Navy blue text without trim on mostly silver or gray

White text with navy blue trim on mostly orange

Primary Road Uniform color choices for Tigers:

Orange text with white trim on mostly navy blue

Orange text with silver or gray trim on mostly navy blue

White text with orange trim on mostly navy blue

Silver text with orange trim on mostly blue

Navy blue text with silver trim on mostly orange

And still waiting for your thoughts regarding preferred fonts for the upcoming conceptualized Tigers uniforms, and names and numbers I could put on them as well, folks, among other things, of course.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I've decided, even though I probably don´t yet have enough input related to my chosen look for the Boston Red Sox´s conceptualized home uniform, at least, to let you all see my ideas for the Chicago White Sox's conceptualized uniforms and my picks for their hypothetical All-Time team, folks.  Perhaps I might get more of your thoughts about either Sox team if I post Chicago White Sox-related information here, at least to a degree.

My picks for a hypothetical Chicago White Sox all-time team managed by Al Lopez are as follows, with the uniforms being shown after them and after a few other related details, at least, just so you know, folks:

1B Frank Thomas

OF Minnie Minoso

SS Luis Aparicio

2B Nellie Fox

OF Shoeless Joe Jackson

SS-3B Luke Appling

P Ed Walsh

P Ted Lyons

P jack McDowell

P Bobby Thigpen

P Mark Buehrle

P Hoyt Wilhelm

1B Paul Konerko

P Billy Pierce

C Ray Schalk

3B Robin Ventura

OF Harold Baines

P Red Faber

P Wilbur Wood

P Kevin Foulke

P Doc White

2B Ray Durham

3B Willie Kamm

OF Fielder Jones

OF Magglio Ordonez

Home field is Comiskey Park, not the one that they now call U.S. Cellular Field or whatever they call it now.  More details to follow later, along with more details related to the Boston Red Sox, at least, where and when possible and appropriate.

Now for the uniforms.  Just like the Red Sox conceptualized home uniform was probably not exactly what you might have expected from me here, there will probably be at least a few unusual touches and differences from those kinds of things when it comes to expected uniform styles.  But hopefully, in time you will come to like a number of the looks that I will show you periodically in this thread, if and when I can.  I don't know how I'll do any of the non-American League teams yet, of course, much less the remaining five teams in the American League I still have to create concept uniforms for.  But I can assure you Cleveland's uniforms are done now as well, at least.

The Home Uniform, with Thomas's name and number on the back, is here:

Chi.White Sox Concept Home Jersey - Frank Thomas

And now the Road Uniform is here:

Chi. White Sox Concept Road Jersey - Frank Thomas

By the time I get done with the American League teams, at least, I plan to have them each have a distinct enough sock and/or sides or leg details, as best as I can, from any and all sufficiently-related teams, in at least the first four eight-team baseball leagues I've already mentioned in this thread.  I still can't arch text with MS Paint, and I often had to work pixel-by-pixel in certain areas for all the uniforms that I've already done to this point.  I tried to use some familiar touches, but also use some touches that were different, for reasons I'm sure many of you could probably guess and understand.  As time goes on, I hope to be able to periodically simulate the development of various pro teams' looks through the years and decades, et cetera, of course.  Hope you enjoy these new looks here at least a little, for sure, but if you don't like them, then so be it.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the thinking behind this color scheme for the Sox. Why red, yellow and metallic gold? And to what does the 'side detail' refer? And once again, as I commented on your Boston concept, the uniform numbers are placed far too low on the back of the jerseys. 

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the thinking behind this color scheme for the Sox. Why red, yellow and metallic gold? And to what does the 'side detail' refer? And once again, as I commented on your Boston concept, the uniform numbers are placed far too low on the back of the jerseys. 

I picked colors from their history, at least for the most part, based on what I've seen so far on ColorWerx, that I thought might work well enough for them, at least at first.  How high should the numbers be, often?  I did try to use the biggest possible point size for the numbers where possible, I believe, but even at 48 or 72 point (?) size, for that font, which was Marketing Script Inline, and which seemed to resemble the classical White Sox script to at least a decent enough degree, I don't likely have them placed properly?

The side detail bit is a bit of something I'm going to try here for certain teams, to see if I can make something more original and stylish, and perhaps as a unique design touch, at least at first.  I've often used bright colors and unusual patterns for items I designed to be worn or used in a virtual world which is now closed for at least the time being, if not permanently, and I wanted to be able to try to expand my artistic horizons, even if and when I use programs such as MS Paint, for example.  I'm not necessarily the best artist, I have to be completely honest here.  But I still used to periodically get rather good comments from quite a few people I wore a number of my designed outfits around in that virtual world for years, ever since I first started designing items for use in it.

I also didn't want to give the White Sox the exact shade of red that the Red Sox had, either in this sports universe or the real one, so instead of using the RGB numbers 200, 16, 46, which are the RGB coordinates for the present Red Sox version of red, it seems, I used the RGB coordinates of 190, 21. 51 for the White Sox, in terms of their current main shade of red  And they have also historically used a brownish gold or yellow before in their uniform-related colors, and I thought those colors looked good together, as well, for the uniforms in question, at least..

Of course, this won't be their only historical look, in time, but at least this would possibly be a starting look for them.  Remember, in this alternate sports Universe, the American League teams may be quite a bit different than their National League counterparts, at least in terms of their uniform looks and designs, at least in the beginning, in attempts to garner people's interest.  Then again, the National League teams will likely have already been around longer, and may also have basically moderated their looks more since that league was founded, whenever it was, as opposed to the upstart American League, just like in OTL.

Yes, I know I'm going to need to work on this quite a bit more as time passes, Lord willing, where and when possible. But at least I've now got something started here, after having thought about it and related things for quite some time, in truth.  In time, I hope this alternate sports universe proves to be rather entertaining and all, at the very least, folks.  But that probably won't happen for a while, of course, after all.  I mean, look at the AFA or PHL things, for example.  Certainly they weren't as well-detailed and all when their threads were first started here, it seems to me.  Right?  If I can at least make a decently plausible alternate sports universe, then hopefully, it will spark a lot of fruitful discussion and a lot of good fun and all, I think.  Thanks for your comments, coco.  I look forwards to more of them from you and perhaps others here, for sure.

Maybe once this thread gets deep enough into my alternate sports universe, especially when it comes to baseball, I can begin trying to develop their eventual classical look or looks.  But first, I need to figure out how history will unfold, of course, for each team, both on the field and off it, I'm sure.  Thanks for your comments so far, everyone.  That is all for now, I suppose, at least.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Edited by Turtle Pilgrim
Added a paragraph of some further explanation related to the White Sox starting concept uniforms' designs

In your opinions, who did I likely leave off both posted Sox teams that might have been deserving enough of inclusion on them, perhaps?  I'm curious about what you all may think of my picks so far, for them, for sure.

Any players that aren't picked for one of the first 16 teams may potentially be assigned to any of the next 16 teams, if space permits, for those teams.  There may be several players from each of the 16 Classic teams who won't make their hypothetical 25-man All-Time teams, for various reasons, of course, especially for teams like the Yankees, for example, folks.  In which case, they'll likely have to be put on other teams, if possible.

When it comes to those players, I'll try to put them on teams as close to their most common franchise as possible, if possible and appropriate enough, but still try to make each of those teams as competitive as possible in their respective leagues, at least, if not also the other three leagues in the first four leagues I will try and do all-time teams and/or concepts for, et cetera.

Also, as I begin developing my concepts for each team, I will, as I have already done regarding the Detroit Tigers, likely ask for input regarding font choices and team colors, at the very least, if nothing else as well.  I still don't have enough input yet regarding them, though, folks.  Please comment, and make your choices as you like and can, if possible, and desired, everyone.  Thank you for your time and attention, and I hope to see much more good and clean and constructive commentary from as many of you as possible in the near future, of course.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

If the idea you're going for is to honor each team's history, than you shouldn't be looking to make original designs and touches on the uniforms. From what I gather from your explanation of the league, it's basically "100 or so years of Red Sox/White Sox/Tigers, etc. Baseball and here's what the All-Star team for each franchise would look like". And that's a unique idea that's full of potential, and your lineups are great so far. As far as the uniforms go however, they don't tie in to your theme at all. It's as if you're looking 100 years into the future, not the past. If Ted Williams and David Ortiz really were on the same team together, they would wear a Red Sox uniform that tied together the eras of Boston baseball. Maybe a modernized version of the old Boston in the Stocking jersey with accents from other decades or something else that is more historical in nature. Another thing I think will help you is if you import official fonts to use or at least broaden your options for them, because it will make the teams look more recognizable. It's not execution that's your problem, it's your conflicting trains of thought, and in this case that's a lot easier to fix. Keep working on this, you have a lot of potential here!

1 minute ago, Bruins said:

If the idea you're going for is to honor each team's history, than you shouldn't be looking to make original designs and touches on the uniforms. From what I gather from your explanation of the league, it's basically "100 or so years of Red Sox/White Sox/Tigers, etc. Baseball and here's what the All-Star team for each franchise would look like". And that's a unique idea that's full of potential, and your lineups are great so far. As far as the uniforms go however, they don't tie in to your theme at all. It's as if you're looking 100 years into the future, not the past. If Ted Williams and David Ortiz really were on the same team together, they would wear a Red Sox uniform that tied together the eras of Boston baseball. Maybe a modernized version of the old Boston in the Stocking jersey with accents from other decades or something else that is more historical in nature. Another thing I think will help you is if you import official fonts to use or at least broaden your options for them, because it will make the teams look more recognizable. It's not execution that's your problem, it's your conflicting trains of thought, and in this case that's a lot easier to fix. Keep working on this, you have a lot of potential here!

Agreed, there is huge potential, but you need to keep it realistic. As to add onto the points here, with the fonts, clean them up a bit more, there are still white spots, but do that, and these will get way better. But don't let what we are saying discourage you, keep up the work. You will find the zone and roll.

Well, if I can get OOTP, that might help, of course, in terms of simulating seasons and whatnot, I think, folks.  Hopefully, soon, though, I'll be able to improve their looks here, whether or not I can get that program, at least.  And as I said before, I've been doing these uniforms with MS Paint and two others you haven't yet seen.  I don't plan for the Red Sox, for example, to look like I have them here first permanently, but trying to do something different, at least for starters, with the American League teams.

I don't know if I could show you some of the pictures I have saved from that VW here, or if I could put them in my new DeviantArt account's portfolio, somehow, but if I could, perhaps you can see at least some of the looks I've had for items in the past from that VW that I made earlier, later on.  I even did ones for teams called the Chroniclers and the Stylish Bards, for instance, and they probably would not be quite like you might normally expect, but I still found them quite interesting to do, in any case.

If I can show you them later, perhaps I will, or at least link to them if and when I put them on my new DA account's portfolio somewhere, if possible.  I'll see if I can find them and put them there later, if I can.  But it may be a while before I can do that well enough, though, in any case.

Looking forwards to your further comments, as long as they're clean, constructive, and courteous, at least, of course, folks.  Thank you all very much for the ones that you've already shared here, in fact, too, everyone.  I really don't know what free fonts to use, though, for certain teams, unfortunately, just yet, either.  If I ever will, that is, anyway.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  The key word here in this thread's title is ALTERNATE.  That means that we won't necessarily follow our real-world timeline with how things are with this sports Universe, folks.  While certain things MAY BE similar to how, if not exactly like, they are in our real-world timeline, et cetera, that doesn't necessarily mean that they definitely will be the same as they are in it.  As for when this sports universe begins, in terms of calendar years, for certain teams and/or leagues, that remains to be decided.  But I would expect that for at least one league and/or any number of teams in various sports, things will begin sometime in the 19th century, if not even earlier than that, although that has yet to be decided sufficiently well, for sure.  That is enough additional information for now, at least, perhaps.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Some new pictures that I cropped from larger pictures of items I made in that virtual world are now up.  And you can see them here, if and when you like, too.  Posting the link below so you can see a few of the things that I designed for it minus the shoes which someone else made.  But do please keep all spoilers for the Indians unrevealed, folks, so that others who haven't gone to that link don't have things revealed for them too soon, if you can possibly avoid spoiling things for them, okay?  Thanks in advance if you do so.  That is all for now, at least, then, I think.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

My DeviantArt portfolio currently

Cleveland is next here.  And I'll post my starting picks for them and their uniforms, even though I've been having a whale of a time with trying to do looks for both of Detroit's starting uniforms, especially the home one, for some time lately.  Hopefully, I'll have something available to show for the Tigers soon, but at the rate things are going, that may not be for a while, for whatever possible reason or reasons here at the present time.

