Hello,

A couple of days I was thinking about the "Color Rush" unis that the NFL teams use. I wondered how major NCAA teams would look with these flashy sets. I did a quick search, and found BKKnight95's old thread about NCAA Color Rush unis. If you would like to see his, Click Here. Anyways, I decided to give a crack at it, and came up with a pretty nice set for Georgia.

Here it is.

List:

Georgia (Edited)

Georgia Tech (Edited)

ColorRush01Georgia.jpg

Kirby Smart.

You're concepts aren't so much a design, as it simply is placing a team logo on a team colored template. Go check out bkknight's thread again - there's actually design on the uniforms. Georgia wouldn't wear a plain red uniform without the normal stripes on the pants and contrasting trim on the tops. Georgia Tech, while plain as they can be, still has design on their uniforms. Your only design aspect on both uniforms is a rather arbitrary pants stripe.

Add the schools current designs, or create some new design for each school, and you've got a good concept going. But for now, it's simply just a paint-by-numbers with a different logo on the helmet.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The helmets don't have to change, either.  Most of the NFL Color Rush unis had contrasting helmets.  Only the jerseys and pants and socks were one color. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

You're concepts aren't so much a design, as it simply is placing a team logo on a team colored template. Go check out bkknight's thread again - there's actually design on the uniforms. Georgia wouldn't wear a plain red uniform without the normal stripes on the pants and contrasting trim on the tops. Georgia Tech, while plain as they can be, still has design on their uniforms. Your only design aspect on both uniforms is a rather arbitrary pants stripe.

Add the schools current designs, or create some new design for each school, and you've got a good concept going. But for now, it's simply just a paint-by-numbers with a different logo on the helmet.

It was a little tricky mimicking GT's jersey stripes, but I did my best. Also fixed the pant stripe.

Georgia Tech

ColorRush02GeorgiaTech.jpg

Kirby Smart.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The helmets don't have to change, either.  Most of the NFL Color Rush unis had contrasting helmets.  Only the jerseys and pants and socks were one color. 

I'm pretty sure that the NFL has a one helmet rule, could be wrong tho. The NCAA doesn't have that rule, so I just assumed that if there was a CR then the teams would use different helmets.

Kirby Smart.

Just now, HJArtwork said:

I'm pretty sure that the NFL has a one helmet rule, could be wrong tho. The NCAA doesn't have that rule, so I just assumed that if there was a CR then the teams would use different helmets.

True, but the contrasting helmets seemed to help.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

Don't lnow if you caught it, on your GT update, you have an SEC patch.

Dang it. Only a minor mistake.

5 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

Bulldogs need white collars, the end of the sleeves and maybe a white belt too. You need something to break up the block of red

I'll work on that in my future sets.

Kirby Smart.

A lot of the NFL teams still keep their regular striping on their jerseys for their Color Rush uniforms. Might I suggest doing the same here for your jerseys so they are not just a monochromatic jersey with a number slapped on it with a logo slapped on the helmet. Even the one minor stripe you added to the LSU jersey greatly increases the level of detail, IMO.

XcryMwi.png

Archived