High School Softball poster

dakotapalm

My first thought was "needs more color". I'm thinking the team picture itself could get some color, or at least tone down the "BYRNES" so it's not such a focus point. I do, however, think that this looks pretty awesome and I love the font you used for "BYRNES" (what its it?) as well as the overall composition and the word pattern at the bottom.

tinysig.jpg

It's really good so far. But I agree that it needs more color and that putting the team picture in color could solve that. Maybe lowering Byrnes and/or Rebels onto the pattern part and putting the team to the forefront could work too. 

I would make the schedule stand out a little more, too, while ghosting more of the "unfinished business" text. It's just a bunch of text in various shades of gray, so it's a bit tough to read. Even just a border around the schedule would help.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thanks guys for the advice. Jake, the "Byrnes" font is an altered version of Charlotte Hornets' style. I made a quick set of changes (this is just a screenshot, so a lower quality image) with the suggestions that were made. Let me know if you think it's in the right direction. Additional C&C is appreciated.

Screenshot 2017-02-16 22.40.10.png

3 hours ago, natolian10 said:

It's really good so far. But I agree that it needs more color and that putting the team picture in color could solve that. Maybe lowering Byrnes and/or Rebels onto the pattern part and putting the team to the forefront could work too. 

Second this idea of lowering Byrens Rebels in between March and April (directly above 'on Twitter').

Think you could then also enlarge the text of '2017 Lady Rebels Softball' a bit.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived