Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

From the Lions' website:

DL.PNG

Really hoping these visuals are in reference to the Ford Field renovations, and not hints about uni "themes."

That's a pretty interesting. I think you're right about the ford field thing. I can't see the way this could translate to a uniform

Lionshelmet.png

6 hours ago, Sleeper66 said:

From the Lions' website:

DL.PNG

Hmm.. This flows kinda nicely with the logo. (If this is the real deal) A definite improvement from their previous wordmark, that's for sure.

6uXNWAo.png

11 hours ago, detam said:

That's a pretty interesting. I think you're right about the ford field thing. I can't see the way this could translate to a uniform

looks like the stadium structure to me too. would make sense for them to pull visuals from the stadium to use in marketing material for the upcoming season. (goes back to that whole concept and inspiration thing). the Dolphins did the same for 2016 season, too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

looks like the stadium structure to me too. would make sense for them to pull visuals from the stadium to use in marketing material for the upcoming season. (goes back to that whole concept and inspiration thing). the Dolphins did the same for 2016 season, too.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what this particular visual is about, and won't have anything to do with the uniforms.  The Lions are rolling out some supposedly major stadium updates and are giving a hard  push to the idea that that these changes are big. They just raised ticket prices on their understandably grumpy fan base, and all this marketing noise is probably tied to that.

i like a lot of what is going on in that concept... but the silver/white/blue stripe on the silver pants and silver helmet just doesn't do it for me. the silver and white are too similar in tone, the silver-on-silver gets lost, and you end up having what appears to be a single off-center blue stripe from a distance.

i understand the desire for a houston oilers level of stripe consistency, but i think i'd explore the idea of inverting the stripe when on a silver background... so it would go white/silver/blue on a silver background, but silver/white/blue on a white background... and white/blue/silver on a blue background. just to keep the background color and the middle color in tune, as to avoid the off-center look i get from these pics.

other than that, it's amazing as always, sir.

9 hours ago, schultzcore said:

This concept is interesting. Especially the Silver / White / Blue combo.

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

naw, that's garbage

This concept is awesome Brandon. The full player models look great, is that your own template?

Not feeling the pants stripe in that concept.  

Could double-gray work?  Light/silverish gray along with darker charcoalish gray to go along with blue and white?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived