Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b0ss pls

Federal Basketball League (CANCELLED)

14 posts in this topic

I am cancelling the rest of this project because I'm quitting concepts and being on here for browsing use and commenting.

The reason I am quitting is because whenever I post a concept here, it is disliked by many. Therefore, it's evident I am not ready for this site.

Why Eau Claire and Harrisburg? They seem a bit small to get teams in 1994. According to Google, Eau Claire's population in 1994 is only 59,000, and Harrisburg's is only 51,000. Duluth, Charleston and Sioux City each are in the 80,000 range. So unless those 5 markets have a way to remain competitive with the larger markets, they'll struggle.

And secondly, Eau Claire's not in a division?

Team Cousy vs. Team Cutter

June 17, 1994

Hersheypark Arena, Hershey, PA

summergame.png

Bob Cousy and Alexis Cutter both had an idea to host a preview game to attract fans. So they assembled pickup teams from this year's draft class. This was also a test to see if these players could work well with players not from their teams. The game was a success with 6,546 in attendance. This game is now annually played before each season.

The first games played in the 1994-95 season.

results.PNG

(Love the account name ;))

I agree with Dan O'Mac. Some cities are way to small to be getting a team. Either make all the teams in larger areas, or start in a smaller geographical area, and have the teams spread form there. 

For the uniforms, they look pretty 90's to me, so that's good. 

3 hours ago, Uglybus said:

(Love the account name ;))

I agree with Dan O'Mac. Some cities are way to small to be getting a team. Either make all the teams in larger areas, or start in a smaller geographical area, and have the teams spread form there. 

For the uniforms, they look pretty 90's to me, so that's good. 

Okay, this league is amatuer. This isn't pro leagues. There are going to be teams in smaller areas (Real life examples: Pottstown, Reading, Harrisburg, Sioux City, Ontario) and there will be big areas (Real life examples: Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Minneapolis, Miami).

I love the profile pic. But hey if you need any help just message me and we can talk about it.

14 hours ago, b0ss pls said:

Okay, this league is amatuer. This isn't pro leagues. There are going to be teams in smaller areas (Real life examples: Pottstown, Reading, Harrisburg, Sioux City, Ontario) and there will be big areas (Real life examples: Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Minneapolis, Miami).

That makes more sense, it just wasn't said that this is amateur. So my big question remains: How would a team like Eau Claire or Harrisburg compete with New York or Chicago?

And if it's amateur, how are they attracting players from Europe to come play for them?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

That makes more sense, it just wasn't said that this is amateur. So my big question remains: How would a team like Eau Claire or Harrisburg compete with New York or Chicago?

And if it's amateur, how are they attracting players from Europe to come play for them?

Scouts were sent over to Europe and other continents to check out players from the areas.

The Fisherman Incident

August 17, 1994

Kirkland Arena, Charleston, SC

The Charleston Marlins' season took a disturbing and paranormal turn during the 2nd quarter. The lights went off and on randomly with voices coming from the PA system. The voices kept repeating "This is my house" and "Get out". The men in control of the PA System and lights were found dead. The lights went off for a while, then all of a sudden they came back on to find a dead fisherman in the middle of center court, then the lights go off again. Once they came back on, there was a huge banner written in blood saying "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS". After the incident, the Marlins moved arenas, the Kirkland Arena has been shut down by the city, 12 spectators were diagnosed with PTSD and were admitted into mental hospitals, and the game's taping has been destroyed.

So who paid the scouts? Was it the league, or the team? If this is amateur, then it all comes back to the money. Amateur leagues don't have a bunch of money, so they can't pay players/coaches/scouts much at all. How are the finances for a league like this working?

If I were you, I would give up on this league. You should map out your choices for your league prior to creating a board. Not mapping out your league can cause stupid ideas such as the Fisherman Incident and scouts being sent to Europe for a minor league, also, show us the jerseys and logos

On 2/18/2017 at 2:41 PM, ImmortalChef said:

If I were you, I would give up on this league. You should map out your choices for your league prior to creating a board. Not mapping out your league can cause stupid ideas such as the Fisherman Incident and scouts being sent to Europe for a minor league, also, show us the jerseys and logos

I have quit this thread because of these reasons. I'm not ready for this site. 

As also evidenced by my other threads.

1 person likes this

Let me know if you want to restart this and I'll unlock the thread.