Norva

2017 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

DEAD!    320
Just now, CS85 said:

 

They politely ignored the comment about sending him "back to the motherland."

 

Georgia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HedleyLamarr    1,277

Looks like the automatic Intentional Walk will be in play for 2017.

 

It won't shave that much time off the game, but it allows the game to maintain some sort of pace and the pitcher to stay in his regular rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmm    350

Are we really going to make a major rule change to shave 20 seconds off every other game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmm    350

They're common enough that the trade-off of saving a few seconds here and there isn't worth it. A more effective rule would be to limit or eliminate catchers visiting the mound to talk to the pitcher. Call it the Jorge Posada rule. (YANKEE SLAM! The season has officially started!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cujo    2,427

The Dodgers are the odds on faves to own the second-best record in all of baseball.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

C5PK-yIUkAE654F.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ninersdd    343

Probably because they play in an overall weaker division plus obviously having the best pitcher in the game. Plus they still won the division even though Kershaw missed 10 weeks(of course the Giants had to Sharks the division away) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FGM13    673
8 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Dodgers are the odds on faves to own the second-best record in all of baseball.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

C5PK-yIUkAE654F.jpg

The Dodgers were a very good team last year and they now have a second baseman and a righty bat. They should continue to be a very good team this year. Kershaw doesn't hurt, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nuordr    458
12 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Looks like the automatic Intentional Walk will be in play for 2017.

 

It won't shave that much time off the game, but it allows the game to maintain some sort of pace and the pitcher to stay in his regular rhythm.

 

 This is the best news coming from MLB in a very long time! I hate seeing 4 pitches thrown as it is a waste of time! Now if they just put Designated Hitters in the National League I may start watching baseball again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cujo    2,427
4 hours ago, FGM13 said:

The Dodgers were a very good team last year and they now have a second baseman and a righty bat. They should continue to be a very good team this year. Kershaw doesn't hurt, either.

 

And if Kershaw goes down, that "95 win teams" team is toast.

 

And for whatever reason, having LA finish 7 games ahead of the Giants seems like a massive stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FGM13    673
6 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

And if Kershaw goes down, that "95 win teams" team is toast.

 

And for whatever reason, having LA finish 7 games ahead of the Giants seems like a massive stretch.

Lucky they're the only team that has the depth to replace Kershaw, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nuordr said:

 This is the best news coming from MLB in a very long time! I hate seeing 4 pitches thrown as it is a waste of time! Now if they just put Designated Hitters in the National League I may start watching baseball again. 

 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cujo    2,427
2 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Lucky they're the only team that has the depth to replace Kershaw, then.

 

#2 K. Maeda - Next best option. Mkay.

#3 R. Hill - Flash in the pan.

#4 S. Kazmir - Washed.

#5 J. Urias - Worse than advertised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now