Pro Wrestling Championship Belt Thread 2.0

JQK

your "OG" big gold  is a cheap australian reproduction - just look at the font.  The original Crumrine has a much more distinct look:

UZy7m.jpg

Note the misspelling "RICK" Flair.  Think this only lasted a week.  Someone (forget who) bent the top, and it stayed bent through the whole time in WCW - even when they casted it (the all gold versions that DDP and Jarrett and Steiner had) the casts had the bend.  Fact - Steiner stole the OG and replaced it with one of the all-gold casts.  He doesn't have it anymore

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

your "OG" big gold  is a cheap australian reproduction - just look at the font.  The original Crumrine has a much more distinct look:

UZy7m.jpg

Note the misspelling "RICK" Flair.  Think this only lasted a week.  Someone (forget who) bent the top, and it stayed bent through the whole time in WCW - even when they casted it (the all gold versions that DDP and Jarrett and Steiner had) the casts had the bend.  Fact - Steiner stole the OG and replaced it with one of the all-gold casts.  He doesn't have it anymore

I just noticed that, and was on my way to post a more accurate replica...

WLvPhBn.png

The Big Gold is definitely the best looking belt, in my opinion, followed closely by the IWGP Heavyweight Title and IWGP Intercontinental Title

IWGP Heavyweight Title

a961172df50739386be7d9116f833d04.jpg

IWGP Intercontinental Title

2nd version IWGP Intercontinental Championship.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

On 1/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, habsfan1 said:

That's an excellent modification. The new shape you gave it was a good choice.

It could use a change to make it ressemble something more along the lines of this...

undisputedchampionship.png

You should apply a small tweak to the strap and put some serif-like edges onto the side plates.

I did my best to make some quick changes ( hopefully good ) to what you suggested. I made the strap thicker around the edges and something that resembled the WWE Championship belt. I did like the edges sticking out sorta like the wings on the WWE Winged Eagle belt. As for the side plates, it was more complicated than I thought so I just messed around and kept that "royalty" look. Hopefully it works and blends with the front. Again its just based off a mock-up that I did ( I may get into it one day unless someone else wants to jump on it and make it look more professional ). Other than that I had fun doing this and may keep working on it. I'll post it in the spoiler.

Spoiler

wweukbeltupdate3.png

Side note, I came across watching Hulk Hogan return as Hulkamania  back in the good old WCW days. But I was curious how long did WCW ( even into the invasion angle I believe ) did they use the Big Gold belt with the dent on the top ?

4kv29i.jpg

On 2017-01-16 at 10:54 PM, Davey said:

But I was curious how long did WCW ( even into the invasion angle I believe ) did they use the Big Gold belt with the dent on the top ?

They used the original from whenever it got bent (honestly not sure when, but I've been watching old WCW on the Network recently, and it's there as early as 1994) to Bash at the Beach 2000. At that event World Champion Jeff Jarrett (uggg) was supposed to lie down (UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) for Hulk Hogan. Jarrett came out with a new replica of the belt. A replica which, as BBTV stated, was made with the bend intact. The plan was for Hogan to "pin" Jarrett and walk out, while Jarrett and Booker T wrestled for the original belt. Then Hogan would come back down the line with his replica, claiming to be the real World Champion, and challenge whoever held the original. That didn't happen because Russo, but Hogan still left with the original replica that had the bend, and Jarrett and Booker T still wrestled for the original.

Booker T won the original, with the bend, at Bash at the Beach 2000. He lost the WCW World Championship to Scott Steiner at Mayhem 2000. That show was in November, and Steiner continued to use the original until January 2001. At the Sin PPV Steiner came out with a second replica, this one sans the bend. This new, unbent, replica was used in WCW from January 2001 until it was sold to the WWF in March 2001. The same replica, again the one without the bend, was then used by the WWF during the InVasion storyline. It would also be used for about half a year as the World Heavyweight Championship before the WWE made a new version that included the WWE logo.

On 1/16/2017 at 10:54 PM, Davey said:

I did my best to make some quick changes ( hopefully good ) to what you suggested. I made the strap thicker around the edges and something that resembled the WWE Championship belt. I did like the edges sticking out sorta like the wings on the WWE Winged Eagle belt. As for the side plates, it was more complicated than I thought so I just messed around and kept that "royalty" look. Hopefully it works and blends with the front. Again its just based off a mock-up that I did ( I may get into it one day unless someone else wants to jump on it and make it look more professional ). Other than that I had fun doing this and may keep working on it. I'll post it in the spoiler.

Hide contents

wweukbeltupdate3.png

Stunning!

It looks classy and it has an old school feel, which is perfect for a United Kingdom World Championship.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:02 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The WCW Television Championship. It started off the JCP version of the NWA Television Championship. And had a very unique design, with the silver on red.

Plv3Rnp.png

It morphed into the WCW Television Championship. This is actually my favourite version. It's got a unique design to it, it looks important, and I like the subtle bit of corporate synergy with the on-topic TBS logos :D

mIaQo3E.png

Then it got replaced by this thing, which I never liked. I get that it was supposed to look like a mini WCW World Championship belt, but it just looked...generic. It didn't even use proper WCW logos.

dX7vyzC.jpg

This was a uniquely awesome version:

Related image

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The third generation of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship is still one of my favorites. That it was replaced with the previous variant of the IWGP title when Brock left New Japan made me enjoy this version so much more.

IWGPHeavyweighttitle.jpg?resize=493,197

I've also been fond of Magnum TA's North American Title and, for similar reasons the Lucha Underground Gift of The Gods Championship

Magnum_TA_Jeans.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/4/4a/Lucha_Underground_Gift_of_the_Gods_Championship.png/revision/latest?cb=20160303214313

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sdlive_fanpage said:

Do you know the source of this design concept? Or who made it, How I can find it? Thanks.

I made it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived