Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don't think anyone has called them chrome since the reveal. Prior it was thought that it was anpossibility because they looked shinier than normal in that one picture that had to be really enhanced to see. Everyone knows it's silver and they even say it on the website.

All I was saying is that I have read probably a hundred posts over the last few years from various people trying to claim that this facemask finish is considered chrome. I wasn't specifically saying anyone claimed that about Detroit's facemask. I was just addressing it based off of what I have historically seen confused with frustratingly increasing frequency.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Actually, I LOVE the WCF on the sleeves. He was obviously a huge part of the Lions, and the way the incorporated the look of the old logo is great. After seeing these closer, I like em. not a fan of the blue pants AT ALL, and I kinda wish there was more white in the striping patterns, but overall? Not too shabby. 

He was a huge part of the Lions :censored:tiness. Embarrassing that they think he's on par with GSH.

This set looks really great to me, even better than what I was expecting from the leaks. The helmet looks really nice. Granted, I am a bit of a sucker for metallic facemasks but I think it fits the Lions well. The jerseys are good but somewhat plain, which is why I like the Lions script in the sleeve stripe as added flair. The font looks fantastic- its modern, clean and fits the look well. The pants stripe remaining clean and traditional was a great choice. My only criticism would be that it should say Lions on both sleeves, the WCF breaks up the stripe and clutters things too much. 

spacer.png

Oh God... They kept it on there. No offense Lions fans, but get over it. Yes, it's sad your owner died, but c'mon. It's been 3 years. These permanent patches/decals(looking at you Chiefs and Raiders) need to end. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

15 hours ago, Fuhrms said:

He was a huge part of the Lions :censored:tiness. Embarrassing that they think he's on par with GSH.

Yeah - he owned the Lions for a long time, during which they became synonymous with ineptitude. 

He didnt found the team, nor was he in charge during their one four world championships.  "Embarrassing" is exactly the right word. 

7 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Oh God... They kept it on there. No offense Lions fans, but get over it. Yes, it's sad your owner died, but c'mon. It's been 3 years. These permanent patches/decals(looking at you Chiefs and Raiders) need to end. 

At least the Chiefs and Raiders patches are for men who founded their teams and were winning owners with massive impacts on the sport. That's not WCF.

9 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

What patch do the raiders have?

IMG_3509.JPG

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

What patch do the raiders have?

IMG_3509.JPG

It's a decal on the back of the helmets, not a patch.

IMG_3486.JPG.dfb55c5ef1b0822969e5c1c1c191ff76.JPG

And I see no problem with it whatsoever as a Raiders fan. It's about as inoffensive as it gets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

It's a decal on the back of the helmets, not a patch.

IMG_3486.JPG.dfb55c5ef1b0822969e5c1c1c191ff76.JPG

Ok I find that very unobtrusive, it's on the back of the helmet so it's not something you are likely to notice unless you are actively looking for it. You also wouldn't be able to even see it on TV over 90% of the broadcasts

25 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

All I was saying is that I have read probably a hundred posts over the last few years from various people trying to claim that this facemask finish is considered chrome. I wasn't specifically saying anyone claimed that about Detroit's facemask. I was just addressing it based off of what I have historically seen confused with frustratingly increasing frequency.

The issue stems from the fact that the Bucs actually market their facemasks officially as "chrome", and have since the reveal.. So, it's mostly people believing what they're told, rather than just being wrong for no reason..

Numbers are....not great.  They're numbers that look great on skinny guys but stupid on fat or large players.  Should've kept the old numerals or gone to a variation of block.

Blue pants are garbage.  

That's about all I'm upset about.  Otherwise it's an upgrade.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived