I have been watching this site and/or any number of others for some time, and I have come up with some proposed all-time teams and/or team names for various teams in various sports.  In this thread, I will mainly start off with all-time teams, and describe the aforementioned sports universe here.  Before I get started, however, I must also say that I may have seen certain names for possibly fictional teams all over the Internet that may have been made up by others, and if I happen to have borrowed some from any of you, I may have gathered them unconsciously, or forgotten where I got them from over the years.  If I have done so unknowingly with any of your known team names, please keep that in mind.  At least partly due to my Asperger's Syndrome, I am also rather forgetful at times, unfortunately, so please forgive me if I don't remember where I may have seen or gathered the names from, and state where I may have done so, at times.

Okay, time to get started, folks.  I will start with baseball teams and/or leagues first, whether such teams and leagues are real or not.  And I will, at least at first, mix players from various eras of franchise histories, and some players may be assigned to certain franchises other than their own main real-world ones for various reasons, including possibly their main teams having no available roster slots for players on their all-time teams, for instance,

More about this sports universe will be revealed as time passes, if and when possible.  I will welcome opinions about my picks of players and coaches/managers for said teams, et cetera, as long as they are respectful, courteous, civil, constructive, non-threatening, and non-profane, et cetera.  But I will not consider any opinions that are not those things, if I don't have to, either in relation to this post/thread I'm making now or any others.  I welcome your suggestions, as well, if they meet the above criteria as well.  And I can certainly take justified criticism and well-founded correction, I'm sure.

The first team I will reveal my envisioning of an all-time roster for, folks, is the Boston Red Sox, from a version of the American League in my sports universe.  I will try to go alphabetically by teams in leagues, when possible, as I reveal my hypothetical all-time teams for various franchises, et cetera. for that matter.

Please feel free to give your opinions of my picks for players, et cetera, as you wish, then, as requested.  But please remember to keep them as appropriate and as clean, et cetera, as possible, folks.

Boston Red Sox  (Managed by Joe Cronin):

OF Ted WIlliams

OF-1B Carl Yastrzemski

3B Wade Boggs

OF Dwight Evans

OF Jim Rice

2B Bobby Doerr

SS-3B-2B Johnny Pesky

SS Nomar Garciaparra

P Cy Young

P Roger Clemens

C Carlton Fisk

P Luis Tiant

P Tim Wakefield

P Pedro Martinez

1B David Ortiz

2B Dustin Pedroia

C Jason Varitek

3B Frank Malzone

1B Mo Vaughn

OF Dom DiMaggio

P Bob Stanley

P Jonathan Papelbon

P Mike Timlin

P Derek Lowe

P Ellis Kinder

In this universe, there is also no DH present, for instance, unless otherwise stated, when it comes to baseball or softball, so the pitchers WILL BAT except where I say otherwise.  Many of the classic teams will not be able to have all their best players on their rosters, especially with teams like the Yankees, due to the stated roster limit of 25 players.  Although I may decide later to add enough players for a 40-man roster per applicable baseball team.  I had at least some difficulty picking players for this roster, and with other rosters as well, for reasons including not enough space for certain playing positions on said roster, of course.  But I still tried to pick the best possible ones for this roster and certain others, just the same.

That is all for now, I think, from this Turtle Pilgrim.  I will post at least one of my ideas about a possibly suitable Chicago White Sox all-time roster later, possibly as early as Saturday, if not sooner, I think.  Depends on how quickly I can manage it, and depends on how many responses this post/thread gets, at least, most likely.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  Unless otherwise stated, certain teams will stay in their classic locations, and I have not yet decided when this universe's starting year is, or starting years are, for various leagues, et cetera.  I would welcome any number of well-thought-out suggestions, however, I believe, regarding such, folks.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.P.S.  The image you have probably all been waiting for is here:

Boston Red Sox Concept Home Jersey - Ted Williams

I do not yet know how many of these uniforms I will be able to do without help, though, unfortunately.  For the away version of this, imagine the pants and jersey parts, except for the stripes, are gray where you see white, at least for the main areas of the uniform.  The font is Augusta.  I will not likely be able to do an away version of this uniform, seeing as the image in question was saved on my computer as a JPG file, and then uploaded to DeviantArt as such.  So you will probably have to imagine it in your minds, based on this.  I got colors from Colorwerx as well, in terms of the RGB numbers, at least, folks.  Hope you like this try here, still, though.

If anyone might want to help me out here, in terms of creating the artistic renditions of uniforms for teams I will mention, please let me know, and I will see what happens.  I can certainly try to do the writing part as best as I can, and then we'll see how things go, on the artistic side, whether I do other uniforms or not as well.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Good Idea, Turtle Pilgrim

And Now My Oakland Athletics Dream 25

P: Eddie Plank, Rube Waddell, Chief Bender, Eddie Rommel, Lefty Grove, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Rollie Fingers, Dennis Eckersley, Tim Hudson, Barry Zito

C: Mickey Cochrane

1B: Jimmie Foxx

2B: Tony Phillips

3B: Home Run Baker

SS: Bert Campaneris

LF: Rickey Henderson

CF: Dwayne Murphy
RF: Reggie Jackson

Bench: Mark McGwire (1B), Sal Bando (3B), Al Simmons (LF), Jose Canseco (RF), Carney Lansford (3B), Terry Steinbach (C)
Manager: Tony LaRussa (or Connie Mack)

Now My Oakland Raiders Dream 53

QB: Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Daryle Lamonica

RB: Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, Darren McFadden, Clarence Davis

FB: Mark Van Eeghen

WR: Clfif Branch, Fred Biletnikoff, Tim Brown, Michael Crabtree, Jerry Porter, Warren Wells

TE: Dave Casper, Todd Christensen, Rickey Dudley

T: Art Shell, Lincoln Kennedy, Henry Lawrence, Bob Brown
G: Gene Upshaw, Steve Wisniewski, Mickey Marvin, George Buehler
C: Jim Otto, Barret Robbins

DE: Howie Long, Greg Townsend, John Matuszak, Lyle Alzado

DT: Otis Sistrunk, Chester McGlockton, Darrell Russell, Bill Pickel
LB: Matt Millen, Greg Biekert, Rod Martin, Phil Villapiano, Khalil Mack, Monte Johnson, Gus Otto, Ted Hendricks, Greg Biekert
CB: Lester Hayes, Willie Brown, Nmandi Asomugha, Charles Woodson

S: George Atkinson, Jack Tatum, Vann McElroy

K: Sebastian Janikowski

P: Ray Guy
Head Coach: John Madden

1 hour ago, stratonascar said:

Good Idea, Turtle Pilgrim

And Now My Oakland Athletics Dream 25

P: Eddie Plank, Rube Waddell, Chief Bender, Eddie Rommel, Lefty Grove, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Rollie Fingers, Dennis Eckersley, Tim Hudson, Barry Zito

C: Mickey Cochrane

1B: Jimmie Foxx

2B: Tony Phillips

3B: Home Run Baker

SS: Bert Campaneris

LF: Rickey Henderson

CF: Dwayne Murphy
RF: Reggie Jackson

Bench: Mark McGwire (1B), Sal Bando (3B), Al Simmons (LF), Jose Canseco (RF), Carney Lansford (3B), Terry Steinbach (C)
Manager: Tony LaRussa (or Connie Mack)

I'll get to the PHILADELPHIA Athletics later. and until I do, you'll have to wait to see who I pick, and where I put the players I pick.  I will say, however, at least, Mack will be the Manager for the Athletics.  Some of my picks may surprise a number of you, I suspect.

As for the poster about the Raiders, I'll get to the Raiders as well, later, if and when I can.  But first, I'd like to share at least some of my hypothetical all-time teams for various baseball franchises, if not other teams in other sports besides baseball as well.

Right now, please stick to letting me know what you think of my picks for the Red Sox, at least, or related things to the Red Sox, though, folks.  Thank you for your comments already, as well.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

You're quite welcome.  I don't know how Cronin would choose his usual starters, either for the batting order, the defense, or for the starting rotation, of course.  But I will also say that most, if not all, baseball teams in at least the first 32 I share my hypothetical teams for, will not have more than 10 or 11 pitchers per 25, on average, if I'm not too mistaken here, folks.

The Red Sox will be in a league with the Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Athletics, St. Louis Browns, and the Washington Senators.  For uniforms or logos, or anything related, I will likely have to have at least some help from others, for I'm not very good at drawing most, if not all, logos and the like, unless they are simple enough, or I have a template or something I can work with easily enough somehow.

They will play in some version of Fenway Park, I would suspect, although I may not be able to draw it, or design this sports Universe's version of it very easily, if at all.  And I do not yet know who will own them, nor do I yet know who I will choose for Joe Cronin's coaching staff.  Any good suggestions you people might have in mind would be most appreciated, if I were to use real people's names for them, et cetera.  Otherwise, I might have to fictionalize names for those coaches at times, and not just for the Red Sox, of course

After I get done with the eight teams listed above, I will move to the National League teams I'll have in this sports Universe.  Then the Federal League teams, and then the Continental League teams.  I have been collecting and thinking up names for potential fictional teams for years, if not decades, to go along with real teams, whether said real teams now exist anywhere or not.  And not just for baseball, mind you, but also for other sports as well, as you may see later, if at all possible.

All teams in the first four baseball leagues will play 154-game seasons, and all games MUST be played to a decision, if and whenever possible, before any postseason play can result, at least for the time being, anyway.  If and when that changes, I will state such, if and when I can and need to.  I do not currently have any way to simulate seasons or games featuring teams as I will populate, so I may require assistance with such things, and the postseason portions of seasons, however, at least for a while.

Thank you for your comment, stratonascar.  I look forwards to seeing more good input from you in the future for my topics, et cetera, if and whenever possible, for sure.  Until later, then, I wish you good reading, at least, as I do for anyone else who may read this thread as well.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I'm now ready for commentary on choices and uniform look, at any time, as long as it's clean and constructive and all, of course, folks.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Chicago White Sox uniforms are done, but they won't be posted until after I get some comments related to my picks for the hypothetical Boston Red Sox All-Time team and the look I've chosen for them here, I think.  So please respond soon, if you like, folks.  Thanks in advance if you do.  Turtle Pllgrim out.

Bruins    595

Mookie Betts might actually make a push for an outfield slot there, but otherwise i have no beefs with your lineup. The uniform needs some work however, but dropping either blue or green will solve some of its problems. Otherwise, try to simplify a look for such a classic team as the sox as much as possible, e.g. simplifying the sock and side pattern, and making the sleeves white. I don't want to steer you towards what they wear now because its obvious that you want play with their look a little, but using just red and green will give them a simple but different design without straying too far from an iconic set of uniforms. Cool thread, looking forward to the ChiSox!

The green is for Ireland, the blue for Greece.  For in one version of Boston I may refer to here in this thread, Greeks and Irish may make up a good portion of the cultural makeup for it, I suspect here, though not most of it, for various reasons yet to be determined and revealed.  I'll try to say more about various places as this thread develops, and as it does, I may refer to multiple versions of the same places, just so you know.  IF and when I do, I will make notes to that effect, or edit prior teams' posts to reflect those differing versions of certain places, if and when I can somehow remember to do so well enough, for sure..

Thanks for your comments, Bruins.  I do wonder who you think would be the usual optimal lineup, starting rotation, and/or closer, based on the names listed above, and who do you think Cronin would usually have in his lineup, et cetera, if he could, as well?  And why?  Please consider letting me, at least, if not anyone else as well, know what you think.  I hope to see much more from you in the future, of course.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  Here's a sneak peek of some names that I'm going to include on the Chicago White Sox's 25-man roster, which will be hypothetically managed by Al Lopez, in NO PARTICULAR ORDER.  But I'll only reveal three of them now.  The other 22, you'll have to wait for, and wonder about, until I post what I have in mind for the White Sox, at least in part.

1B Frank Thomas

C Ray Schalk

SS-3B Luke Appling

That's all for now, at least, then.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Edited by Turtle Pilgrim
Sneak peek related to my hypothetical White Sox 25-man All-Time team

coco1997    1,075

Interesting idea for a thread. There's a lot to discuss, from the all-time roster to the uniform design itself. Seeing as I am not a Red Sox fan I can't comment too much on who should make the all-time roster, though just skimming over your list many of your choices are no-brainers and pretty hard to argue against. As for the uniform, I like the addition of green and blue. From a technical standpoint, the uniform numbers are too small on the back of the uniform. I'd also go with a white front paneled cap rather than blue.

I'll humbly submit my ideas for the White Sox 25-man roster:

1B: Frank Thomas

1B: Paul Konerko

2B: Eddie Collins

2B: Nellie Fox

SS: Luke Appling

SS: Luis Aparicio

3B: Robin Ventura

3B: Bill Melton

OF: Minnie Minoso

OF: Joe Jackson

OF: Harold Baines

OF: Magglio Ordonez

CR: Ray Schalk

CR: AJ Pierzynski

RHP: Ed Walsh

RHP: Ted Lyons

RHP: Red Faber

RHP: Eddie Cicotte

RHP: Keith Foulke

RHP: Hoyt Wilhelm

RHP: Bobby Thigpen

LHP: Mark Buehrle

LHP: Billy Pierce

LHP: Wilbur Wood

LHP: Gary Peters

I'm looking forward to seeing your designs for the White Sox. Just out of curiosity, will any of the other AL teams you didn't mention be appearing in the Federal or Continental League? It would be a shame if teams like the Orioles or Twins were forgotten completely.

Coco has 20 correct of the 25 on my hypothetical list for the White Sox, believe it or not.  But I won't say which ones he's named that I haven't just yet, for I don't yet have enough commentary on the Red Sox, it seems.  The Orioles and Twins will be in different leagues, just not the first four.  I haven't forgotten about them, but this sports Universe will be quite large, I'm quite sure, and it may be a multi-month project, if not one that will take at least a year to complete.

Stratonascar, when you say the PCL based on an Open Classification league, what do you mean?  Please explain

Am now working on the hypothetical home uniform for the Indians, at least, but it won't likely look like anything you might typically expect from an average pro team.  Hopefully, though, you'll find it quite interesting, along with the accompanying road uniform.  Detroit won't likely be given a look you might normally expect either, but I'll see if I can still show at least some influences from their real-world history as well.  Any suggestions on whose number and name I should perhaps put on the Indians' home and road uniforms?  Please advise, as soon as possible.  Thanks in advance, everyone, if you decide to make any.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Edit:  Indians uniforms done.  Feller will be the name on the back and his number will be there too, for both uniforms.  However, I may have a problem deciding whose name and number to put on the back for the Detroit jerseys, seeing as at least some members of that all-time team may have played before numbers were commonly used in the major leagues for players and managers and coaches.  Any suggestions on whose name and number I could then perhaps put on said uniforms' backs?  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas about such things, if at all possible, of course.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Edited by Turtle Pilgrim
Updating status of uniform designs for certain teams

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Interesting idea for a thread. There's a lot to discuss, from the all-time roster to the uniform design itself. Seeing as I am not a Red Sox fan I can't comment too much on who should make the all-time roster, though just skimming over your list many of your choices are no-brainers and pretty hard to argue against. As for the uniform, I like the addition of green and blue. From a technical standpoint, the uniform numbers are too small on the back of the uniform. I'd also go with a white front paneled cap rather than blue.

I'll humbly submit my ideas for the White Sox 25-man roster:

1B: Frank Thomas

1B: Paul Konerko

2B: Eddie Collins

2B: Nellie Fox

SS: Luke Appling

SS: Luis Aparicio

3B: Robin Ventura

3B: Bill Melton

OF: Minnie Minoso

OF: Joe Jackson

OF: Harold Baines

OF: Magglio Ordonez

CR: Ray Schalk

CR: AJ Pierzynski

RHP: Ed Walsh

RHP: Ted Lyons

RHP: Red Faber

RHP: Eddie Cicotte

RHP: Keith Foulke

RHP: Hoyt Wilhelm

RHP: Bobby Thigpen

LHP: Mark Buehrle

LHP: Billy Pierce

LHP: Wilbur Wood

LHP: Gary Peters

I'm looking forward to seeing your designs for the White Sox. Just out of curiosity, will any of the other AL teams you didn't mention be appearing in the Federal or Continental League? It would be a shame if teams like the Orioles or Twins were forgotten completely.

Unfortunately, I can't arch names in MS Paint, it seems.  As for the obviously-uncustomary looks for the sock and striping patterns that you have already seen or may soon see, the teams in the American League, at least, will not necessarily have looks substantially like they do now, at least at first, That's simply because they want to set themselves off as best as possible from their National League competitors, at least, seeing as both leagues will start off not liking each other much, I would expect, just as they didn't in our real world.  While those in the National League, at least, will hopefully look more like they each have in their previous uniform histories, I think.  I'll probably revisit the Red Sox home uniform bit later, at least, of course, but not just yet.

As for the other two top leagues I mentioned by name earlier, their teams' respective looks are yet to be determined, and not all of the teams yet have full rosters of players.  They will likely be assigned players from their real-world histories, or players from any of the 16 other teams that I will talk about before them, if any or all of those teams do not have enough room to keep them on their 25-man rosters.  For teams that do not yet have full rosters, when I get close enough to start talking about them, I will probably open up discussion of available players for their various rosters, and maybe even let you claim them to a degree for yourselves, with certain stipulations I will mention later, once I have figured them out well enough, folks.

I will likely need help with logo designs, at least, later, but for now, at least, unless otherwise stated or described, expect that each team's best-known real-world primary logo is the same as it is for each team in the first four baseball leagues that I have mentioned here by name, at least for now.  That is all for now, I think.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

The teams in the National League will be as follows:

Boston Braves

Brooklyn Dodgers

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

New York Giants

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals

The teams in the Federal League will be as follows:

Chicago Whales

Florida Marlins

Milwaukee Brewers

Montreal Expos

New Jersey Generals (Yes, I know they were a football team, but I thought the name was too good to pass up here)

New York Metropolitans (Mets, for short, of course)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

The teams in the Continental League will be as follows:

Arizona Diamondbacks

California Angels (Yes, I said CALIFORNIA Angels)

Colorado Rockies

Houston Astros

Kansas City Royals

San Diego Padres

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

After I get these first 32 baseball teams done, then I will switch to football, and begin with the National Football League.  Then do the United States Football League, before switching to basketball.  I'll probably then do at least the NBA, before moving to ice hockey and doing at least the NHL, I suspect, prior to changing sports yet again.  But that probably won't happen for at least a while, I think, folks.  That is all for now, at least.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Please choose from the following fonts I have selected for possible use on the uniforms for the Tigers.  I was also thinking of putting Cobb's name on the back of the Tigers' jerseys, but he never played with a number, so I may have to use another member of my hypothetical all-time Tigers team for the purpose of showing a name and a number on the back of said jerseys.  Any suggestions on whose name and number I could perhaps use for them?

Detroit Tigers Font Possibilities for Concept Uniforms 001.png

Thanks for your input, and I hope to see much more of it regarding various teams in it, especially the Red Sox at the present time, of course, in the near future, everyone.  That is perhaps all for now, at least, I think, then.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Anyone else want to pick a font and suggest a name and number to use for the back of either Detroit Tigers conceptualized jersey I hope to show sometime later, if I can?  Or comment on anything else that this thread has already covered or may cover soon enough?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Bruins    595

Agreed, Olde English