MLS Future (Soccers)

nino21220

Nice update to your Sockers wordmark! And the kits are also gorgeous. B)

That aside, without wanting to kick off any Euro/US naming debate, I would recommend to call the team San Diego SC instead. The SC would double up as "Soccer Club" as well as "Southern California". And with this name Sockers would still work as nickname too.

Edit:

For the crest I would really love to see some evolution of the current Sockers crest. I love how they emulated the concept from Boca Juniors and include a star for each championship into their crest. Especially if they "move up" into MLS it would be nice to pay homage to all the old titles in this way.

Sockers_crest_2012.jpg

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Captain Tsubasa said:

Nice update to your Sockers wordmark! And the kits are also gorgeous. B)

That aside, without wanting to kick off any Euro/US naming debate, I would recommend to call the team San Diego SC instead. The SC would double up as "Soccer Club" as well as "Southern California". And with this name Sockers would still work as nickname too.

I'd split the difference and do what they do in Seattle - San Diego Sockers SC.  That way they could be the Sockers but have some kind of differentiation from the indoor team.

Also, since those 13 stars on the crest are for indoor soccer championships, I think it would be wrong to have an outdoor MLS team co-op that.

I really like the colors (would love a touch of orange tough ;)) and overall clean uniform design, but the logo itself, not so much.

The logo should have some kind of SD iconography (as the Sockers current logo does, with the unmistakable SD skyline and Coronado bridge) and a bit more focus on San Diego, rather than the team name.

the San Diego Soccer Club actually has a pretty cool logo too.

sdsc_shield.jpg

• overall shape similar to the SD city seal
  • Iconograpy Sun/Palms/Beach and Balboa Park or some typical local architecture
  • San Diego font looks kinda neat with the little edges

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived