College Football for Non Football D1 Teams

NH4

On 2/20/2017 at 8:10 PM, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Can you do the Wright State Raiders of the Horizon League? I would greatly appreciate it.

Have you started working in this? I'm just wondering because I really want to see it. I don't want to rush your work, just want to see how it's coming so far. Thanks in advance.

image.png

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cubsfan2015 said:

I'm loving this series. Hopefully you could do Butler sometime.

9 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Butler does have football. Not saying he would or wouldn't do them, but they do have a team in the non-scholarship FCS Pioneer Football League.

Butler being my favorite college I would definitely do them but as stumpygremlin said, they do have a team and I'll just stick to teams who do not have a team. Thanks for the idea though.

On 2/12/2017 at 3:08 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

If I may. I'd suggest these teams

mfhe5ysvfgzgt0wxt8hcz89pv.gif88353622010.gif82715532012.gif73050262014.gif

SANTA BARBARA GAUCHOS

Home Blue Helmet.png

Home Gold Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Blue Helmet.png

Away Gold Helmet.png

Away White Helmet.png

DESIGN: -Took inspiration from the name Gauchos. 

-Pattern is a traditional Argentine pattern 

HELMET: -Pattern stripe on each helmet

-Blue, gold, and white matte helmet

-Primary logo on helmets

JERSEY: -Pattern on the sleeve cap. Similar to Florida State

- Number font similar to the ones they have for basketball

PANTS:- Pattern stripe down the leg

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Have you started working in this? I'm just wondering because I really want to see it. I don't want to rush your work, just want to see how it's coming so far. Thanks in advance.

No problem. I have them done and I will post them after I have posted the other requested teams 

2 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

UCSB is definitely my favorite so far. Love the pattern. Are there any other logos in UCSB's identity that you think would look good on the helmet just to give more logo options?

Thanks! I wanted to use the hat logo. sr017t5nm98122gw.jpg

But it looked incomplete and plain on the helmets. And that hat was the only other logo I could find.

This thread is full of beauties! Great work all around. I don't have a request, given I'm from Canada and don't know NCAA teams all that well.... but I do a question about UCSB: Does a version of that UCSB wordmark alone exist? If placed on a angle, I think that would be a cool helmet.... or just a blue shell with the dots circling it like the sombrero. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Wow. I'm blown away by your detail work on the UCSB uniforms. I do, however, think I'm on the same page as some of the others, as I don't think that full logo works well on a helmet. I looked on the website and saw their soccer and basketball teams use the letters alone, and the baseball team uses the interlocking SB. Either of those might be a good possibility. But, I do admit, there is an irony in seeing a hat on a helmet.

Great work on these- the whole series is very well done and has nice details.

On 2/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

UCSB is definitely my favorite so far. Love the pattern. Are there any other logos in UCSB's identity that you think would look good on the helmet just to give more logo options?

On 2/26/2017 at 11:45 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

This thread is full of beauties! Great work all around. I don't have a request, given I'm from Canada and don't know NCAA teams all that well.... but I do a question about UCSB: Does a version of that UCSB wordmark alone exist? If placed on a angle, I think that would be a cool helmet.... or just a blue shell with the dots circling it like the sombrero. 

3 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

Wow. I'm blown away by your detail work on the UCSB uniforms. I do, however, think I'm on the same page as some of the others, as I don't think that full logo works well on a helmet. I looked on the website and saw their soccer and basketball teams use the letters alone, and the baseball team uses the interlocking SB. Either of those might be a good possibility. But, I do admit, there is an irony in seeing a hat on a helmet.

Great work on these- the whole series is very well done and has nice details.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I took everybody's comments and I think I put all your ideas onto these new concepts

SCRIPT:Home Blue Helmet Script.png

SB:

Home Blue Helmet SB.png

DOTS WITH A PATTERN:

Home Blue Helmet Dots.png

HAT:Home Gold Helmet Sombrero.png

I tried my best with the hat and the blue dots on the hat but it looks off. I'm not sure how I could improve those two helmets but if you guys have any other great ideas I am all ears. Thanks again everyone for helping me improve on this series and this concept in particular. I'll have Long Beach St. up later today. 

8 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The SB alone is my personal fave, but all the helmets look great. 

Agreed, the one with the SB logo is the best. I know the main site says it isn't in use anymore, but the yellow "Gauchos" wordmark may look good as well. I love the pattern and numbers on this one though, great work!

LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS

Home Gold Helmet LB.png

Home Gold Helmet Script.png

Home Black Helmet LB.png

Home Black Helmet Script.png

Away Gold Helmet LB.png

Away Gold Helmet Beach.png

Away Black Helmet LB.png

Away Black Helmet Beach.png

Alt Gold Helmet LB.png

Alt Gold Helmet Beach.png

Alt Black Helmet LB.png

Alt Black Helmet Beach.png

DESIGN: -Helmet and pants stripe from the left side of the L in the logo

-No white on either the black or gold jersey

HELMET: -I didn't know which looked better, the classic LB logo or the Beach script so I added both

-Black and gold glossy helmets

-Stripe on the helmets

JERSEY: -Palm trees on the sleeve caps. The inspiration for the palm trees was taken from the basketball court

-No white to clutter up the colors

-Yellow numbers and text with a thick black outline on the white jersey to create a "brighter" uniform

-Number font matches the logo

PANTS: -Gold, white, and black pants

-Stripe from the helmets on the pants

Thanks guys for looking and like always C&C is greatly appreciated. Wright State will probably be the next team up, seeing I have that team already done.

I have two things I'd fix on this:

1) The helmet logo should be the "LB". I'm normally not a fan of text on helmets, but interlocking letters work (they did for UCSB as well as now LBSU).

2) The white uniform should have black numbers only with no outline, so as to be consistent with the rest of the set.

The rest: another stone cold stunner.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

2 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I have two things I'd fix on this:

1) The helmet logo should be the "LB". I'm normally not a fan of text on helmets, but interlocking letters work (they did for UCSB as well as now LBSU).

2) The white uniform should have black numbers only with no outline, so as to be consistent with the rest of the set.

The rest: another stone cold stunner.

Alt Gold Helmet LB 2.png

Alt Black Helmet LB 2.png

I also changed the palm trees to black to match the pants stripe

On 2/20/2017 at 7:10 PM, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Can you do the Wright State Raiders of the Horizon League? I would greatly appreciate it.

WRIGHT STATE RAIDERS

Home Green Helmet.png

Home White Helmet.png

Away Green Helmet.png

AwayWhite Helmet.png

DESIGN: -Stripe is taken from the "I" in the text

HELMET: -Logo taken from this logo

-Inspiration taken from the Michigan Panthers helmet

-Green and white helmet glossy helmet

-Stripe on the helmet

JERSEY: -Stripe on the sleeve cap

-Paw on the shoulder

-Chest and Number font are the same font in the logo and the official font of the school's athletic program

PANTS: -White, green, and gold pants

-Stripe on the pants

Thanks for looking guys and I might continue with the Horizon League trend and post Northern Kentucky and Milwaukee because I already have them done. If I haven't posted the team you requested just know that I am working on it and will definitely post them in the near future. And as always C&C is greatly appreciated. 

Archived