infrared41's Who am I? Super Bowl LI Edition.

infrared41

15 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Emmitt Thomas, mate. 

Kramerica gets in the game with Emmitt Thomas.

I. Chiefs (2).

II. Thomas is the Chiefs all time leader in interceptions with 58 which is also good for 9th on the NFL's all time list.

III. Some say that Kansas City's win over Minnesota in Super Bowl IV is what "legitimized" the AFL. (I happen to disagree. The AFL was legit well before then)

IV. Thomas was named interim head coach of the Falcons after Bobby Petrino famously resigned by leaving the team a note.

V. Thomas was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2008. 

VefFeNm.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round XV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of three Super Bowl appearances.

II. At the time, I was the youngest player to do this in a Super Bowl.  

III. I am a member of this team's 50th anniversary team. 

IV. This former ESPN NFL Prime Time personality "meant business" when he referred to me as this Mexican food staple.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

22 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

You are Natrone Means.

Put another one in sc49erfan15's column. Natrone Means is correct.

I. Chargers (1), Panthers (2).

II. At age 22 in Super Bowl XXIX, Means became the youngest player to score a TD in Super Bowl history.

III. He was named to the Chargers 50th anniversary team.

IV. Chris Berman called him "Natrone Means Business" and "Natrone Refried Means."

cF1zHxZ.jpg 

BB52Big.jpg

Round XVI

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 11 Super Bowl appearances.

II. In my rookie year, I finished second to this future hall of famer in this statistical category. 

III. I have the honor of being the player to catch the first of many Super Bowl TD passes from this all time great QB. 

IV. A picture of me celebrating that TD made the cover of this magazine. It was my second time on the cover that season. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Charlie Young?

EDIT: D'oh...guy below me got it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Earl Cooper.

Earl Cooper it is.

I. 49ers (6), Raiders (5)

II. In his rookie season, Cooper finished second in receptions to Kellen Winslow.

III. He was on the receiving end of Joe Montana's first Super Bowl TD pass.

IV. Cooper made the cover of the Super Bowl XVI issue of Sports Illustrated. He was also on the cover of the December 21, 1981 issue of SI. 

swxqaN0.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I'm going to be on at the right time one of these times!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Round XVII

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 9 Super Bowl appearances.

II. In my rookie year, I set a statistical record for undrafted players and I did it despite starting for only a little over half the season.

III. I also set a couple single season records and played for a championship in this now defunct league. 

IV. Odds are you've never heard of the Midwestern state university that I played for.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

54 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Dominic Rhodes.

Walter Sobchak finds the end zone again. Dominic Rhodes is correct. 

I. Colts (4), Raiders (5).

II. In his rookie season, Rhodes rushed for 1,104 yards and set the rookie record for undrafted players in just nine games as a starter.

III. He also set a couple single season records and played for the league championship with the UFL Florida Tuskers.

IV. A perfect example of why it's important to pay particular attention to how a clue is worded; Rhodes played college football for Midwestern State University. B)

NDcSQVK.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XVIII

I. The team for which I played my entire career has been to the Super Bowl 8 times.

II. A picture of me playing in the Super Bowl made the cover of Sports Illustrated - 8 months later. 

III. A TV commercial that I was well known for would be illegal today. 

IV. I was a real life version of what both my college and NFL teams were named after. Being a real life version is what ended my NFL career.

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mercy_King said:

Would it be Walt Garrison?

Mercy_King gets in the game with Walt Garrison.  

I. Cowboys (8).

II. Garrsion was on the cover of the 1972 Football Preview edition of Sports Illustrated - about 8 months after the Cowboys won Super Bowl VI.

III. He was a spokesman for Skoal smokeless tobacco back when tobacco commercials were still allowed on TV. 

IV. Along with playing for the Oklahoma State and Dallas Cowboys, Garrison was also a "real life" cowboy participating in the Professional Rodeo Circuit in the offseason. A knee injury he sustained in a Steer Wrestling exhibition ended his NFL career. 

7yNvQts.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XIV

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of 29 Super Bowl appearances. 

II. My record performance more or less ended this dynasty.

III. Speaking of ending NFL dynasties, I started my career at the tail end this one. 

IV. Despite playing at one point or another for teams that have won a combined total of 15 Super Bowls, the team for which I played the longest has never been to the Super Bowl.  

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

44 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Pretty sure you're Matt Bahr.

Pretty sure you're right. 

I. Steelers (8), Browns (0), 49ers (6), Giants (5), Eagles (2), Patriots (8)

II. In the 1990 NFC Championship Game against San Francisco, Bahr kicked a record five FGs and ended the 49ers shot at winning their 3rd consecutive Super Bowl.

III. Bahr began his career with the 1979 Steelers.

IV. He played 9 seasons with the Cleveland Browns.  

GMXKG2I.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round XX

I. The teams I played for have a combined total of three Super Bowl appearances. 

II. I played for the same team in two different leagues. 

III. I played for the same city in three different leagues. 

IV. I'm not related to this excitable TV personality and game show host, but we did work in the same city at the same time. 

Who am I? 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived