raysox

European Baseball Championship Sim

It would be nice to see a little bit more about the teams, right now all we see are the names and small logos. Great work, can't wait for the rest of euro expansion

22 minutes ago, CodeG said:

It would be nice to see a little bit more about the teams, right now all we see are the names and small logos. Great work, can't wait for the rest of euro expansion

Anything specific? I'll have year 3 up as well as Germany

42 minutes ago, raysox said:

Anything specific? I'll have year 3 up as well as Germany

Sorry should've specified it more. Rosters, owners, off-season signings if possible, just random things about the teams that would make them seem more real

1 hour ago, CodeG said:

Sorry should've specified it more. Rosters, owners, off-season signings if possible, just random things about the teams that would make them seem more real

I second this, and perhaps give us around 4-6 "superstars" for us to follow so we can have some kind of a connection with them and root them on. Like CodeG said, it'd make it feel more real. 

Also, have you ever checked out the Dynasty Reports on the OOTP Development Forums? They have some cool stuff there. Not trying to do a dig at what you've done so far. I think you're doing great so far! You might find some cool ideas to borrow from there. Just wanted to give you a heads up. 

Hate to bump but I think I'm gonna bring this back. I have the 2020 season simmed and screenshots of the results. Would you all like to see them? Also I remember having plans of expansion to Germany/Czech Republic so I'm gonna do that too if we come back.

This might be a few weeks down the line after some other projects get along more, but I'm interested

Started shortlisting players with good stats to keep you all updated.

The third season came and went in the EuroLeague. Once again Modiin and Newcastle were the class of their leagues. Modiin was lead by two time home run leader Nawaf Fakiri at catcher, and Newcastle had 3 players batting over .300 and 2 pitchers with ERAs under 2.00. Bryan Sykes is a bona fide superstar for the Coal Sox with a rookie of the year, 2 gold gloves, 2 silver sluggers, 1 MVP of both the league and playoffs, all along with 2 league titles. The Oosterhout Twins were the best team in Honkbal, but did it through runs against and starter ERA. Italy isn't the best league comparatively, but it is the closest. Rimini made the playoffs and won the league for the first time lead by Israeli Nuh bin Ayyad who lead the league in hits and average. He is only a star and a half, and yet was 5 home runs shy of the triple crown. Grosseto had an unsuccessful first season and finished 8 of 8.

596d59b793623_2020Table.thumb.png.d8471aab08549254e2df5fddaa162ab4.png

In each league's playoffs, only one went to a winner take all game. Newcastle and Oosterhout were upset in the championship finals, with Modiin asserting themselves in the Koufax Series. Rimini and Bologna had the series of the year going 7 in an epic battle to make the champions league.

596d59b178157_2020Playoffs.thumb.png.76df15785d4834439849b56692d80a23.png

Finally the championship series. These were done months ago and I don't have any statistics as usual. The best argument for merging the leagues into a super league with different divisions would be to organize the championship series. I wish 2017 had tournaments like 2018 does hahah.

596d5e4ed0d78_2020EU.png.e7df798dc20aa095e3ed79418bab7510.png

It really wasn't close.

So Modiin rocket off to the best start in European history in the championship series, winning 2 of 3. But we will have newcomers to the championship!

I'm going to expand to Germany for 2021. Then France and Spain the year after. This will make a 12 team 3 group championship series. Germany will have 10 teams, 8 German teams and 2 Czech teams. and will be the focus of the new post. New leagues get 5 star talent all across the board so expect them to challenge. Will see what I can do to fix this!

SO last night I got to the start of 2021. I mentioned how good expansion sides are so what I did was instead of "international league" as league type, I selected "AAA" which gave me 2-4 star players mostly, which is mid tier. Spain and France should get a AA or A ball level field. However the main issue is how much cash Israeli teams have. They all have around 60 million vs Dutch and Italian teams that have 2 million. It's all from a big TV contract the game generated so I went ahead and tried to fix it so the smaller teams can sign players and close the gap.

Germany will get it's own team post later tonight but comment on everything while we wait!

Fantastic updates! I'm pretty excited to see what updates you have in store for us. 

You're doing separate associations for these leagues, right? Three separate leagues, but they all play together for a championship? 

Love this so far. Would love to see more about the teams, maybe the full logos or the uniforms instead of the mini icons.

Thanks for including the IBL, by the way, even if they could use some serious redesigning. I was a big Beit Shemesh fan back in the day (and then ended up living there for a year later on).

Woo! Go Modiin! Way to show'em what Israeli baseball is all about!

On 7/22/2017 at 7:22 PM, RoughRiders99 said:

Fantastic updates! I'm pretty excited to see what updates you have in store for us. 

You're doing separate associations for these leagues, right? Three separate leagues, but they all play together for a championship? 

Yeah they're all separate leagues then I sim a series with the winners in the exhibition simulator module

On 7/23/2017 at 6:11 AM, Big Yellow Flag said:

Love this so far. Would love to see more about the teams, maybe the full logos or the uniforms instead of the mini icons.

Thanks for including the IBL, by the way, even if they could use some serious redesigning. I was a big Beit Shemesh fan back in the day (and then ended up living there for a year later on).

Yeah I like to preserve the real identity as  much as I can, feels more real haha

Sorry for the break, I was  looking into buying OOTP18 cause they have a tournament mode but I don't think it's quite what i need.

Have you considered expanding into Russia or South Africa?