Oh, just remembered another thing.  St. Louis had a Federal League team for professional baseball called the Terriers, and maybe you can come up with something that might work reminiscent of the Terriers, for any or all of the aforementioned teams.  The Terriers existed and played in 1914 and/or 1915, for your information.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

Oh, just remembered another thing.  St. Louis had a Federal League team for professional baseball called the Terriers, and maybe you can come up with something that might work reminiscent of the Terriers, for any or all of the aforementioned teams.  The Terriers existed and played in 1914 and/or 1915, for your information.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Not every concept thread needs a St. Louis team based on 2o different St. Louis teams... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

No, of course not, but there are a number of teams he could draw from in the area, whether past or present ones, I'm sure, for his Blues concept, or even an Eagles concept.  The Terriers are/were from the general area of the time frame in question for his new theme related to this thread, so I was thinking he might want to consider that here, or not, if he so chooses, of course.

Personally, I didn't like the fact that the North Stars moved south to Dallas, either.  It's still quite strange to me to think of the Stars as now officially being from Dallas instead of Minnesota, as well, for I'm old enough to remember them being the North Stars in Minnesota.  Among other things I'm old enough to remember from the 1980's and 1990's, at least.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

On 2/20/2017 at 6:17 PM, Bruins said:

Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear such great feedback.

If you guessed from the teasers, the next theme of the series is how teams would have looked in the 1920's! I'll be taking teams with more recent inaugural years and making them look like they came into the NHL almost a century ago, like Calgary in the Heritage Classic and Washington in the Winter Classic a few years ago. I'll also be making new logos, although they'll be 20's era simple, and in most cases a new color scheme too. First up are the Anaheim Ducks, whose name's meaning becomes a lot more literal since their namesake movie was not to come out for another 70 or so years. I decided to use a mallard green and only that, besides white, and a silhouette of a duck flying with that special kind of vintage imperfection. Let me know what you think of the new theme and jerseys, along with any other teams you'd like to see get taken back in time! 

image.jpeg

Pretty interesting concept. I wonder which city the Ducks moved from to come to Anaheim in that universe.

I'd have to perhaps think Milwaukee, more or less, seeing as those colors seem to be reminiscent of Bucks colors, at least, if not actually them.  Or at least some place with a lot of lakes nearby?  Duluth, Minnesota, for instance?  Doubtful it's Duluth, however, because green and brown colors aren't typically seen for most area teams there, that I know of at the moment, not even the high schools around there.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

15 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Pretty interesting concept. I wonder which city the Ducks moved from to come to Anaheim in that universe.

Well, in my totally unrealistic universe, they're still from Anaheim. In real life? Probably somewhere marshy

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Can't wait to see what you do with the Blues and/or Eagles, if you include any or all of my suggestions pertaining to certain STL-area teams.  I'm hoping I'll be really pleased and surprised to see how the Lord leads you to create those looks for them, of course.  Thanks for your time and all, Bruins.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  That Predators look is very nice, I think.  What would another related team jersey look like for it, or for the Ducks, in this time frame, if they both had lighter-colored or other-colored jerseys for either or both teams?  Meaning that if one jersey per team was the home one, and one was the away, what might they look like, perhaps?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

13 hours ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

P.S.  That Predators look is very nice, I think.  What would another related team jersey look like for it, or for the Ducks, in this time frame, if they both had lighter-colored or other-colored jerseys for either or both teams?  Meaning that if one jersey per team was the home one, and one was the away, what might they look like, perhaps?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I did think about that, but they're really just intended to be fauxback one-offs, like the winter classic unis. Appreciate the question though

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Next up, @Turtle Pilgrim's Blues with 1920's St. Louis Cardinals influence! If I was going to do a fauxback Blues concept, I had to use the color scheme of their Winter Classic unis, so that's what I used with the only white on the logo, numbers, and NOB. The logo and striping are the nods to the Cards, the striping being a kind of bridge between their Winter Classic striping and the Cardinals sock stripes in the 1920's. Let me know what you think of this look for the Blues, and what teams you'd like to see next! Thanks!

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

The T should perhaps be interlocked with the S and L in a similar way to how the Cardinals have it on their caps and sometimes their jerseys.  Other than that, perhaps the bottom half of the uniforms should not necessarily be brown, but blue with yellow and/or red piping down the sides?  Other than that, the look seems to work rather well for them.  Perhaps the Nashville Predators could use something other than brown as well for uniform bottoms as well.  Just a few thoughts here.  Keep up the good work.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

The Sharks are the next team up! For some reason I felt the Sharks needed an offbeat look for their 1920's uniforms so the jersey has an almost equal amount of teal and dark teal (if that's a real color), San Jose on the chest and a shark tooth mark on the bottom. The numbers play with the few white accents on the jersey and cross onto both colors on both the back and shoulders. What do you think of this abstract look for San Jose?image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Next up is @cubsfan2015's Devils suggestion! I knew I wanted to do the Devils with this theme as soon as I started it, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. For the chest emblem, I did a vintage devil drawing with a head remeniscent of the one on their "Devils Den" logo, used the red and green color scheme, which I thought felt more fitting, and thin, full arm striping. As always, feedback appreciated! Thanks!

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived