infrared41's Who am I? Super Bowl LI Edition.

infrared41

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Jim McMahon.

Don't mark it zero.* Walter Sobchak gets on the board with Jim McMahon.

I. Bears (2), Chargers (1), Eagles (2), Vikings (4), Cardinals (1), Packers (5).

II. Bears from Super Bowl XX and Packers from Super Bowl XXXI. 

III. When asked his favorite memory of BYU, McMahon replied "leaving." BYU retired his number 9 and he completed his degree in 2014. 

IV. He was the first QB to rush for two TDs in a Super Bowl.

V. McMahon wore a Bears jersey to the Packers Super Bowl XXXI reception at the White House. 

UcPkVj0.jpg

*Very bad attempt at working a quote from your screen name into this thing.

BB52Big.jpg

Round VII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of seven Super Bowl appearances.

II. I am in the At the time of my retirement, I was in the top 20 all time in this statistical category. 

III. The team with which I won my only Super Bowl ring named me to its list of greatest ever players.

IV. I had a big hand in one of the most famous (and incorrectly remembered) plays in playoff history. 

V. I played on one of just six teams to have two players reach this statistical milestone in the same season.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

14 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Earnest Byner?

We have a winner. sc49erfan15 gets on the board with Earnest Byner.

I. Browns (0), Redskins (5), Baltimore (2).

II. At the time of his retirement, Byner was #16 all time in career rushing yards. (I mistakenly said he is currently #16 all time and botched the clue in the process.) 

III. He was named one of the 70 all time greatest Redskins.

IV. "The Fumble." Need I say more?

V. Both Byner and Kevin Mack rushed for 1000 yards for the 1985 Browns.

VI. The Browns have never made the Super Bowl...unless you count the two times the former Browns/Ravens have been to the Super Bowl. B)

i0DMGpv.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Boo hoo. I made it to Earnest Byner's Wikipedia page based on the guess that it was two 1,000 yard rushers in a season, but they don't differentiate between his Super Bowl as a player and his Super Bowl with the Ravens as a coach. They just have him listed as "two-time Super Bowl champion".

Round VIII

I. The team I played for has been in five Super Bowls.

II. In college, I finished second in the voting for this award. The guy that beat me out went on to have a very successful college coaching career. 

III. The team I played for was the first NFL team achieve this Super Bowl milestone. It would be twenty years before it happened again. It hasn't happened since.

IV. Despite our record setting season, we were still the underdogs in the Super Bowl.  

V. Chuck Muncie, Eric Dickerson, and I have this unsual uniform accessory in common. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

35 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Boo hoo. I made it to Earnest Byner's Wikipedia page based on the guess that it was two 1,000 yard rushers in a season, but they don't differentiate between his Super Bowl as a player and his Super Bowl with the Ravens as a coach. They just have him listed as "two-time Super Bowl champion".

Are you saying that I'm whining or are you whining? 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

Are you saying that I'm whining or are you whining? 

I'm whining. If I have complaints about other board members, I try to save them for my cat. No problems with the clue.

14 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Bob Griese

Cosmic is on the board with Bob Griese. 

I. Dolphins (5).

II. Griese finished second to Steve Spurrier for the Heisman Trophy in 1966.

III. The Dolphins were the first team to reach the Super Bowl in three consecutive seasons. The next team to do that would be the 90's Buffalo Bills.

IV. Despite the fact that they were 15-0 going into the game, Griese's Dolphins were 2 point underdogs to the Redskins in Super Bowl VII.

V. Like Muncie and Dickerson, Griese wore prescription eyeglasses on the field. (Dickerson's glasses were more like goggles)

JyZkAki.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round IX

I. I played a role in what many consider to be one of the greatest TV commercials of all time. 

II. The team for which I played my entire career was the first to reach this Super Bowl milestone.

III. My team was also the first to achieve this Super Bowl milestone.

IV. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but my team was also the first team to do this twice in a Super Bowl

V. I am one of just two players to receive this honor from my team. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived