Norva

2017 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

the admiral    10,665
15 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I dunno, my first reaction is to rate Votto WAY higher than those three. I'm actually surprised that those are the players he's compared to.

First baseman with gaudy slash lines on teams that didn't amount to anything and you're surprised he's compared to Todd Helton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bucfan56    3,857
10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

First baseman with gaudy slash lines on teams that didn't amount to anything and you're surprised he's compared to Todd Helton?

 

Yeah sorta. I mean I get that right now the comparison is somewhat apt as their stats are VERY similar, but Votto is more than 3,000 at bats behind Helton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HedleyLamarr    1,387

Baseball history was made on Friday night.  For the first time in Yankees history, Name-on-Back made an appearance on their game uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael Bolton    293
8 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Baseball history was made on Friday night.  For the first time in Yankees history, Name-on-Back made an appearance on their game uniforms.

 

And a lot of people who hate all things fun were pretty peeved about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Six    490

Matt Cain just gave up 8 runs while getting 2 outs. This might be the worst Giants team in franchise history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilben777    60

Well I guess MLB wanted nobody seeing the astros-rangers series in person ....cause of hurricane harvey, it's been moved to.....Tampa Bay....swell idea MLB, swell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LA_Angels    71
17 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

Well I guess MLB wanted nobody seeing the astros-rangers series in person ....cause of hurricane harvey, it's been moved to.....Tampa Bay....swell idea MLB, swell.

Why couldn't they just move it to Globe Life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bucfan56    3,857

Rangers didn't want a four city swing in the last 16 days of the season. On the surface, that makes sense. But considering the circumstances, it's still pretty :censored:ty of them. They're basically the Joel Osteen of baseball now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Rangers didn't want a four city swing in the last 16 days of the season. On the surface, that makes sense. But considering the circumstances, it's still pretty :censored:ty of them. They're basically the Joel Osteen of baseball now. 

The Rangers offered to host the games with the Astros being the home team and receiving the home team's share of $. If they had swapped the series, the games this week would be pretty empty because a good number of the people with tickets wouldn't be able to make it to Arlington on that short notice. Ultimately, while having benefit games in Texas would have been cool, having the games at the Trop is better for the Astros because they probably will still need a neutral site for this weekend's series against the Mets. This way, they'll be able to stay put in Tampa for the entire homestand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shumway    746

The Angels have added Justin Upton (via trade), sent Cameron Maybin to Houston (via waivers) and are now apparently discussing a trade for Brandon Phillips.

 

Chalk all three of these up to things I wasn't expecting today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmm    356

CC Sabathia is upset the Red Sox tried bunting against him because he has a boo-boo on his knee. What a joke. If you don't want teams bunting against you, don't be a fat-ass who can't field his position. What's next, Aaron Judge crying because pitchers won't stop throwing him high fastballs and breaking balls in the dirt that he can't hit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bucfan56    3,857

Justin Verlander to the Astros, and why do we have a trade deadline, again? 

 

Verlander, Astros, here you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the admiral    10,665
13 hours ago, cmm said:

If you don't want teams bunting against you, don't be a fat-ass who can't field his position.

I agree wholeheartedly. Fielding your position should also be a prerequisite for being in the batting order.

 

B)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

B)B)B)

 

 

 

sunglasses-plush-emoji-pillow-small-wate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ninersdd    370

It appears some regression has finally hit the Dodgers. I'm hoping it hits them in the playoffs rather then now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FGM13    705
29 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

It appears some regression has finally hit the Dodgers. I'm hoping it hits them in the playoffs rather then now.

 

I mean, you can't really blame them for this one. The DBacks haven't trailed in like 90 innings or something, and JD Martinez went bonkers tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now