MLS Redesign (FC Dallas Added)

Djruggs

The MLS often has very bland kits, so I decided to take a stab at redesigning them. Starting with NYRB and NYCFC. I'm starting with these teams because I got the idea for this by trying to fix their rivalry game.

NYRB

New York's RedBull team is the only one in the system that doesn't have matching kits, and recently they unveiled a decent home kit, but it wasn't perfect. I changed their lines to the outline of the George Washington Bridge that connects New Jersey and New York since the RedBulls play in Newark.

Home

yaqOWgw.jpgRbpFbuX.jpg

Away

ueYuFRH.jpgOJmxJJL.jpg

Third/Rivalry

qppdw9I.jpg0kitoBN.jpg

NYCFC

For NYCFC I wanted to incorporate aspects of the New York City such as their flag, and pinstripes as an homage to the Yankees.

Home

9ZnZhff.jpgm1Wb5F8.jpg

Away

=uOE7UtO.jpgTDWpcKX.jpg

Third

xviqvyc.jpgm9MLKjp.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The third kit for NYC is so smart, yet subtle. There's more than one way to mock the rail system on a jersey and the two stripe approach was the classy way to go. As far as Red Bulls, I'd love to see them drop the Red Bulls off the back of the jersey...and I don't think the bridge design adds anything to the set. I'd remove that and let the chest logo, which is unique to MLS, do the work there. 

I would love to get more C&C in here, but up next is Atlanta United FC. I thought their inaugural kits were on the right track, but not quite there, so this is what I came up with.

Home

SEE PAGE 2 FOR UPDATES

Away

Sjb0E68.jpg5KMGEAJ.jpg

Third

QYWt9ua.jpgTvELMnx.jpg

35 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

Revs look great. We just really need a new crest is all...

By the way, is the home meant to look like an overcoat?

Yeah that crest is real bad. But yeah, I wanted them to look like blue coats

Archived