NCAA Color Rush by CinnamonRoll21

CinnamonRoll21

I suggest you take some time to work on some different skills and techniques in-order to improve the quality of your work. It seems like you're a beginner with using a template and creating concepts digitally, and it shows in some of the sloppiness that's present. And most of these concepts have just been logos and numbers slapped on and that's not very creative. It's hard to fault you there since you're a beginner with working digitally, but that's why I think it'd be beneficial for you to keep trying different things and experimenting with different techniques in-order to improve your work. Hope this feedback helps.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I suggest you take some time to work on some different skills and techniques in-order to improve the quality of your work. It seems like you're a beginner with using a template and creating concepts digitally, and it shows in some of the sloppiness that's present. And most of these concepts have just been logos and numbers slapped on and that's not very creative. It's hard to fault you there since you're a beginner with working digitally, but that's why I think it'd be beneficial for you to keep trying different things and experimenting with different techniques in-order to improve your work. Hope this feedback helps.

I use gimp for my projects (I'm still trying to figure it out), and I don't know how to put extra things like stripes or wings or patterns on jerseys. That's why my projects can look bland sometimes. It would be very helpful if I could learn about any tools that could improve my concepts.:D

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Just like Oregon, I'm doing THREE for TCU.

590bb83c5d7fc_tcucolorrush1.thumb.jpg.98776a243fbeafd1ecd047cf8ce0030f.jpg

590bb856dcae3_tcucolorrush2.thumb.jpg.72a4e0030355402ec529496434655ce5.jpg

Btw, the helmet logo is purple with a red outline.

590bb89cad189_tcucolorrush3.thumb.jpg.636757f240278464368e7796d65739dc.jpg

Aaaaaannnnnnd, wait for it....

ALABAMA:o

590bb91d9b80d_alabamacolorrush.thumb.jpg.0924abe35b74a33b11eed30cd5b1dea7.jpg

On 5/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

I use gimp for my projects (I'm still trying to figure it out), and I don't know how to put extra things like stripes or wings or patterns on jerseys. That's why my projects can look bland sometimes. It would be very helpful if I could learn about any tools that could improve my concepts.:D

Please take the advice that you were given. If you want people to pay attention to your work or care about it, you need to present work that is worth caring about. If your work scream "I didn't put much time into this," that's the way people will treat it. Wait until your projects don't look bland. Practice.

Practice more.

Then watch tutorials. Practice again. In you say yourself that it would be helpful to learn and you don't know how to do things, work hard to learn it. Don't try to assembly line concepts.

1 hour ago, dakotapalm said:

Please take the advice that you were given. If you want people to pay attention to your work or care about it, you need to present work that is worth caring about. If your work scream "I didn't put much time into this," that's the way people will treat it. Wait until your projects don't look bland. Practice.

Practice more.

Then watch tutorials. Practice again. In you say yourself that it would be helpful to learn and you don't know how to do things, work hard to learn it. Don't try to assembly line concepts.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I've spent hours searching tutorials, I've tried all of the tools, and I've asked for help on the boards too. I'm doing the best that I can to make my concepts better. If anyone could answer my questions instead of criticizing me, I'd be able to use those tips for good. Again, sorry if I'm acting like a fill in the blank. I just want my concepts to feel appreciated.

I cannot recommend this to enough beginners for uniform and logo design (don't know if you want to do the latter but it helps to make your concepts more unique if you ever want to do a complete rebrand): If your don't want to dish out $20 bucks a month for illustrator, GET INKSCAPE! You may as well be using MS Paint right now with your current template, so either get a more realistic template (there are plenty of .psd templates that work fine with gimp) or get Inkscape and use an svg or other vector template. It's a fantastic software and it is so much easier than gimp by a MILE when it comes to designing uniorms. Trust me on this, I am taking time out of writing a practice DBQ for WHAP to comment (so basically procrastinating). You can find a download link on their website or something just google it. 

P.S. GET INKSCAPE

5 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

I cannot recommend this to enough beginners for uniform and logo design (don't know if you want to do the latter but it helps to make your concepts more unique if you ever want to do a complete rebrand): If your don't want to dish out $20 bucks a month for illustrator, GET INKSCAPE! You may as well be using MS Paint right now with your current template, so either get a more realistic template (there are plenty of .psd templates that work fine with gimp) or get Inkscape and use an svg or other vector template. It's a fantastic software and it is so much easier than gimp by a MILE when it comes to designing uniorms. Trust me on this, I am taking time out of writing a practice DBQ for WHAP to comment (so basically procrastinating). You can find a download link on their website or something just google it. 

P.S. GET INKSCAPE

Couldn't agree more. Inkscape is a tremendous way to become more acquainted with different skills and techniques, and it's very user-friendly if you're willing to be a little bit patient at first. Obviously Illustrator is like the gold standard, but Inkscape is a really nice (and free!) way to get someone started. I second this recommendation, and I hope @CinnamonRoll21 takes it into consideration.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So I've tried doing a couple of concepts on Inkscape. IMO, they turned out pretty good. There's some things I'm gonna have to get used to, but I think @Htown1141 and @upperV03 were right.

Anyway, here's Arizona and Southern Miss.(I might do a midnight blue version for BearDown).

590e643d0a045_arizonacolorrush.thumb.png.6a19bdac5e55957c96f003cdc752a2f3.png

590e6470e559e_southernmisscolorrush.thumb.png.d8e0d3c2eaf94e28825a7ea6dbba6830.png

Also, I am currently working on an NBA redesign.

Much better start. Still some areas to work on like mentioned above. 

Even without having to learn new skills, you should be able to get the numbers correct. Your front numbers are and have been incredibly too small.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Your two last ones are really good, you definitely improved your skills! The only set I really don't feel right is the Washington one, maybe you could try an all purple jersey or a golden one.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Archived