Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So I'm no photoshop guy, but did they essentially adjust the brightness or contrast or saturation until they got the black effect that they wanted, but then instead of making a copy of that so that it was only ever black, they posted the original which could be reversed engineered to get the full-color picture?

I think it's more that a picture so darkened can be lightened to reveal much of the original detail. 

What they should probably have done was darken the image until they were happy with the obscured picture, and then lay flat black areas over that.  Then we could tweak it but only reveal the large patch of black. 

You see this sometimes with redacted documents - you can lighten black marker lines to reveal the text beneath that was supposed to be blacked out. 

Honestly, it surprises me to see all of the hate that these are getting. Based on what can be seen, it looks like a really solid modern twist on a traditionally-styled uniform. Sometimes it seems like a lot of you guys are really stubborn traditionalists. Design is totally subjective of course, but how exactly does the entire set become a "failure" simply because the wordmark is placed in the sleeve stripe? 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, henburg said:

Honestly, it surprises me to see all of the hate that these are getting. Based on what can be seen, it looks like a really solid modern twist on a traditionally-styled uniform. Sometimes it seems like a lot of you guys are really stubborn traditionalists. Design is totally subjective of course, but how exactly does the entire set become a "failure" simply because the wordmark is placed in the sleeve stripe? 

Because sometimes the littlest things bother the hell out of us.

39 minutes ago, henburg said:

This board has a long history of overreacting when a new uniform is debuted, in either direction. It's a CCSLC staple.

And until we can see the full design, it's rather silly to declare this uniform to be "garbage" or "amazing" when we don't truly know what this uniform set actually looks like.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I've got qualms about a lot of what I'm seeing, and assuming the worst about everything that isn't visible. However, for me nothing so far negates the benefit of dropping black.

I don't see this as a Jax/TB level clusterfudge... yet.

CCSLC Uniform Grading Scale

A+ = 100% return to old uniforms with the old logo as well

A = Newer team decides "hey we're from the 60s too!" with both logo and uniforms

B = Traditional uniforms with a slightly modern logo

F = A completely traditional uniform with one modern element (gasp!)

F- = Completely modern uniform and logos

On this scale, the Lions get an F, because they have a couple modern elements (Lions on sleeve, new logo).

In my grading scale, I give it a A-. I'm a big fan, and actually not completely turned off by "Lions" on the sleeve (although it would be better without, I admit)

ExJworW.png

34 minutes ago, elevenstraight said:

I bet the nike-speak for the shoulder strip wordmark will be something along the lines of "we incorporated both detroits automotive industry and the Ford families automotive company into the sleeve design by making it look like racing stripes...."

_20170330_113744.JPG

If they had done this but with the players' number, I'd dig it. Thw Lions wordmark there is a miss I think.

13 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

CCSLC Uniform Grading Scale

A+ = 100% return to old uniforms with the old logo as well

A = Newer team decides "hey we're from the 60s too!" with both logo and uniforms

B = Traditional uniforms with a slightly modern logo

F = A completely traditional uniform with one modern element (gasp!)

F- = Completely modern uniform and logos

On this scale, the Lions get an F, because they have a couple modern elements (Lions on sleeve, new logo).

You really haven't been paying attention then.

While it's not an amazing uniform by any stretch of the means it's not necessarily a bad idea one either, the word mark on the sleeve isn't on the same level of ugly as the Bucs alarm clock numbers and the Jags half black, half gold helmet.

A sleeve wordmark is stupid, and I don't need to see the whole uniform to know that.   It's stupid on the Bucs, and I can't believe someone else went with it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived