NFL Soccer Crossover Project (LATEST: GREEN BAY PACKERS 3-19-17))

vicfurth

PHILADELPHIA (sponsor: Lincoln Financial)

Philadelphia is one of the first teams I went a little nuts with (mainly on the away/clash kit), but let's talk about the home first. I started with their current colors of dark green and black, but I wanted a unique look. So, the sleeves have the Jaworksi-era striping going all the way up. It's an interesting look for soccer but I feel it works well. I carried the striping to the socks too, completing the striped up home kit.

The away/clash is based on the early Eagles days. Yes, I used the sky blue and yellow scheme for the away, seen here but more vibrant. The Nike template worked perfectly with what I was envisioning. There's also a chest stripe to help the sponsor logo blend in with the blue and yellow. 

Check it out below! Washington is coming up on Monday, finishing the NFC East.

PhiladelphiaEaglesSoccer.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2017 at 8:55 AM, vicfurth said:

PREMIER NEW ENGLAND (sponsor: Gillette)

For Premier New England, I took a lot of inspiration from the 1994 set. On that one, the Patriots had sublimated vertical stripes. In fact, they're the only team (I believe) to have that type of design in the Super Bowl era of the NFL. I also heavily-used New England's triple-stripe pattern that they have on the away socks. Sure, it's identical to the Adidas 3-stripe but I figured in this world--like our own--the Patriots would have Nike do whatever design they wanted anyway. 

The clash kit is red like the classic Patriots' sets. This shade of red really pops well, making a clean look that I really like. The shoulder stripes create a modern version of the old striping pattern from the 80s Patriots look.

Last thing: I altered the crest logo to create a more even look. Flying Elvis remains with the 13 stars of the original American flag.

C/C?

NewEnglandPatriotsSoccer.png

Alright, the 13 round stars was brilliant. 

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

I'm new to this series, and have a couple of comments about New York and Philly.

New York: On the kit with the red stripes running diagonal, the stripes seem to stop at the MetLife and then continue after it. I think the stripes should continually right through, just behind the MetLife strip.

Philly: That whole away kit gives me an Los Angeles Chargers feel, especially with the striping. I would suggest that you use different colors, more related to the actual Eagles team.

Otherwise, great job on the rest! 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

2 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

I'm new to this series, and have a couple of comments about New York and Philly.

New York: On the kit with the red stripes running diagonal, the stripes seem to stop at the MetLife and then continue after it. I think the stripes should continually right through, just behind the MetLife strip.

Philly: That whole away kit gives me an Los Angeles Chargers feel, especially with the striping. I would suggest that you use different colors, more related to the actual Eagles team.

The colors are a reference to the Eagles original colors back in the day. :P

eagles-throwback-675x380.jpg

MwI2rht_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

a&mbanner1.png

CAPSHIELDbackground4.png

17 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

I like the alternate but if people are getting a Chargers feel maybe use Kelly green for the alternate kit?

Id considered that but wanted to go outside the box. Plus, the general idea of a clash is to give an option if both teams have too similar primary jerseys. Two shades of green might've been too close (though I already did that with the aqua and navy kits for Miami).

Thanks for the feedback!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

2 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

When I was creating NewUnited I felt it got too cluttered with the stripe running through the sponsor logo. I'll probably try it and see if I want to post. 

Thanks for for the feedback and welcome to this project. :) 

On 2/10/2017 at 0:14 PM, vicfurth said:

Id considered that but wanted to go outside the box. Plus, the general idea of a clash is to give an option if both teams have too similar primary jerseys. Two shades of green might've been too close (though I already did that with the aqua and navy kits for Miami).

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I kind of forgot a big part about soccer kits right there :wacko: maybe like a white or gray jersey with Kelly green shorts, I don't know just my .02

WASHINGTON FC (sponsor: FedEx)

Time for the conclusion of the NFC East, rounding it out with Washington FC. These kits are simpler than a lot of other, but I wanted their unique colors to shine over the design.

The home kit has Washington's two-stripe motif everywhere. This includes the sleeves, side and shorts. I felt it gave the home kit a very clean look. The sleeve stripes are a bit "American football", but I feel this design works well.

