College Football for Non Football D1 Teams

NH4

Hey guys, so it's been a few months since I've posted to the boards (the fault of a hard drive being completely deleted). Recently I saw a few threads that peaked my interest in creating uniforms again, specifically mgdmhl's redesigning college football thread. I tried to recover my work from my old thread but everything was deleted. So I didn't have inspiration for awhile. 

Fast forward a week or two and I'm watching Marquette play basketball in their new uniforms and, being the uniform enthusiast and designer I am, I wondered what they would look like on a football jersey. BOOM inspiration hit and I knew what my next project would be. I completed Marquette and wanted more so I decided to design what football uniforms would look like for colleges who don't have football teams.

For some of these teams I heavily took inspiration from their basketball uniforms. I like when a school has a synonymous design throughout multiple athletic teams (think North Carolina or Wisconsin). For others I take inspiration from something in their logo or something that has to do with the school. I had this same philosophy in my old thread

I'll be unveiling teams by conferences. I have the Big East, Horizon, A10 and West Coast Conference done, except for the Adidas and Under Armour teams (I don't have a psd flat template for those brands).

Here's a list of all the teams:

Marquette   Real template

Providence

Creighton   Real template

Xavier

DePaul

Seton Hall

St. John's

St. Louis

VCU

Saint Joseph's

George Washington  v2

George Mason

St. Bonaventure

Gonzaga

St. Mary's

UMASS Lowell

UC Santa Barbara  V2

Long Beach State  V2

Wright State

UW Milwaukee

Northern Kentucky  V2

Little Rock

Wichita State

Portland  V2

College of Charleston  Real template

Chicago State

Grand Canyon  Black alternate  Real template

Utah Valley

Pacific

Boston

Oakland

CSU Bakersfield   V2

UNC-Greensboro  Real Template

UTRGV

UWGB

Cleveland State

Florida Gulf Coast   V2 & Real Template

Iona

MARQUETTE GOLDEN EAGLES

Home Uniform Gold Helmet.png

Home Uniform Blue Helmet.png

Away Uniform Gold Helmet.png

Away Uniform Blue Helmet.png

Alt Uniform Gold Helmet.png

Alt Uniform Blue Helmet.png

Blue Alt Uniform Gold Helmet.png

Blue Alt Uniform Light Blue Helmet.png

Blue Alt Uniform Blue Helmet.png

-Stripe design just like their new stripe

-Blue Jersey matches blue

-White b-ball jersey doesn't have any gold, so I added it

-Gold is the same

-Light blue b-ball jersey doesn't have any navy, so I added it.

-All helmets are glossy

-Socks are different colors so no "color rush" could be implemented. Except on the baby blue uniform. I think a "color rush" baby blue uniform would look great.

I thought I represented the color differences well along with representing the basketball uniforms. But if not C&C is always appreciated.

Also thanks to Logan Weaver for the template and thanks for looking guys and I'll have Providence up next.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I realize that you matched it up with the new stripes, but I think the old stripes would just look so much better. However the design is great as a whole! I'd also just add number outlines to all uniforms.

Thanks! And I totally agree about the old uniforms. If I'd have done the concept last year I would've done the alternating stripes. I tried number outlines on the navy and gold uniforms but it looked out of place because I didn't use any other colors On the uniforms other than the color of the numbers. I could post them if you'd like to see them?

1 hour ago, FACTR27 said:

I dont know if they would go yellow and light blue but it is a concept and looks great

Thanks! I don't know either about that combo. I just wanted to see what all the color schemes would look like. 

PROVIDENCE FRIARS

Home Gray Helmet.png

Home Black Helmet.png

Away Gray Helmet.png

Away Black Helmet.png

Gray Alt Gray Helmet.png

Gray Alt Black Helmet.png

I wanted a more traditional look for Providence but still an identity unique to them. I was going to go with the simple 3 stripe, but then I realized the top of the cross with an outline makes 3 stripes. 

• Helmet and pant stripes are the beginning and end of the cross in the shield. 
  • Gray helmet is shiny (like the Panthers, not like the Raiders)
  • P logo on the gray helmet for a more traditional helmet
  • Friar on the black
  • Cross logo on the shoulder caps
  • Font is the one they use for basketball

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

Yes, glad you are back. Loved your high school redesigns, and now this? My dreams have come true. Love all of these sets so far. Just one little nitpick, some of the numbers on the Providence jerseys look off-center, but that could just be the way that my monitor is. Anyways, great job!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Looking good so far. 2 minor suggestions on the concepts:

- Marquette: I would look to bring consistency to the line widths between the helmet, sleeve caps and pants. The helmets and pants look to be in-line with one another, but the sleeve caps are using much thinner lines. I think a consistent width would bring the concept together nicely.

- Providence: I would suggest shrinking the shield logo on the sleeve caps just a but so that it isn't running from seam to seam.

gYH2mW9.png

18 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Yes, glad you are back. Loved your high school redesigns, and now this? My dreams have come true. Love all of these sets so far. Just one little nitpick, some of the numbers on the Providence jerseys look off-center, but that could just be the way that my monitor is. Anyways, great job!

Haha thanks that means a lot! And I definitely see the off center number on Providence. Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

Looking good so far. 2 minor suggestions on the concepts:

- Marquette: I would look to bring consistency to the line widths between the helmet, sleeve caps and pants. The helmets and pants look to be in-line with one another, but the sleeve caps are using much thinner lines. I think a consistent width would bring the concept together nicely.

- Providence: I would suggest shrinking the shield logo on the sleeve caps just a but so that it isn't running from seam to seam.

Thanks for the comments

Home Uniform Gold Helmet 2.png

• I made the lines consistent throughout the uniform. I do like the stripe better on the helmet but the pants stripe might be a little too small. Overall I do like it better

Home Gray Helmet 2.png

• Shrunk the logo on the sleeve caps and centered the front number

Looks great. You could always flip it the other way for Marquette and make the sleeve cap lines thicker to match how the pants and helmet were originally. Then you can make a final judgement.

Also, I forgot to mention how much I like your treatment of the striping on the Providence helmet and pants. Nicely tied into the cross logo.

gYH2mW9.png

2 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Looks great. You could always flip it the other way for Marquette and make the sleeve cap lines thicker to match how the pants and helmet were originally. Then you can make a final judgement.

Also, I forgot to mention how much I like your treatment of the striping on the Providence helmet and pants. Nicely tied into the cross logo.

Yeah I did both variations of the sleeve stripes but I like the skinny stripes better. Plus it looks more like their basketball uniforms. And thanks on the Providence unis!

Thanks guys for the comments. The next team up is Creighton

CREIGHTON BLUEJAYS

Home Blue Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Blue Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

• Helmets are both matte. Blue helmet has a chrome facemask
  • Unique tapered stripe on helmet and pants. I got inspiration for the stripe from the indents in the C logo
  • Sleeve design is from the feathers in the logo
  • Number font is the font they use for basketball

Thanks for the comments guys, it seems like everyone likes Creighton so I'll move onto Xavier.

XAVIER MUSKETEERS

Home Blue Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Home Chrome Helmet.png

Away Blue Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

Away Chrome Helmet.png

Gray Alt Blue Helmet.png

Gray Alt White Helmet.png

Gray Alt Chrome Helmet.png

Drew heavily from the basketball uniforms. The "X" on the uniform translated well on the helmet and pants. I did have to rotate the X so that it would fit on the shoulder cap easier.

• Blue, white and chrome helmet. One of the few chrome helmets I use in this series.
  • Wanted to do something different for the chrome helmet and I really wanted to use the musketeer logo
  • Number font is the font on their basketball jerseys

Archived