Sign in to follow this  
dakotapalm

High School Softball poster

dakotapalm    188

I made a softball poster for a high school; a friend of mine is their coach. This is what I came up with. In the interest of improving my work and getting better as a designer, C&C is appreciated.

2017 Light Poster Team B qk edit.jpg

Jake3.roo    95

My first thought was "needs more color". I'm thinking the team picture itself could get some color, or at least tone down the "BYRNES" so it's not such a focus point. I do, however, think that this looks pretty awesome and I love the font you used for "BYRNES" (what its it?) as well as the overall composition and the word pattern at the bottom.

natolian10    178

It's really good so far. But I agree that it needs more color and that putting the team picture in color could solve that. Maybe lowering Byrnes and/or Rebels onto the pattern part and putting the team to the forefront could work too. 

jdp    72

I would make the schedule stand out a little more, too, while ghosting more of the "unfinished business" text. It's just a bunch of text in various shades of gray, so it's a bit tough to read. Even just a border around the schedule would help.

dakotapalm    188

Thanks guys for the advice. Jake, the "Byrnes" font is an altered version of Charlotte Hornets' style. I made a quick set of changes (this is just a screenshot, so a lower quality image) with the suggestions that were made. Let me know if you think it's in the right direction. Additional C&C is appreciated.

Screenshot 2017-02-16 22.40.10.png

greyraven8    98
3 hours ago, natolian10 said:

It's really good so far. But I agree that it needs more color and that putting the team picture in color could solve that. Maybe lowering Byrnes and/or Rebels onto the pattern part and putting the team to the forefront could work too. 

Second this idea of lowering Byrens Rebels in between March and April (directly above 'on Twitter').

Think you could then also enlarge the text of '2017 Lady Rebels Softball' a bit.