Sign in to follow this  
KDubK414

WWE February PPVs: Elimination Chamber and Fastlane

andycumbee19    401

If WWE is booking Lesnar to beat Goldberg at WM,  will Lesnar have to actually work more than 3 minutes to beat him?  Will it be viewed as "Lesnar had to use the kitchen sink to finally get the better of Goldberg"?

Or will it be another squash?  

These are important questions. 

DDR    1,000
21 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

If WWE is booking Lesnar to beat Goldberg at WM,  will Lesnar have to actually work more than 3 minutes to beat him?  Will it be viewed as "Lesnar had to use the kitchen sink to finally get the better of Goldberg"?

Or will it be another squash?  

These are important questions. 

FFS, a World Championship Match at WrestleMania should be more than a 3 minute match and never an f'n squash. Just ask Daniel Bryan about that. I think if they can't go 8 minutes, it's pathetic. And 8 minutes is not that long. I'm being very generous. 

DG_Now    3,995

At least when Rocky was champion in 2013, he gave a :censored: and worked matches. This whole Goldberg deal is a transparent joke.

Wings    261

This whole ppv seemed to be about Stephanie stuck on a plane and being late for the show. :blink:

Cujo    2,468

The WWE drags Goldberg out of a 15-year retirement to be this untouchable, geriatric superhero -- 100x better than the guy who started 170-0 in WCW, or whatever the fxck it was before Nash and Hogan dick-scripted him.

Sad for all the viewers who drop hundred$ to eat this garbage up. All I'm saying is at least make it semi-believable.

MBurmy    437

What if...Lesnar ends up dropping the title on the Raw after 'Mania?  (I've heard various names associated with who's gonna win it from him).

Whoever does though...will get a HUGE momentum boost.

BringBackTheVet    4,186
6 hours ago, Wings said:

This whole ppv seemed to be about Stephanie stuck on a plane and being late for the show. :blink:

Theyre setting up for Foley's departure. She said not to let anyone interfere with the title matches and then there was interference in both. 

Red Wolf    851

To be fair to Goldberg, at the end of today he will be the second longest Universal Champion of all time. 

CS85    5,399

Reading through results now.  I watched the entirety of Goldberg/Owens, however, because it's 30 seconds long.  It's....it's fine.

It's WWE making Raw look bad, which I'm all about.  Smackdown is what WWE should be; Raw is what WWE is.  This PPV is, based on the reactions, garbage.

The Universal Title means absolutely nothing.  It's been reduced to a shiny thing that Lesnar will get to hold up at Wrestlemania and within weeks be stripped of on Raw for Owens and the other non-marquee Vince-discouraged wrestlers to bandy about between 3 hours of commercials every Monday from late April-November.

Braun Strowman, who has been on a massive legit tear, lost to Roman Reigns because Roman Reigns needed building up to face the Undertaker, who Roman Reigns will defeat because he's Roman Reigns.  Once again, WWE is cutting off its nose to spite its face booking-wise.  

33 is looking like, in some regards, another disappointing booking fiasco.  I'm sure there will be some surprises and the SDL matches could still save the thing, but the payoffs just aren't there.  They don't know how to tell stories anymore.  Daniel Bryan was the last one they had.  

That's not to say that 31 wasn't, in some regards, a success - the Rollins cash in was an amazing ending to a brutal match, and the night had some great qualities to it before hand, but 32 was....32 was a pretty major flop that was given a pass due to injuries.  33 doesn't quite have those excuses - Rollins and Balor aside - it's just kind of like...alright?  Lesnar/Goldberg is such a transparent feud that we can all see the end of already.  I don't want to see Goldberg get the piss beaten out of him for 30 minutes because he can't wrestle for 30 minutes.  He doesn't sell.

That said?  I'm going to go home and watch the show tonight, mostly for the cruiserweight match.  WWE's already got my money, like so many others, so whatever.  I'll just keep eating all these turds.

DDR    1,000
7 hours ago, MBurmy said:

What if...Lesnar ends up dropping the title on the Raw after 'Mania?  (I've heard various names associated with who's gonna win it from him).

Whoever does though...will get a HUGE momentum boost.

See, I really think that's a mistake. If they're going to put the belt on Lesnar, believe it or not, he needs to be built back up. Goldberg's made him look vulnerable at best, weak at worst. If Brock's getting the belt, I think he should hold it until SummerSlam.

Red Wolf    851

Only problem with Lesnar holding the belt until SummerSlam is that RAM practically won't have a champion for four months like the last time he held the belt. And if Goldberg is only going to be a Big 4 guy as well, they shouldn't let him hold the belt for very long either. Of course, they've booked themselves into this corner where the part-timers like Goldberg, Lesnar, and Taker are unstoppable killing machines, while the main roster are just chum to be chewed up by them. So then it makes no sense for the killing machines to not hold the belts (they're the best after all), and it makes no sense for them to hold them either since they're never on TV or smaller PPVs. It's all just a big mess.

EDIT: I went back and watched Sasha's interference. She never actually took a swing at Charlotte like I initially thought, so I guess it makes some sense that there wasn't a DQ. 

DDR    1,000

I seem to remember being in the minority on this last time Lesnar held the belt, but I don't mind that he's not there every week. It takes me back to the 80s NWA (and even WWF to a degree) where the Champion wasn't always there.

In my personal opinion, Lesnar appearing sporadically made the Champion and the Title seem like a bigger deal. He could have been around a little more I think, but I don't need him to be an every week guy. I don't want to see Brock presented in the same way other Champions are. I don't want him to be thrown into those classic WWE 2 good guys vs. 2 bad guys tag match main events. As long as he's defending the Title every 30 days, I'd be fine if Heyman was there most weeks and Brock showed up once before each fight. 

I can't find a 100% locked-in source for PPV events thru SummerSlam, but it seems like Raw is getting Payback on April 30th, Extreme Rules on June 4th before SummerSlam on August 20th. Seems like the PPV schedule is incomplete and their might be one more Raw PPV worked in there (especially because I'm only seeing on SD event between Mania and SS), but right now that's 5 dates (2 PPVs, 2 Raws to build, 1 post-Mania appearance) in almost 4 months. Maybe toss in a house show appearance and an extra random date. 

DDR    1,000

Well deserved. But sad Vader might not live to see himself inducted.

habsfan1    1,348

Potentially disapointing news...

Spoiler

As noted, the Hardys appeared at ROH Manhattan Mayhem VI last night and defeated The Young Bucks to win the ROH tag team titles. They cut a promo after the match and said that they have signed with the company.

During their promo they listed several ROH dates which are all before WrestleMania 33,which led many to believe that they signed a short-term deal with ROH until WrestleMania. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that The Hardys’ deal is not short term, and they are signed with the company for the foreseeable future, although the exact contract length is unknown. The big factor in The Hardys signing with ROH was creative control and the ability to work the indys.

The Hardys are also once again taking independent dates. They had stopped taking any indie dates because they felt that they might have not been able to fulfill them if they signed with WWE.

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2017/03/the-hardys-reportedly-not-returning-to.html