Adidas NHL Pride Series

raysox

Alright guys! So this was originally a NeatO Gang project, but since everyone is a couple series behind me(don't worry I'm on their ass on getting content out), I'm taking creative control of this series.

So if you're not a hockey guy, Adidas owns Reebok, who makes the NHL jerseys. Starting next year, they're putting Adidas on the sweaters. This means that they're eliminating alternate jerseys and redoing some uniforms just like Reebok did when they started their term.

I had this idea on Thanksgiving of alternate jerseys reflecting the cities the teams are in. Pretty simple and would produce a lot of new jerseys for alternates. Since this would hypothetically be Adidas first original sets, they all would have Adidas stripes just to annoy everyone. I don't make the rules, the template does.

Without further adieu, here is the first.

Winnipeg Jets

This was the first I did. Manitoba's flag is a sea of red with a union jack in the top left and a seal on the main bit. I used the red from the jets logo as the main color, and put that seal on the shoulders just like the Flames. The white and grey make a chrome looking stripe, bordered by navy. Also put some military chevrons on the sleeve. Nothing too crazy, just feeling out this project.

Winnipeg-01.png

Really looking forward to this series, and the jets look great. I despise adidas stripes, which isn't your fault but will probably hurt most of these concepts in my eyes. But as far as working with what you're given, perfection so far

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Can already tell this is going to be a great series, and it is a fantastic idea. The jersey for Winnipeg is great. Love the colors and the striping, but I feel like the chevrons look out of place just being plain white. Maybe having them mimic the striping would help make them a bit more intertwined with the rest of the jersey. Overall though, the Jets look great! Can't wait to see what you put out for the rest of the series!

Florida Panthers

So the Panthers started to bring in things that reflect the Florida flag. My thinking was that some light jerseys were needed, and I felt like this would be a great chance. So what I did was go all out. The main bit of the jersey features a cross from the flag, similar to the Edinburgh Capitals. The sleeve stripes are the same width for consistency sake. Finally. I didn't put it on the back just because it'd be hard to read.

Florida-01.png

^^^ I'm kind of dumping what I have right now. I had like 8 Ive had sitting on my computer.

Dallas Stars

Real proud of this one. Since the Texas flag is so different from the colors of the Stars, I wanted to try something different. If you look up a picture of the Dallas skyline, one prominent feature is a building with big green neon strip lights going up the length of the building. I tried to imitate that on a black background. The green is more neon than their kelly green. I also did some western furls in some areas to really drive home that this team is from Texas.

Dallas-01.png

Every single design would look worlds better without the three stripes going up the sides.  That being said, I love the idea behind the Dallas concept.  I've always wondered why they've never used a logo with that distinctive building in it.  Florida looks pretty slick as well.

This is a great concept series. I agree with most here that the Adidas side stripes drag down what are great designs. Within the confines of your guidelines, though, good stuff.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Hahahhaah thanks guys. So in the Neato Gang chat, I get yelled at for using the 3 stripes, but at this point I do it out of spite But yeah I think the Blues one has navy stripes, but that's probably the least I'll do. There might be a few celebrity concepts by the boys for their teams.

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pretty basic on this one. The city seal is black and gold and originally was my idea for this. Doing some research, the old NHL Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms were nice. Black and gold, a big P on the front, and the city crests on the sleeves. With the right modifications, I could turn this into a Pens  jersey.  So that's exactly what I did, which you can see below!

Pittsburgh-01.png

For the Pens, I'd love to see some light blue incorporated. It's part of the city seal and doubles over as representing the rivers around Pittsburgh. If you can find a way for it to work, the checkerboard pattern could be striping on the sleeves. 

Great job on all of these so far. 

St. Louis Blues

Well turns out I didn't do navy adidas stripes like I had thought, but I remember debating between that and yellow and this was better. BUT this is pretty simple Canadiens style striping with the wavy striping from the St. Louis flag. The flag has a yellow circle with a one color fleur. Then I used Navy on a lot to balance it all out.

StLouis-01.png

Archived