19 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

I quite like this version, particularly with the white border. Am I the only one seeing the clouds as either wings or ears, though?

The latest version with the wordmark looks fantastic with both the navy blue and white borders -- but I see the wings/ears as well. I think the flatness of the line that sticks out on each side could probably be curved more to make it more cloud-like and eliminate any inadvertent confusion.

The partial logo/t-shirt design is outstanding! 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added a bit of form into the bison/clouds and added color to the nose area. Does it improve the look any?

OLD                                                          NEW

A-OG1 (2)p.pngA-OG1 (x)p.png

OLD                                                                                               NEW

Cp.pngCaP.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

On 2/14/2017 at 5:31 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

It still looks wing-ish, but not overly so, especially when you consider that the name is Thunder rather than Bison, and therefore can be somewhat non-realistic. I like this version.

I agree.. I think it's the straight line and sharp angle of the outermost "fluff" of cloud on each side

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I agree.. I think it's the straight line and sharp angle of the outermost "fluff" of cloud on each side

That is intended to be like the anvil-head of a thunder cloud. When I drew it wth rounded clouds there it looked too cutesy.

440px-Thunderhead.anvil.jpg

Firstly, I had never noticed that about thunder clouds, so kudos on the accuracy..

Secondly, the little "fluff" above the pointy anvil part in your logo would suggest significantly more "cloud" above that anvil point if the bison head weren't in the way, so it still feels inaccurate when trying to view it as a cloud, which is why the mind logically interprets it as more wing-like..

Otherwise, great job.. Really like your color balance and shading in addition to the logo design itself!

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Firstly, I had never noticed that about thunder clouds, so kudos on the accuracy..

Secondly, the little "fluff" above the pointy anvil part in your logo would suggest significantly more "cloud" above that anvil point if the bison head weren't in the way, so it still feels inaccurate when trying to view it as a cloud, which is why the mind logically interprets it as more wing-like..

Otherwise, great job.. Really like your color balance and shading in addition to the logo design itself!

Thank you for taking a hard look at the work and giving honest feedback, it's a service that can be lacking on here at times. 

The extra fluff is there because of another reference photo.

432976600_0e0fe8d5f6.jpg

Thanks again for the assessment!

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd update this concept. I changed the colors a bit by using some darker shades of orange, navy and gold and a lighter tone of blue. I think they "pop" much more now and have a more ominous, "storm clouds rolling in at sunset" feel. I also separated the wordmark from the shield with an outline.

NBA-OKC-7.png.20aa495ebfe2373c283be48227676ceb.pngNBA-OKC-8.png.780b050112c8fce2caf640d7a6bbb261.pngNBA-OKC-10.png.8d1e100b1a34241c53a2c05f5f926645.pngNBA-OKC-11.png.8a1be478b8d806bcd168b4d8beff9f3b.pngNBA-OKC-9.png.806652a7e547cb12ff578f853df2be49.png

Just realized this, but yes... it does have a similar look to the late 90s Warriors.

All i have to say is, great job, Sir!  You've actually given OKC some kind of identity with these concepts alone.  The circle logo (dream-catcher) has always been a desired branding element the current team should have aimed of adopting from the get-go. The USL's OKC Energy uses a similar design in their badge and it looks pretty decent. 

1 hour ago, Est1980 said:

All i have to say is, great job, Sir!  You've actually given OKC some kind of identity with these concepts alone.  The circle logo (dream-catcher) has always been a desired branding

element the current team should have aimed of adopting from the get-go. The USL's OKC Energy uses a similar design in their badge and it looks pretty decent. 

That Energy set is really nice, I hadn't seen that.

12 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

These are all great. I like the blue more than the red to be honest, though.

Yeah, I did keep a light blue in the logo though.

Thanks folks.

Archived