AHL "NHL Night" uniforms (29/30)

kcoslett17

Most AHL teams have adopted their parent clubs' identities and many are pretty close to it.  I wanted to try and embrace that by creating the "NHL Night" promotion for AHL teams, where they look back into their parent clubs' uniform histories and make a past look their own.  When creating this, I figured this promotion could be like a Sunday promotion, or since division teams play each other 8-11 times, they could use one of those matchups as an "NHL Night."  Some AHL teams get crazy with alternates, so what's one more to the mix?

Starting with the Atlantic Division, here are the Bridgeport Sound Tigers modeled after the 1978-1995 New York Islanders.  We all know how much they like reminding us about the four cups they won in the 80s, so why not make their AHL club wear the unis they did it in.

*Logos from sportslogos.net, template from the concept resources on the boards, and nhluniforms.com for jersey references.  

bridgeport sound tigers.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, JCR, I was a big fan of the Pack's look when I finished it. 

Slugger, I also always thought the Pirates had a really good look.  But don't worry, I took care of their successor in this series.

Here are the Lehigh Valley Phantoms modeled after the 1981-1982 Philadelphia Flyers "Cooperall" uniforms.

lehigh valley phantoms.png

Up next are the Providence Bruins.

Interesting series, good stuff so far. Looking forward to more, especially my Roadrunners!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

really looking forward to texas, and seeing which dallas/minnesota look you choose to base it off of. especially since i already love the texas stars identity as it is.

my favorites so far are hershey and hartford. brown is my favorite color, and those caps jerseys are some of my favorite hockey jerseys ever, so it's a beautiful marriage in my eyes. i'd love to see a dark version of that bears uniform.

ColeJ, I really like that marriage too.  I might loop back and give you a dark version, and I also plan on doing some other ideas for other teams, too. 

I'll put up two teams today and get the Atlantic Division over with.  First up, the Springfield Thunderbirds modeled after the 1993-2007 pre-Edge Florida Panthers.  I really wanted to use more of their logo set, which I think could be the best in the AHL. springfield thunderbirds.png

Second, here are my hometown Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins modeled after the 1995-2002 Pittsburgh Penguins.  I want my WBS Pens to wear this in a game so badly it hurts.

wbs pens.png

OK, well I'll take the zero feedback as a compliment! Anyway, the Atlantic Division is complete, so up next is the North Division.

First, the (soon-to-be-Binghamton) Albany Devils modeled after the 1982-1992 New Jersey Devils.  Note: I actually have full redesigns for 4 teams in this division because this was originally going to be a full AHL redesign.  So, that will explain why there are AHL logos on the collar.

Would still love to hear feedback on any and all teams! Thanks.

albany devils.png

I really like the series, especially the Springfield one. Since these ideas are callbacks to some of their parent club's best looks, I don't forsee too many comments and critiques. Just take it as a positive. This forum is quick to tear into subpar work.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thanks guys.  Beerguy, I hear what you're saying, that makes sense.  I'll just keep truckin along with it.  Up next are the Binghamton (soon-to-be-Belleville) Senators modeled after the 1917-1931 Ottawa Senators.  I put both a black and white helmet because I think they could be worn home and away.  binghamton senators.png

Okie dokie then, moving on to the Rochester Americans modeled after the 2010-2012 Buffalo Sabres fauxback uniforms.  I wanted in the worst way (and I still might) to use the red, black, and silver era uniforms for this, but I realistically could not see a team as traditional as Rochester touching them.

rochester americans.png

That Binghamton/Belleville jersey is giving me a headache but in the best way, considering I'm a big fan of the Sens striped jerseys in all their variations. I don't know that yellow as a base color is working for the Americans, it sure as heck didn't work for the Sabres (at least how they used it). And, although I like the way you used it here, blue would be a better color for the crossover.  I love what you've done in this series so far, keep it up!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived