2018 MLS Kits (NYCFC, Chicago updated 3/16)

upperV03

24 minutes ago, soflo_sports said:

I think Colorado always looks best with hooped socks, so maybe you could experiment with that a little

Just to keep things different from their current primary, I wanted to refrain from using hooped socks again. I may go back and utilize a design similar to either of the ones Argentina used for their World Cup kits:

IMG_3025.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here's what I came up with. On the burgundy socks there's a thick white stripe bordered by thin light blue stripes, and there are now white socks which feature a thick burgundy stripe and two darker burgundy stripes surrounding it. I also removed the alternate burgundy shorts.

Rapids2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I have a slight update to my concept for the Sounders. The wave pattern is now much thinner and closer together, and it's also a lighter color. The Chief Seattle logo is back as the jocktag rather than the back neck graphic, and it's placed in a white circle for better contrast. Other than that everything stays the same.

Sounders2017.png 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks @Digby, glad you like the update.

Today I have a couple of slight tweaks to my SKC and Dallas concepts. For SKC, I made the crests a little bit smaller, added "NO OTHER CLUB" to the back neck, and added an alternate pair of white shorts just for the hell of it and also so it is consistent with (nearly) all of my other concepts that have two pairs of shorts available. For Dallas, I placed the Lamar Hunt logo on the left sleeve since it's like that on their current kits, and I added a circular graphic to the back neck that has the Dallas flag inside of it.

SKC2017.pngFCD2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I thought I'd take a break from posting updates so that, like my series last year, I can show you all a bonus concept for this season's All-Star Game. Since the game is in Chicago, and since they've used a white and blue jersey the last two years, respectively, I thought I'd go with a bright red shirt with navy and white accenting. The only graphic I've seen thus far for the game has a net pattern on it, so I took that idea and decided to create an intricate and somewhat abstract gradient pattern out of perpendicular lines. The graphic covers the front panel of the shirt, while the rest is left solid red. The jocktag is of course inspired by the Chicago flag, except the top blue stripe is the city skyline and "MLS ALL-STAR 2017" is on the bottom. I included navy and white shorts, although I think I prefer the former.

MLSAll-Star2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That's sharp! I love love loooove red jerseys with navy accents. Could definitely see MLS doing that for both league colors and to look like Chicago Fire without looking TOO much like them. And the texture effect is really nice.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Back today with some quick housekeeping updates to my NYCFC and Chicago concepts. For NYCFC I changed the back neck graphic to a NYC flag tricolor, and added a pentagon jocktag (symbolizing the five boroughs) with "one city" on the inside. For Chicago the only change is making the star on the jocktag, and those on the back neck, red with a white outline to keep it consistent with the Chicago flag. 

NYCFC2017.png

ChicagoFire2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived