Laval Rocket

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bowld said:

Why are they called the Laval Rocket...why not Rockets?

It's a name that has been used before in the QMJHL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Rocket

The name is in reference to Maurice Richard, not an actual rocket. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

logo-rocket.png

LOVE it!  

In an era where funky, "pack-everything-including-the-kitchen-sink" logos are the style du jour, the Habs decided to do with their affiliate what they do best...a simple, elegant, and classy brand which (aside from some minor tweaks) will last for years to come.

bYhYmxh.png

If they had put the 9rocket logo on a shoulder and the Canadiens logo on the other would look better than having those extra graphics on the sleeve.

A plus to me is they are making their own identity than using Montreal's uniforms but you still see the relationship with the parent club.

Iffy on the number font.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

That is just plain bad.  They should have figured a way to incorporate the 9 within the shield or not have it at all.  The team is already named after Richard so I don't think it is necessary to have the 9 anywhere on the jersey at all.

I don't like the '9' with fire on the arm. It makes it look like every player's number is 9.

I also don't like the placement of the fire in general. The arms, without the nine, would be fine, but on the socks and back of the jersey just look bad.

Otherwise, it's a good identity.

11 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

mI don't like the '9' with fire on the arm. It makes it look like every player's number is 9.

I also don't like the placement of the fire in general. The arms, without the nine, would be fine, but on the socks and back of the jersey just look bad.

Otherwise, it's a good identity.

*thick Quebecois accent* Well of course they all want to be number 9. It was always five Maurice Richards against five other Maurice Richards!

TheHockeySweater01_(1)_852x480_2611298347.jpg

I quite like them. Simple, classy logo that's easily recognizable and a kid could draw it on a notebook, super simple sweaters that look like some kind of Montreal fauxback...but are actually something new, and the little rocket flames are...kitchy? Idk, I think if they were some throwback to a real team from the 1950s, we'd lose our minds with how great it is. It's a minor little thing that is interesting.

The shield logo is the only truly bad part of this...I think the 9 on the sleeves should have tried to reflect the Habs' font that Richard wore. 

All in all, I like them, but they'll probably be gone as quickly as the Montreal Rocket.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Here's the backside of the sweaters from the Habs SBNation Blog...

img__qdd514_720.jpg

Hey, look! Full stripes around the body. Take note, Florida Panthers!

(TBH Florida's are all right, but full-body stripes would improve their look considerably.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

4 hours ago, MBurmy said:

logo-rocket.png

LOVE it!  

In an era where funky, "pack-everything-including-the-kitchen-sink" logos are the style du jour, the Habs decided to do with their affiliate what they do best...a simple, elegant, and classy brand which (aside from some minor tweaks) will last for years to come.

Careful now! This is the AHL we're talking about here...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

7 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:
7 hours ago, bowld said:

Why are they called the Laval Rocket...why not Rockets?

It's a name that has been used before in the QMJHL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Rocket

The name is in reference to Maurice Richard, not an actual rocket

Just like the Cleveland Brown.

Oh, wait...

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived