Norva

2017 MLB Season

Crabcake47    400

Ubaldo Jimenez and Wade Miley just threw back to back gems. 

WHAT

DiePerske    449
7 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ubaldo Jimenez and Wade Miley just threw back to back gems. 

WHAT

I know buck(rightfully) HATES personal catchers, but. No one else should catch Miley than Joseph.

(still proudly waving my caleb joseph flag hahah)

Bucfan56    3,692

f1623552014479bc2c8b729c47224181_jean-lu

Madison Bumgarner Injures Pitching Shoulder Trying To Act Like Travis Pastrana

It's looking like 6-8 weeks, at least. I'd say probably the All Star Break is a more realistic timeline. 

:censored:ing :censored:. 

ninersdd    348

Kinda like when Jeff Kent broke his wrist on the motorcycle in 2002.(Of course Kent had lied and said that he was washing his car)

NOT the injury the team needed at this juncture.

FGM13    677

You'd think there'd be a clause in his contract against such activities.

vicfurth    370

If only these Rangers could hit for average. Four home runs tonight. Obviously good but can't sustain that. 

dfwabel    993
41 minutes ago, vicfurth said:

If only these Rangers could hit for average. Four home runs tonight. Obviously good but can't sustain that. 

I thought that Darvish not caring was the Metroplex Rangers' big issue.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2016/7/23/12262540/rhyner-yu-darvish-doesnt-give-a- :censored:-about-the-texas-rangers

Edited by dfwabel
Dallas' "Baseball Jesus" hates Yu

SFGiants58    1,895
3 minutes ago, The Six said:

The Matt Moore and Mike Leake trades really have not worked out for the Giants.

The first has worked remarkably well (he just blows at Coors), the second not as much. Duffy's currently recovering from an Achilles surgery, so I doubt he'd be a contributing member of the team.

Bobby Evans will probably get fired by the season's end.

Well, the Cubs are finally back in 1st place (in the Central) after almost a month. The Cardinals look like trash and I'm still not sold on the Reds, so it might stay that way.

Oh, and the O's are looking good too. Nice.

Bucfan56    3,692
4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The first has worked remarkably well (he just blows at Coors), the second not as much. Duffy's currently recovering from an Achilles surgery, so I doubt he'd be a contributing member of the team.

Bobby Evans will probably get fired by the season's end.

Yeah, this team is REALLY bad. I figured they'd have some issues with left field and the bullpen, but just about everything that could go wrong has so far this year. I think they can turn it around and have a decent year because they have the talent, but there's a lot of potential for this year to end up being a dud ala the 2015 Nats or 2012 Red Sox (Not so much in a chicken and beer or awful Matt Williams sort of way, but just in that those were both teams that looked very good on paper but had unusually bad years). 

Seadragon76    303

Why can't the M's win on the road? 17 games to start the season outside of Safeco Field and only 1 win.

I'm already starting to get a bad feeling about this.

FinsUp1214    1,797
54 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Why can't the M's win on the road? 17 games to start the season outside of Safeco Field and only 1 win.

I'm already starting to get a bad feeling about this.

Yeah, something's off. I really thought they'd build on last year and contend for a wild card, but if they don't figure something out soon, they won't come close. 

There's thankfully been some bright spots, though. Haniger's been great so far and Paxton is pitching well.

jmac11281    1,094

Orioles are 12-4 and that isn't a huge surprise. The surprise is that They are doing it with strong STARTING PITCHING. I know it's ridiculously early but I didn't think I'd say that the Os would ever have strong starting pitching.

ECUFan25    153

The Rays could be a dominant force this every year if they didn't :censored: their pants against the Yankees and Red Sox every game.

2001mark    1,187

Stroshow.

Angels reds + Jays blues is probably my fav matchup in all pro sports.  Wonder if LAA fans would agree.