Business Concept

IPDESIGNS

51 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

This looks like it was made by a five year old, spend some time on it, use other logos for reference, and you will have a nice logo

Sorry but man you give terrible feedback considering you couldn't accept the fact that someone criticized your XFL logo. 

a2BRS8U.png

You're putting too many elements into too small of a space, and it is resulting in large swaths of unused space and a visual hierarchy that's all out of whack.

Start with the most important thing in the logo. In this case, that would be the name of the company, "Mark's Cars." This should be the largest, most dominant element of the logo. This is what you want people to remember. 

Then you can move into other graphic elements. The old car looks cool, but right now it's a big block of black that dominates everything else. I'd tone it down a bit; either use a car silhouette that isn't as big and blocky, or go with an outline.

Think about what graphic elements you actually need. The crossed screwdrivers don't add a lot to it, for me, and they contribute to awkward unused spaces. As well, the "1975" text is a bit superfluous. The date established might be a bit more important in a mechanic's logo than in others, because you want to convey experience and trustworthiness, but there might be better ways to incorporate it.

Don't constrain yourself to a circle, either. Start with the name and the car and make those look good first. Then, if you feel like it needs a circle around it, try it then. But maybe not everything is inside the circle; maybe some elements extrude beyond the edges. Just don't limit your creativity right off the top by saying that everything needs to fit within a circle.

The black and grey colour scheme is pretty drab, too. Now, if that's what the client says he/she wants, then that's the general direction you should go. But don't be afraid to go outside the box. 

On 2/5/2017 at 6:14 PM, H11K said:

Sorry but man you give terrible feedback considering you couldn't accept the fact that someone criticized your XFL logo. 

What are you talking about, I took that advice and I am currently working on improving my series, and maybe I was a bit harsh with my advice, but I want it to be honest so that the creator improves

AwvgSX4.png

25 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

What are you talking about, I took that advice and I am currently working on improving my series, and maybe I was a bit harsh with my advice, but I want it to be honest so that the creator improves

Disregard this.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived