Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see that as a problem.   If the blue needs a little separation from the silver, white can do that.  But the white itself doesn't also need separation from the silver.  A second outline is just needless clutter.

I think this is the best option of them all:

Lions_IdealHelmet.jpg

They never needed an extra outline before, and they certainly don't need one now.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I don't see that as a problem.   If the blue needs a little separation from the silver, white can do that.  But the white itself doesn't also need separation from the silver.  A second outline is just needless clutter.

Lions_IdealHelmet.jpg

They never needed an extra outline before, and they certainly don't need one now.

You may have a point there.

d505a42d22db5deede9b0cc8be11ca73.jpg

Def not as bad as I thought although I feel like the silver on the new helmets isnt as dark as it was in the Barry era..

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Lions_IdealHelmet.jpg

This is definitely the best option.  This way, it's not a problem that the logo doesn't match the stripe, because there isn't that direct visual comparison. Currently, when you see the stripe (blue element, outlined with silver, outlined with another blue element) and the logo (blue element, outlined with white, outlined with another blue element) it's hard not to question why they're treated different.  But with the above treatment, the stripes and the logo are presented so differently, there wouldn't be that instant visual disconnection.  

Plus, it's just a significantly better looking logo without the extra clutter.

On 5/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, CreamSoda said:

Compared to with this, the white really helps the details pop and adds to the shape of the lion overall:

RdaLZJ6.png

If the white outline were clear, it would actually look slightly different than the helmet shell silver with the clear glossy vinyl material over it.. It might actually look pretty good and also be consistent with the stripe..

On 5/3/2017 at 6:44 AM, Gothamite said:

Lions_IdealHelmet.jpg

That's perfect. Extra blue outline only clutters/muddies.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Gothamite said:

Everything except the logo - I still like the new Bubbles. 

I'm fine either way. The new logo is good, but I thought the old one was perfectly effective as just a silhouette, like the Texas Longhorns logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

13 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Anyone seen the new sideline hats? Those are still full price everywhere but can't really stick around with the black outline. I hope they keep the grey crowns and blue brims...

Screenshot_2017-05-09-20-43-22.png

I dont think thats the new sideline cap. That cap is a lids.com exclusive, doesn't say  anything about new for this year or sideline cap. The only hats i've seen released are the draft hats. 

Could explain the black outline. Although the same cap, with the new Honolulu blue and blue outline would be pretty nice. 

2 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:
13 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Anyone seen the new sideline hats? Those are still full price everywhere but can't really stick around with the black outline. I hope they keep the grey crowns and blue brims...

Screenshot_2017-05-09-20-43-22.png

I dont think thats the new sideline cap. That cap is a lids.com exclusive, doesn't say  anything about new for this year or sideline cap. The only hats i've seen released are the draft hats. 

Could explain the black outline. Although the same cap, with the new Honolulu blue and blue outline would be pretty nice. 

Or better yet, without the blue outline.  Put the primary logo on the cap, not the helmet logo.

Archived