Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, Sleeper66 said:

From the Lions' website:

DL.PNG

Really hoping these visuals are in reference to the Ford Field renovations, and not hints about uni "themes."

If they are a slight indication....

Please note not one, but 2 tones of gray.

Removal of black = addition of a matte dark gray/graphite with a lighter gray, blue, and white as well? 

The Lions would start looking like a knockoff of the Philadelphia Soul.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

5 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

If they are a slight indication....

Please note not one, but 2 tones of gray.

Removal of black = addition of a matte dark gray/graphite with a lighter gray, blue, and white as well? 

The Lions would start looking like a knockoff of the Philadelphia Soul.

Not very likely. Colorwerx has already posted the updates to the Lions' color sheets, which reflect a commitment to simply honolulu blue and silver.

2016:

image.png

2017:

image.png

Im not too sure but I believe that if they were going to use chrome that it would be listed here too, as it is in the Bucs sheet.

There's a faction of this community that always gets a chubby at the idea of darker Gray, or double Gray, or charcoal Gray... so much so that some will defend that horrific "blackjays" uniform because of that dull Gray cap. I don't get it.

And the lions, with the Honolulu blue, would be an especially poor candidate, IMO.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

There's a faction of this community that always gets a chubby at the idea of darker Gray, or double Gray, or charcoal Gray... so much so that some will defend that horrific "blackjays" uniform because of that dull Gray cap. I don't get it.

And the lions, with the Honolulu blue, would be an especially poor candidate, IMO.

I like the use of darker / charcoal gray in some cases, but I'll never defend the graphite Jays.

I definitely think it can be used in some MLB road uniforms (though most of the ones I saw in the WBC photos really sucked) and there's been plenty of NCAA uniforms that look really good using it (even though it's not appropriate for those particular schools.)

I don't think it'd work for the Lions, who I imagine more as a sleek team with lighter silver (like the old chrome bumpers / door handles of cars) and blue, but it's great in many cases.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, Sleeper66 said:

Looks like chrome facemasks (and not thrilled about the wordmark on the shoulder):

C8F-bYKX0AAl1pl.jpg

After seeing Cleveland, Tampa, Jacksonville, why does this surprise me? It's weird, but it does.  I really thought the Lions would go more conservative... slight update on the Barry Sander uniform.  But now, seeing this, I think "of course... I was kidding myself."  Of course there's a chrome mask... of course there's a sleeve wordmark.  Of course.  What kind of nonsense do you think they've pulled out for the pants?

Damn it.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

After seeing Cleveland, Tampa, Jacksonville, why does this surprise me? It's weird, but it does.  I really thought the Lions would go more conservative... slight update on the Barry Sander uniform.  But now, seeing this, I think "of course... I was kidding myself."  Of course there's a chrome mask... of course there's a sleeve wordmark.  Of course.  What kind of nonsense do you think they've pulled out for the pants?

Damn it.

Life is just so full of disappointment. 

I'm now ready to accept that the Rams of 2019 will wear metallic gold and white as their primary colors, with chrome gold helmets. 

8 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

Looks like chrome facemasks (and not thrilled about the wordmark on the shoulder):

C8F-bYKX0AAl1pl.jpg

Also looks like an irregular helmet stripe. Blast.

Looks like fairly tame primaries with a single color northwestern stripe theme.. Blue throwbacks for the alt, and all grey with blue sleeve caps and sleeve wordmark for color rush

Bad start.  The "Lions" on the shoulder is very reminiscent of the Bucs.  Was hoping for a blue mask...gray is also suitable.

Very disappointed in the helmet stripe.  I wanted that to look exactly like it did in Barry's era.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Damn it.

The lack of taste in the NFL runs rampant. Wouldn't be surprised if the pants sported Lion tails... real tails attached to the asses of the pants.

11 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Looks like fairly tame primaries with a single color northwestern stripe theme.. Blue throwbacks for the alt, and all grey with blue sleeve caps and sleeve wordmark for color rush

Maybe... I hope you're right about the sleeve wordmark only appearing on the gray alt, but I don't think so.  Looking close at the sleeve of the blue (non-throwback) primary I think you can see a wordmark inside of that stripe, too. I think it's a blue jersey with gray northwestern stripe, with a blue (trimmed in white) wordmark embedded, and a gray jersey with blue NW stripe, with a white (probably trimmed in gray) wordmark embedded. Numbers appear to be white w/ gray trim on blue, and white w/ blue trim on gray. 

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe... I hope you're right about the sleeve wordmark only appearing on the gray alt, but I don't think so.  Looking close at the sleeve of the blue (non-throwback) primary I think you can see a wordmark inside of that stripe, too. I think it's a blue jersey with gray northwestern stripe, with a blue (trimmed in white) wordmark embedded, and a gray jersey with blue NW stripe, with a white (probably trimmed in gray) wordmark embedded. Numbers appear to be white w/ gray trim on blue, and white w/ blue trim on gray. 

Unfortunately, you might be right.. Upon closer inspection, the grey alt might not have sleeve caps at all.. It almost looks like it could be blue NW stripes with the white wordmark embedded.. 

Archived