat moderator

I think it's up for discussion rather than a personal design. I think if they did it as a throwback game once a year it's fine. But I wouldn't want to see this become the new primary look for them. 

i agree.. they have a history of white shells, so i wouldn't mind seeing it as a yearly one-off, but wouldn't want it full-time

Outside of the 1984 season, the generation(s) of those who remember Alabama wearing white helmets are many and are dying off.

Plus, Ray Perkins went 5-6 in the '84 season when he made the decision to change to white helmets.

Bama wore white helmets on occasion in '83 and went 8-4. Was a step down from past Alabama standards.

But I chalk '83 and '84 to the slip in Alabama recruiting during Bear Bryant's last days. Bama had a bad year (for them) in Bryant's last year of 1982 with losses to both Tennessee and LSU, two of the Tide's annual foes that hadn't beaten Bama since 1970. So the program was already declining when Perkins got there. 

As a Bama fan, I've been wanting to see the white helmets once or twice a year for a long time.

Just a rare alternate.

I don't want to see the white helmets at all.

Life-long Bama fan and have wanted see the white helmets for some road games since the 80's (never at home with crimson jerseys). I wrote a letter to coach Saban about this last month. I actually have an inside connection at Bama and will be there in the equipment rooms some time in the next couple of weeks. I am planning on bringing it up with the EQ staff.