Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True but when it's a confirmed brand overhaul for a particular team we've given it their own thread. 

I'm excited to see what the new uniforms look like. I didn't hate the current ones but the stripes just never really did it for me. Looked forced for some reason. Hopefully the number font will go back to something more traditional. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

3 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Kudos to the Lions for progressively updating their logo ever so slightly throughout their history to finally get to, what I believe, is their best logo.

On the flip side, it's a shame that NFL wordmarks are becoming more and more generic.

Yeah.  But I'll take this trade in a heartbeat.  The Lions are going to look great on the field.  Maybe in a few year's they'll change the wordmark.  Either way, I could not be happier about the blue and silver.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

39 minutes ago, bowld said:

Didn't realize the shade of Blue was changing as well as them dropping Black.. Old Blue on left, new Blue on right--

blues-1.png

Yeah, but is that them refining the shade they use for reproduction, or are they changing the actual color of the jerseys?  Lucas doesn't say.  

That blue on the left looks a lot darker than Honolulu Blue.

Best uniform in team history IMO. NO black, TV numbers on the shoulders, blue face masks, and white shoes.  Here's to hoping the new uniforms look similar.

IMG_4481.JPG

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I agree.  I love the traditional helmet stripes and hope they don't stick with the thinner ones.  I'd anticipate a gray facemask, but the blue looks so good.

Get close to this and they're gold.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i have to start with what im going to get into is all speculation on my part and i have no inside knowledge on what the team is actually doing. i believe we'll see a new home, road, alt (throwback), and color rush uniform on the unveil. 

helmet:

i think we're going to see a blue facemask, and a new stripe design (maybe no stripe). i don't expect a return of the Braisher stripe, or a gray mask because of the similarities that has to the Cowboys helmet. im most excited to see how they handle that aspect and seperate Detroit from Dallas. it will be harder without black. They also need to keep the Rams, Chargers, and Colts in mind.

jerseys:

safe bet we'll get new blue and white, but what's the Alt? very hard to say, but im going with the 1930s throwback (blank helmet and silver numbers). the reason i say this is because if it's a throwback, it needs to be one that is different enough from the new primary uniform to be worth doing. i believe the new uniforms will lean towards the Barry Sanders era uniforms, so it wouldnt make sense to have a throwback thats only slightly different from that one. 

i think the new wordmark is an indication of a numbers/font. the new word mark isn't really much of a logo; to me it looks like they created a font, then typed out the team name. i think we'll see that on a lot of marketing pieces, and i think the numbers will be set in this new font as well. Nike loves crazy numbers too. 

pants/socks:

surely the socks will be plain, solid tops. i think we'll see gray and blue pants. im thinking of how they're going to do something new with the uniform, and besides the numbers, this is a good way to introduce something fresh. it would also allow the team to stand out against all those previously mentioned teams; Honolulu blue pants won't be confused for anyone else.

color rush:

if the primary and throwback alt are blue, there's no way they do another blue jersey for color rush. they just brought back the black jersey this year knowing they were dumping it in 2017. i think the CR uniform will be silver. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They almost nailed it.  I'd have made one little tweak...getting rid of the lines in his mane...

New Lions Logo.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i have to start with what im going to get into is all speculation on my part and i have no inside knowledge on what the team is actually doing. i believe we'll see a new home, road, alt (throwback), and color rush uniform on the unveil. 

helmet:

i think we're going to see a blue facemask, and a new stripe design (maybe no stripe). i don't expect a return of the Braisher stripe, or a gray mask because of the similarities that has to the Cowboys helmet. im most excited to see how they handle that aspect and seperate Detroit from Dallas. it will be harder without black. They also need to keep the Rams, Chargers, and Colts in mind.

My guess:  Blue-white-silver-white-Blue helmet stripes.  A little thicker than the 2016 set.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

Best uniform in team history IMO. NO black, TV numbers on the shoulders, blue face masks, and white shoes.  MHere's to hoping the new uniforms look similar  

IMG_4481.JPG

One of the fresh looks then millen screwed it up by putting his raiders inspiration in it... I don't mind the black shoes....but the white with those were nice 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived