AHL "NHL Night" uniforms (29/30)

kcoslett17

On 2/3/2017 at 1:28 PM, kcoslett17 said:

ColeJ, I really like that marriage too.  I might loop back and give you a dark version, and I also plan on doing some other ideas for other teams, too. 

I'll put up two teams today and get the Atlantic Division over with.  First up, the Springfield Thunderbirds modeled after the 1993-2007 pre-Edge Florida Panthers.  I really wanted to use more of their logo set, which I think could be the best in the AHL. springfield thunderbirds.png

I really like where you're going with this I think I'd like to see it with the full pointed yoke and the Full Springfield Bird logo and the TS on the shoulder. Like the powder blue a lot!

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks McElroy, I appreciate it.  I went back and made adjustments to Rochester and Springfield, so lemme know what y'all think.

Springfield - added a full pointed yoke like the original Panthers had and switched the shoulder and chest logo.

springfield v2.png

Rochester - switched yellow to red.

rochester v2.png

Sorry for not posting for a while, but up next is one of my personal favorites I've done so far... the soon-to-be-extinct St. John's Ice Caps as a combination of the 1935-1938 and 1944-1947 Montreal Canadiens.  I took elements from both uniforms and blended them into a good look (at least I think so).  Fire away!

st johns ice caps.png

14 hours ago, kcoslett17 said:

Thanks McElroy, I appreciate it.  I went back and made adjustments to Rochester and Springfield, so lemme know what y'all think.

Springfield - added a full pointed yoke like the original Panthers had and switched the shoulder and chest logo.

springfield v2.png

Rochester - switched yellow to red.

rochester v2.png

I really like the Rochester concept a lot, the only thing though is maybe, thickening the word mark on the chest, just becuase the front just seems empty and maybe make the logo in the corner larger as well. Overall great series though.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a couple days... up next are the Syracuse Crunch and Toronto Marlies.

Syracuse Crunch, based on the inaugural Tampa Bay Lightning uniforms.syracuse crunch.png

Toronto Marlies, based on the 1918-1919 Toronto Arenas.

toronto marlies.png

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a few weeks, life got busy.  BUT, nonetheless, I am here to post half of the central division tonight.

First up, the Charlotte Checkers, modeled after (this might be a CCSLC sin) the 1982-1983 Hartford Whalers in their lovely Cooperalls.  I wanted to model them after a 'Canes look, but they've literally been a clone of them since they joined the AHL.  And since this isn't a true alternate jersey series, I dove back to Hartford for this.

charlotte checkers.png

Second, the jersey that gave me the idea to do this, the Chicago Wolves modeled after the gorgeous 1995-1998 St. Louis Blues uniforms.

chicago wolves.png

Third, the Cleveland Monsters modeled after the 1976-1978 Cleveland Barons.  I didn't use a CBJ look for this team because a.) I'm pretty sure they already use a jersey that's exactly a CBJ clone, b.) CBJ has almost no variety in their uniform history and has no preceding franchise, and c.) the Cavs Monsters color scheme is gorgeous, and I wanted to use it.

cleveland monsters.png

Fourth up, the Grand Rapids Griffins modeled after the 1930-1932 Detroit Falcons.  Since the Wings have had just about no uniform changes, ever, and I know GR has a clone jersey, I went old school. 

grand rapids griffins.png

Please leave C+C! I'd love to hear from y'all about how these turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

Okie dokie, so back to post two more teams in the Central Division.  First, the Iowa Wild modeled after the inaugural Minnesota Wild uniforms.

58deee3528118_iowawild.png.6fe91695653b7c85dab5845fe75d6028.png

Second, and one of my favorite I've done so far, the Manitoba Moose modeled after the Winnipeg Jets WHA/Winter Classic uniforms.

58deeea7ef46f_manitobamoose.png.c6a39b438823ece0d388b2bf76e15cc7.png

Please leave me some comments on these, I'd love to know how y'all think they turned out!

3 hours ago, kcoslett17 said:

Okie dokie, so back to post two more teams in the Central Division.  First, the Iowa Wild modeled after the inaugural Minnesota Wild uniforms.

58deee3528118_iowawild.png.6fe91695653b7c85dab5845fe75d6028.png

Second, and one of my favorite I've done so far, the Manitoba Moose modeled after the Winnipeg Jets WHA/Winter Classic uniforms.

58deeea7ef46f_manitobamoose.png.c6a39b438823ece0d388b2bf76e15cc7.png

Please leave me some comments on these, I'd love to know how y'all think they turned out!

I SQUEALED like a little girl when I saw the number font on the Moose. Nice touch, mate.

6pycts.jpg

vnmau8.jpg

JiOzZiL.png

hCnSO2I.png  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 8:58 PM, b0ss pls said:

I SQUEALED like a little girl when I saw the number font on the Moose. Nice touch, mate.

Hahaha, thanks.  I'm glad my concepts have that affect.  Anyway, moving on.  Only one team to go up tonight, but two options.  The Milwaukee Admirals modeled after the 2001-07 Nashville Predators mustard alternate jerseys.

Option 1: Blue

58ec448e0bf5f_milwaukeeadmirals1.png.ab772ba1a3bc342ca3cd849070e2f93b.png

Option 2: Gray

58ec44ca32185_milwaukeeadmirals2.png.bcb172fa6e44b39771fb768014f49cee.png

As always, please leave your opinions and comments, I'd love to know what you all think!

I'm loving that Chicago set. The numbers being a bit distorted to mesh better with the stripes is actually a really cool move!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

On 3/22/2017 at 10:53 PM, kcoslett17 said:

Third, the Cleveland Monsters modeled after the 1976-1978 Cleveland Barons.  I didn't use a CBJ look for this team because a.) I'm pretty sure they already use a jersey that's exactly a CBJ clone, b.) CBJ has almost no variety in their uniform history and has no preceding franchise, and c.) the Cavs Monsters color scheme is gorgeous, and I wanted to use it.

cleveland monsters.png

You are correct in that the Monsters do use a CBJ copy on Friday nights. My suggestion is tone down the yellow color. The Monsters use gold now as a color. Maybe try black and the wine colors instead of the gold(or use the gold as an accent color). 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Thanks for the comments guys... I have a couple things for tonight.  First, to finish the Central division, the Rockford Ice Hogs modeled after the 1937-1938 Chicago Blackhawks.  I thought the numbers on this set were pretty cool, which is why I chose them.  

58f58f4c3e475_rockfordicehogs.png.1f1704accf58004a297daf33fded1a33.png

Second, I have a revision to the Rochester Americans.  Tried to make the wordmark and shied more prominent on the chest.

58f5902a1d449_rochesterv3.png.616b35bd6a3f88d6e48bb70d4ea593a4.png

Third, I have a revision to the Cleveland Monsters.  I tried other color schemes and nothing really looked right, so I changed it up and went with a white body instead of a colored one.  I really like the way it turned out. 

58f5906f90452_clevelandv2.png.011f4289940a9a15190dd732cc65fdc6.png

That's it for now!  I'll get the Pacific division up as time allows... please leave me some feedback on how y'all think they turned out!

On 4/18/2017 at 7:44 AM, PackMan said:

A lot of the jerseys are amazing. I particularly liked what you did with Chicago as well as Manitoba's number font.

Thanks, I had to add the moose font or else it wouldn't be a moose jersey.

But, its been a few days, so I'll start off the Pacific division tonight with two teams. First, the Bakersfield Condors based on the 2001-2007 Oilers alternate uniforms.

58fbe7f648998_bakersfieldcondors.png.4ae1d36adf33663ec5aeacd2cc945fe5.png

Second, the Ontario Reign based on the 1967-1988 Kings "forum blue" uniforms.  I discovered they wore the yellow version of this uniform when I was just about done with this design, so this is actually a realistic possibility.

58fbe86ae929c_ontarioreign.png.c7fcdfc82a1423e4be20b5a582fa3db3.png

As always, let me know what y'all think!

Archived