The away/clash kit has the same design with the colors reversed. Obviously I went with burgundy as the away kit. The white is helpful to allow other clubs to wear their colors at FedEx Field. 

One both kit I have a neckline collar look with three stars. The significance is that the stars come from the DC flag. Bit of backstory: Washington has long boasted of having the stars first yet their arch-rival Dallas claims to have made the star famous. Quite a few good matches between those two clubs over the years.

Please see the kits below. We're heading to Ohio after this!

WashingtonRedskinsSoccer.png

CINCINNATI (Sponsor: Frisch's)

For Cincinnati (affectionately called the Bengals, because soccer), I wanted to embrace the tiger-stripe motif without looking, well, awful like their American football counterpart. I also didn't want it to look like each jersey would have the exact same pattern (tigers don't either).

For the home kit, the striping is on the shoulders and sleeves, leaving the torso area a bright orange. The pants are black to differentiate between Cincinnati and Denver (spoiler alert, haha). Per usual, I used the kicker's name/number for the kit.

The away is a little more wild. The chest has a black section with a thinner bengal stripe (See inspiration here). However, the rest of the away shirt has a sublimated striping pattern all over.

What do you think? Since I was late on this, I'll post CP Browns tomorrow. 

CincinnatiBengalsSoccer.png

CP BROWNS (sponsor: First Energy)

For Cleveland Paul (CP) Browns (name inspiration from English club MK Dons) I wanted a traditional look that celebrated both of the Browns' colors: brown and orange. The home kit has vertical stripes on both the front and back with an orange stripe on the cuff. The orange shorts add a lot of pop to an otherwise-normal kit.

The clash is brown with a chest stripe that almost circles the entire torso. I had toyed with the idea of a plain orange shirt but thought that'd be too easy a cop-out for this project. The shorts are a plain white to balance all the striping on the shirt and socks.

What do you think? We're heading to Pittsburgh--I mean, Pittsbrough--next.

ClevelandBrownsSoccer.png

I don't like the way the Frisches logo looks on the Cincy uniforms. I think using GE or Kroger would be better. I would also go for a black jersey for the home kit. The full orange looks a little tacky to me. And maybe a little too much with the Bengal stripes on the home jersey as well. The away kit is great though. 

On the Browns, I would change the vertical stripes to horizontal and have them not go behind the back number on the home kit. Everything else is great. All other concepts look great.

P.S. I'm a Bengals fan so I'm picky with them.

image.png

On 2/21/2017 at 7:48 PM, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

I don't like the way the Frisches logo looks on the Cincy uniforms. I think using GE or Kroger would be better. I would also go for a black jersey for the home kit. The full orange looks a little tacky to me. And maybe a little too much with the Bengal stripes on the home jersey as well. The away kit is great though. 

On the Browns, I would change the vertical stripes to horizontal and have them not go behind the back number on the home kit. Everything else is great. All other concepts look great.

P.S. I'm a Bengals fan so I'm picky with them.

I can see your side with Cincinnati. I ended up going orange because I wanted a more unique color. A lot of other teams have black or all-black kits. I appreciate the feedback for sure. 

PITTSBROUGH (sponsor: Kraft Heinz)

VzO20ao.png

Full disclosure: the home for Pittsbrough is basically Borussia Dortmund with a different sponsor. I love this kit and thought it'd look amazing for "The Steelers". The yellow just pops.

The clash kit is all-black with some unique shoulder striping. I was inspired by the late-60s Steelers and really liked how it looked against the black. The chest stripe has points that are derived from the hypocycloids on the Pittsbrough's crest. 

What do you guys think? Finishing up in Baltimore next.

2 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

Shouldn't Pittsbrough be Pittsburgh?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Ordinarily yes, but I altered some names to fit more with European football. Like calling the Browns "CP Browns". 

6 hours ago, Weapon X said:

It looks great, I'm a big fan of Dortmund kits so I'm a big fan of these ones. That being said i think the bumble bee throwbacks could have been a interesting Idea to implement 

I'd considered that but thought it'd be too obvious. I'll probably try that sometime. 

Archived