ALL TEAMS ADDED - NHL by Adidas - DT Concepts

DTConcepts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new, yet classical, design here.

Philly Pres.png

I'm not going to lie. I'm not a fan of Philly's jerseys. So, I did the only thing I could - redesign them. I know the Flyers are an old team, so they shouldn't have ultra-modern jerseys. I ended up with these safe but effective jerseys.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

You just pasted the presidential seal on a fairly basic template and called it day.  Not a fan.

It is from the US government, but it's from the US Customs flag, sans banner.

Image result for us customs flag

Anyway's I'm tired of drawing this series out. I'm gonna post a bunch of Western Conference jerseys.

WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL STARS:

Spoiler

West All Star Pres.png

Same as the East. Same template, just different colors.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Spoiler

Anaheim JOKE Pres.png

Taken from Inspired by the movies, I completely changed the Ducks. New logo, new colors, and a funky new kind of jersey.

All jokes aside, here's the actual set.

Spoiler

Anaheim Pres.png

Back to the Mighty Ducks for these ones. The webbed-D remains, but only as a minor patch. I, for one, love the Mighty Ducks' old striping pattern, so I used that here with the current colors.

ARIZONA COYOTES

Spoiler

Arizona Pres.png

Kachina jerseys mixed with their currents for the Yotes. I posted a slightly different version of these here a while back to some pretty good responses, so not a ton of changes. Note the Arizona flag styled stripes around the cuffs.

CALGARY FLAMES:

Spoiler

Calgary Pres.png

Got rid of the black. I know a some people like it, but I'm not in that group. More classic style of jersey that you can't complain (or talk) a ton about.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Spoiler

Chicago Pres.png

A lot like the Canadiens, I've always hated how the Hawks' home and away jerseys never matched. It's a drastic change that I can't tell if I like or not. This one was a little rushed, so the quality isn't as good as it could be, but I still like it enough.

COLORADO AVALANCHE

Spoiler

Colorado Pres.png

A mix of modern and classic here. The modern style puts emphasis on the shoulders, the classic goes back to the mountains. I also used their alternate jersey's logo with steel blue, because that's a color unique to the Avs.

DALLAS STARS:

Spoiler

Dallas Pres.png

I love the Stars' new logos and jerseys. The green and silver just work together. However, I would love to see yellow in the silver's place, and a total elimination of black all together.

EDMONTON OILERS

Spoiler

Edmonton Pres.png

Rumor has it that the Oilers are headed back to orange next year. I don't have anything against that; I actually think it'll look better. Regardless, here are some WHA-inspired unis for the Oilers.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

Spoiler

Vegas Pres.png

This team is a trainwreck. Their logos' and name's copyright was denied, the unveiling ceremony was botched, and the name just sounds gawky. The least they could do is introduce some half-decent uniforms. These ones have some classic influence, but use a not-so-subtle 'V' pattern on the arms.

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Spoiler

Los Angeles Pres.png

The Kings' black and silver color scheme is boring, their logo is boring, and their jerseys are uninspired. To spice it up, I added purple and yellow into their silver and black, along with the Burger King logo. The design is a little safe, but also is a little out there.

MINNESOTA WILD:

Spoiler

Minnesota Pres.png

The Wild need to get a cohesive set of jerseys. They've got a home and alternate that are an odd mix of modern and classic, and a beautiful road jersey. What I think the Wild need to do is go all-in with the green and cream. Green home jersey and a cream road. These, I think, balance the two well.

That's all for today. What do you guys think?

31 minutes ago, MEANS said:

@Zeus89725 You do know that the NHL logo (the league you are doing all these concepts for) is wrong in your signature....right?

I do. It's a recolored version of their old logo. I like it better than the current NHL logo, with all its gradients and such.

Other than not being a fan of the gradient sunset in the cuffs, Arizona is perfect. They're one of only three teams in the league who should be avoiding traditional striping. Also, sand is criminally underused in their current sets. Great job.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Here are the last bunch of teams.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Spoiler

Nashville Pres.png

I didn't know where I wanted to go with this one. I wanted something reminiscent of a tooth, but that didn't work, so a more simple design worked here. Kept the gold, because that has become their color.

SAN JOSE SHARKS

Spoiler

San Jose Pres.png

I used the logo they introduced this year, because I think it's miles better than their current one. I've always bee one for orange in the Sharks' color scheme, but I can understand having grey in it. However, with this logo, I think orange suits it better.

ST. LOUIS BLUES

Spoiler

St Louis Pres.png

The Blues nailed it with their Winter Classic jerseys. These ones are pretty similar; they use a lighter blue and their old logo, which I just think looks sharper. The Blues need to keep it simple and classy, which these do.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Spoiler

Vancouver Pres.png

My two cents on the Canucks: Drop the orca, and embrace green. I used Johnny Canuck here, both on the pants and crests. I adore both of these logos, the old 'V' striping, and the 'Nucks' green; all of which are used here. It's a blend of new and old.

WINNIPEG JETS

Spoiler

Winnipeg Pres.png

I know it doesn't get a ton of love on the boards, but I love the Jets' logo, but I hate their jerseys. They come across as bland, at least to me. These may not be the most exciting designs, but I still like them. I tried replacing the silver on the away with light blue, but the silver just looked better.

That's the series! Thanks for giving me the support, criticism, and comments you guys did!

I liked this series in general, but I wasn't a fan of you not slightly mid-matching home/away sets to improve colour balance and bleeding. Case in point: Stars, Blackhawks, Ducks and Flames to name a few.

A couple of my favourites are the Wild, Coyotes, Blues, Avalanche, but I just don't think your Kings set works, colour scheme, striping pattern and logo.

Looking forward to more from you (hopefully with a newer font!)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived