1997 Tampa Bay Bucs prototypes

michillini

49 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

That is def one of the better ones. I'm not one for change, But that Buccaneers brand at the time needed as much change as possible and really loved the direction they went. Now not so much. 

Agreed. I consider that '97 rebrand possibly the best rebrand of all-time. The timing was perfect, the new logos and uniforms were perfect, the choice of pewter was brilliantly unique and helped them stand out, and it elevated thier brand better than any rebrand ever has. And now hindsight has shown it to not only be the best the Bucs ever looked, but also the look associated with the team's highest point. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Agreed. I consider that '97 rebrand possibly the best rebrand of all-time. The timing was perfect, the new logos and uniforms were perfect, the choice of pewter was brilliantly unique and helped them stand out, and it elevated thier brand better than any rebrand ever has. And now hindsight has shown it to not only be the best the Bucs ever looked, but also the look associated with the team's highest point. 

zsuybp.jpg

On 1/29/2017 at 0:05 PM, Gothamite said:

I do too.  That's the only one even remotely as good as their eventual choice.  And as a simpler icon, I could even argue that it's better than the flag. 

I always thought the flag logo on the helmets with the skull and swords element on the sleeves was the way to go. The pirate ship in both its original minimal detail form and it's current overly detailed form was too small for that space. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

55 minutes ago, chrispw12 said:

Looking back, I wonder why they debuted them that year in the last year at the old Sombrero rather than waiting to open it the next year with Raymond James opening.

Way wait until 1998 when you can make a lot of new revenue in 1997?  The old Bucs set was prime for replacement.  I think the Titans, Seahawks, and Lions are the only teams to open current stadiums with new uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

59 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Way wait until 1998 when you can make a lot of new revenue in 1997?  The old Bucs set was prime for replacement.  I think the Titans, Seahawks, and Lions are the only teams to open current stadiums with new uniforms.

The Falcons should have

Archived