2017 MLB Season

Norva

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Jeremy Guthrie got the start for the Nats today. He will leave the game with a 135 ERA.

I turned on the game in the bottom of the 2nd and much to my surprise the Phillies scored two PAT-less touchdowns. I didn't think they could score that many runs in a series.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the O's game tonight, and what a game it was! I was wearing a Kevin Gausman shirt and he did pretty poorly (fortunately it was covered up by my jacket :P), but they came back and won a game they probably didn't deserve to win.  Plus they dimmed the floodlights severely and blared AC/DC when Zach Britton came in.  Perfect.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Jeremy Guthrie got the start for the Nats today. He will leave the game with a 135 ERA.

I was at last night's Phillies/Nats game. When I saw who was starting, my first thought was "Guthrie's still in the league?". I'm not so sure he will be after tonight. That was brutal.

What was also brutal was the 1-hour first inning and me needing to pee. Still, it was fun.

3 hours ago, Shumway said:

I was at last night's Phillies/Nats game. When I saw who was starting, my first thought was "Guthrie's still in the league?". I'm not so sure he will be after tonight. That was brutal.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/04/nationals-designate-jeremy-guthrie-for-assignment.html?fv-home=true&post-id=89701

Didn't take long.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

21 hours ago, EvilChameleon said:

So I guess the Diamondbacks are juggernauts this year. Holy smokes.

Reminder: the White Sox started out 25-5 (or some ridiculous record) last year.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

No lead is safe when the Mariners are around.

Pretty good start to the season for the Angels.

I watched that freaking meltdown... I wanted to rage like Anger from Inside Out. You don't blow a 9-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th!!!

The only saving graces is that it's still early and the home opener is tomorrow.

The Reds won a series in St. Louis. That never happens. 

Amir Garrett pitched six scoreless innings in his major league debut on Friday. Excellent. Scott Feldman came back from a rough opening day outing to throw six scoreless on Sunday. Great. The only thing that went wrong was Bronson Arroyo looking like an old, bad version of Jamie Moyer on Saturday, but I'll take 2 outta 3 with 2 shutouts over the Cardinals every single time. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 4/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

Through all of the MLB games played through Monday, there were more strikeouts than hits.

What the hell were the batters doing for eight weeks in Florida and Arizona?

That'll change when Byron Buxton gets sent down.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived