Did the Dodgers actually wear this?

BigRed618

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

Look if we're gonna be asking questions about baseball and Seinfeld, can we finally get some answers as to what happened that day Newman and Kramer had a run-in with Keith Hernandez?

tumblr_mzie7131SU1rm5arco1_400.gif

It was McDowell!

But why, why McDowell?

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Kramer, too.  Don't forget that he punched Mickey Mantle at a Yankee fantasy camp.

Kramer going to fantasy camp. His whole life is a fantasy camp. Doesn't work, falls ass-backward into money. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week.

14 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Jut really cool celebrity game jerseys

AP50041053872_oisgwzqc_aw17n9p1.jpg

Initially, I was aghast at the sight of Larry King wearing shorts.  After further consideration, I decided that he actually wears them pretty well for someone who was probably 80 at the time.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:
16 hours ago, HighCheese said:

AP50041053872_oisgwzqc_aw17n9p1.jpg

Initially, I was aghast at the sight of Larry King wearing shorts.  After further consideration, I decided that he actually wears them pretty well for someone who was probably 80 at the time.

Because there is nothing much to talk about in this thread, I thought that I would note that Larry King, a Brooklyn Dodger fan who was 27 when the team moved, is an example of a guy who retained his allegiance to a team even after its move.

By the way, Frank Sinatra is often thought of in a similar vein.  But he became a Dodger fan only after the team's move, when he was already a show-business superstar living in Los Angeles; and he later developed a very public friendship with Tommy Lasorda.  But back in the old days, Sinatra was not a Dodger fan but a Giant fan.  He became tight with Leo Durocher after Leo's jump to the Giants' helm in 1948, when Durocher was married to actress Laraine Day.

So don't let pictures of Sinatra sitting at Dodger Stadium fool you.  He was a poser; Larry King is the real deal.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Because there is nothing much to talk about in this thread, I thought that I would note that Larry King, a Brooklyn Dodger fan who was 27 when the team moved, is an example of a guy who retained his allegiance to a team even after its move.

By the way, Frank Sinatra is often thought of in a similar vein.  But he became a Dodger fan only after the team's move, when he was already a show-business superstar living in Los Angeles; and he later developed a very public friendship with Tommy Lasorda.  But back in the old days, Sinatra was not a Dodger fan but a Giant fan.  He became tight with Leo Durocher after Leo's jump to the Giants' helm in 1948, when Durocher was married to actress Laraine Day.

So don't let pictures of Sinatra sitting at Dodger Stadium fool you.  He was a poser; Larry King is the real deal.

I understand Elaine is an old St. Louis Browns fan.  :P

Just kidding.  If Elaine is the same age as Julia Louis-Dreyfus, she was born 7 years after the Browns moved to Baltimore.  Plus, she is from Baltimore (well, Towson, actually . . . which means she grew up somewhere in close proximity to my office).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 2/14/2017 at 0:47 PM, BigRed618 said:

I found this image on some other website, and I was wondering if anyone can give me info about it...

IMG_1854.JPG

I've never seen a Dodgers uniform like this, but I assume these are indeed the LA Dodgers, and not just some minor league team calling themselves the Dodgers. Their hats say LA, and this photo was apparently taken at Dodger Stadium, but I don't recall ever hearing about them wearing uniforms with stars all over them. Thoughts?

Really interesting that the logo looks like the current updated one and not the one from that era

JG2.jpg~c200

Just look at the "o" 

On 2/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Costanza is being unfarily denied just like another guy who comes hard into home.

Image result for george costanza bette midler home plate   Image result for pete rose ray fosse

Costanza was never a Fosse fan. He was more into Jerome Robbins.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SpWqfdn4mY

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived