Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KDubK414

WWE February PPVs: Elimination Chamber and Fastlane

664 posts in this topic

Well, while he may be an apparent scumbag, he's still my favorite non-Graves commentator in the company.

There's got to be more to it than just that last part. From the 2 comments (pic and ha ha comment), it seems like him and the chick were having a friendly conversation prior to that interaction. 

Unprofessional, yes. But possibly out of context? I can see it like that.

Honestly, he'll get humiliated on TV (probably a backhand comment from JBL) and that'll be it.

1 person likes this

Here are a few other names rumored to make their WWE return around Wrestlemania time, per Dave Meltzer.

There's a spoiler tag for a reason. You've been warned...

Ohno wears knee pads under his street clothes,,,,,. What a goof :rolleyes:

On 02/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, Brass said:

Welcome to today's episode of "People You Would Have Never Expected To Be Photographed Together."

MKdHDrG.jpg

This pic is why I think those two guys fail as a WWE tag team.

Karl Anderson ain't that big and is barely 6' tall.

He seemed to be larger than the typical  NJPW guys the previous two years on AXStv,  but hit the WWE and closer camera angles, he's tiny in this world.

Sheamus and Cesaro tower over Karl, and only Enzo is shorter.  New Day is about Karl's height.

Heck, nearly all other tag teams with height are on SmackDown.

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Here are a few other names rumored to make their WWE return around Wrestlemania time, per Dave Meltzer.

There's a spoiler tag for a reason. You've been warned...

Spoiler

I hope not. I don't see how WWE doesn't :censored: it up with them. They've got a good thing going right now.

That being said, if they want to take the bigger paycheck WWE can give them, then more power to them.

7 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

Ohno wears knee pads under his street clothes,,,,,. What a goof :rolleyes:

Always bring your gear, brother.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He seemed to be larger than the typical  NJPW guys the previous two years on AXStv,  but hit the WWE and closer camera angles, he's tiny in this world.

Sheamus and Cesaro tower over Karl, and only Enzo is shorter.  New Day is about Karl's height.

Going to have to disagree with you (regarding them failing, not your points about KA's size.)  We're in an era where size matters less than ever before, and while he's short, you can tell he has some muscle mass and Gallows is a good supplement (like how Cass supplements Enzo's "short" comings.)  I've been impressed by them, and hope they have a long run with the titles.  I just think that they need to be in a stable with a leader rather than be "just another tag team".

I do think that KA needs to go back to short trunks rather than long tights.  Long tights tend to make you look smaller than you really are IMO, kind of like the leotard effect in NFL.

Now if KA was to become a singles competitor, then I may agree more with your points.

I'm probably wrong but I assumed the reason Gallows & Anderson were in limbo since Summerslam until they won the tag titles at Royal Rumble was because of Balor's injury. With them having that fun backstage segment with Gallows, Anderson, Styles, and Balor at Summerslam, it just seemed that was the route they were going. Obviously Balor's injury put a hold to any of those plans.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, dfwabel said:

LOL wut? A picture of Karl Anderson, Vince Vaughn, Mario Lopez, and Luke Gallows if the reason you think this team is failing as a WWE tag team?

Not the fact that they were originally brought in to be the guns of A.J. Styles and then inexplicably broken apart during the draft.

Not the fact that they have about 40 title shots against The New Day and couldn't win one of them.

Not the fact that they are being booked to be decimated by Roman Reigns in handicap matches.

Not the fact they are really are fantastic wrestlers and Luke Gallows has never been properly booked; he's the funniest man in wrestling history.

But rather, a picture of Karl Anderson, Vince Vaughn, Mario Lopez, and Luke Gallows together backstage. WUT.

2 people like this

Gallows and Anderson aren't over because WWE has given them one of the worst kinda-sorta-pushes ever. WWE has made them look weak at every turn and not let them show any personality since the stupid "Big E's Ballsack" angle. But they showed a lot of charisma during the "Beat Up John Cena" thing with AJ Styles, have a good "tough guys" look and can go in the ring. I don't think they should be undefeated and destroying everybody, but WWE has left money on the table with them.

Evolution 2.0

Starring:

Triple H as Ric Flair

Kevin Owens as Triple H

Samoa Joe as Batista

Finn Balor as Randy Orton

6 minutes ago, Wings said:

Evolution 2.0

Starring:

Triple H as Ric Flair

Kevin Owens as Triple H

Samoa Joe as Batista

I don't get why you would through Finn in there, I could see basically anyone else but Finn 

4 hours ago, dont care said:

I don't get why you would through Finn in there, I could see basically anyone else but Finn 

I can see Finn being HHH's heir apparent. The man already founded and led one of the top heel wrestling stables in the world today... i can see it as a swerve at Mania that Balor makes a turn.

Crossing over from another wrestling thread so as not to bump it:

While I've never seen The Natural, my guess is The Rock is the closest thing pro wrestling has had to Roy Hobbs. He was a supernova in professional wrestling, and has been even greater in entertainment. Kind of like Schwarzenegger in bodybuilding.

So how's this?

Tier 1 - Pop culture icons

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Rock, Andre the Giant

Tier 2 - Pro wrestling icons, knocking on the door of mainstream media

John Cena, Steve Austin

Flip Flair and Austin: Flair is a wrestling icon, Austin is a pop-culture icon. Flair never hit the figure-four leglock on the leader of the free world.

2 people like this

They need to let Gallows and Anderson use their real personalities. Those guys are hilarious. 

On 2/25/2017 at 1:46 PM, Wings said:

Evolution 2.0

Starring:

Triple H as Ric Flair

Kevin Owens as Triple H

Samoa Joe as Batista

I'd swap Finn Balor out with Charlotte. She even talks robotic like Vintage Orton.

3 people like this

can we just be done with "corporate" factions?  I'm kind of tired seeing guys wear suits just because.  It worked well in the attitude era, but now that it's been done (several times!) it's boring.  

3 people like this

Yes! No more suits and no more GMs. Not for five years.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Yes! No more suits and no more GMs. Not for five years.

Bring back the days of the rarely seen authority figure a la Jack Tunney.

4 people like this