In the case of the Indians, they will be managed by a player-manager, and they may be one of the only hypothetical teams, if not the only such team, among the first 32 who will have a player-manager for themselves.  This player-manager is Lou Boudreau, and he will be leading the following players, as well as being part of the team himself, of course:

P Bob Feller

SS Lou Boudreau

P Addie Joss

P Stan Coveleski

OF Earl Averill

2B Nap Lajoie

SS-3B Joe Sewell

SS Omar Vizquel

OF Tris Speaker

OF Larry Doby

P Mel Harder

P Bob Lemon

OF Kenny Lofton

1B-3B Jim Thome

P Early Wynn

C Jim Hegan

3B Al Rosen

2B Bill Wambsganss

1B Hal Trosky

C Sandy Alomar

OF Rocky Colavito

P Bob Wickman

P Doug Jones

P Jose Mesa

P Mike Garcia

These Indians will play in Cleveland Municipal Stadium, or whatever the Indians' last ballpark before what is now called, if memory serves, Progressive Field, was.  I haven't decided who owns them or who owns the other two teams already posted yet, due to not yet knowing what year I'm going to use for the main starting year of this alternate sports universe, but I hope to know soon, if possible, folks.  Seeing as I've already said that the classic teams will be in their proper locations as I deem them to be here, I'll probably have this sports universe's starting year sometime before the main dimension's calendar year of 1950, if not even before 1940 or earlier.

Now given that one of Cleveland's nicknames, was and/or is the Forest City and that it's on one of the Great Lakes, that influenced the choices I made for colors on the uniform, at least to a degree.  Plus the team name perhaps influenced some design touches as well.  There isn't a Chief Wahoo on either of them, even though that logo isn't necessarily a bad one, but seeing as I'm not good at drawing heads or logos by myself just yet, if I ever will be, I decided to try to make things at least a bit easier and simpler for myself where and when I could here for the Indians.  As for the fonts on the uniform, they will be Narnia BLL for most of the lettering, but the numbers, seeing as I didn't know at first, or remember at first, at least, that Narnia BLL doesn't apparently have numerical characters for its character set, are done with the King Arthur Special font, at the least, plus the cap lettering, if memory serves here.  These next two uniforms will look quite a bit different from the three that you've seen before, but I tried to use colors that they've used before in our real world, or colors that other Cleveland teams have worn before, even though this is still an alternate sports universe that I'm currently trying to develop here, so as to reflect them being from Cleveland, just the same, or at least some version of Cleveland, anyway.

The home uniform:

Cleveland Indians Concept Home Jersey - Bob Feller

And now the road uniform:

Cleveland Indians Concept Road Jersey - Bob Feller

Yes, I know that they are most likely not what you expected, but this is what I envisioned as possible starting looks for their jerseys.  Not saying, of course, that their traditional and best-known looks will look like this years or decades or centuries down the line, of course, or their permanent look, but at least these looks may have some touches that might work well for influencing the future looks of this team here, I think.  Or not, as the case might be, for sure.  In any case, I didn't just try to rush these things out, but I did try to take my time with them, especially when my program that I was using to make these with likely crashed at least a few times along the way here.

I have been trying to figure out how to do the Tigers' uniforms, but I'm having some trouble with making them tiger-like, to at least a degree.  For instance, I'd like to try to make it look like there are paws that help close either side of the jersey front, if I were to use the buttondown uniform template, similar to how I tried to change the look of the jersey fronts for the Indians above with the arrows or tree-like closures for them.  But I haven't been able to do that yet well enough to satisfy me sufficiently, if I will be able to later.  I have also been considering the possibility of putting stripes on both sides of the jersey tops, but as I said, I'm not very good, often, with doing certain things easily enough.

Or at least I'm not very good yet, I think, if I'll ever be.  Furthermore, I haven't yet decided whose name and number should be on the backs of both Tigers uniforms, and I'm still hoping many of you will be willing to offer possible suggestions about such, and/or pick one of the five fonts I asked input from you all about earlier in regards to the Tigers here, as well.

Looking forwards to your clean, constructive, and courteous comments on my picks of players and my looks for the Cleveland Indians' uniforms here, folks.  Until later, then, I will have to close this, it seems, and get back to you some other time.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

So... that jersey. I'd say scrap it and start over. It's a mess of color. Not counting the side design, there are 7 different colors on that road jersey. The design is too "out there" for a team filled with people that played well in the past.

I'd bring a more conservative look to the jerseys and simplify your color scheme to only a couple colors.

Dan O'Mac out.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll keep working on things, Dan.  I AM trying my best, though, and not just trying to slough these things and thoughts off here just to do so with you all.  I don't expect any of the looks already seen to become their permanent looks or largely influence them in the future, or at least I'm not right now, but I'm still trying to do something at least a bit different from the way that many others may often do them.  I know I can perhaps do better, in time.  But I probably don't yet have enough design experience, at least, to speak of, unfortunately. in terms of designing uniforms, at least, et cetera.  Not even when my previous experience with designing items for a virtual world is considered, perhaps, I think.  For I didn't really do much of that sort of thing when I designed items to wear there, if memory serves.

But the more I try, the more experience I may get, right?  At least, that's my hope, anyway.  Who knows?  Maybe someday soon, I'll be able to come up with some looks that will work quite well for various teams, right, the more I work at it?  Turtle Pilgrim out.

P.S.  If I remember correctly, I do believe I said that the American League teams might look quite a bit different from those in the National League, at least at first, for reasons I may have mentioned before.  I suppose that they'll look different at least until both leagues essentially make peace with each other, and then their uniforms will become more standardized, at least in basic looks to some degree, if not to a great degree.  With the National League teams likely being around longer, they probably would've already begun determining their more traditional and/or more permanent looks, I think.  That is all for now, at least, then, perhaps.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Edited by Turtle Pilgrim
Additional thoughts

Am still trying to come up with ideas that may work for various teams here, folks.  I don't know just what may work best here, in terms of colors for certain teams, for instance, but I do know that I won't want nearly every team to be having red, white, and blue as their main colors, for obvious reasons.  I'm open to suggestions on colors for various teams, of course, but I still may need some help with the uniforms, for instance.

Certain teams, of course, will need to have red and blue on their uniforms to at least some degree, but others won't.  Which teams they would be, I'm not quite sure yet.  I know that I won't necessarily want Cleveland to be primarily Red/White/Blue, for instance, though.  I may want to have them mostly in Green/White/Blue/Brown, but not entirely sure about that yet.  Their permanent look is as of yet undecided.

Boston will probably be Red/White/Blue/Green, at least for starters.  Chicago probably Red/White/Blue/Yellow or Gold, at first, for the White Sox, but not sure about that yet.  Detroit and the rest of the American League's teams, at least, I'm not entirely sure about either, at the moment.

Well, that's enough of an update for this thread, until I hear more from you all, perhaps, I think.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the Indians. It's too all over the place. Too many colors and patterns. Just feels weird for the sake of weird. I also think the fact that you're not using or you're unable to use team logos is really holding you back.

If you want to try something outside the box but still believable for the Tigers, how about incorporating tiger stripes somehow?

Actually, I'm trying to somehow figure out a way to do just that easily and well enough, but still avoid copying other people's work as much as possible.  I've even considered, or may now be considering, the idea of making stripes out of the letters on the front of the jerseys, for instance, believe it or not.  But seeing as I'm not necessarily as good at doing visual art as I may be with writing various things out, I've not generally been able to figure it out just yet, if I will.  However, I will NOT give up trying, in any case, if I don't have to, in terms of trying to make these things look as good as possible, with or without help from others, for sure.  I have generally not been a quitter, when I don't have to be, when it comes to certain things in my life, and I have no intention of starting now, either.  I do hope and expect that, Lord willing, and if at all possible, to eventually finish things for this alternate sports universe to the best of my ability, most definitely, even if it takes me at least six months to a year to do so, folks.

My concepts may be unusual so far here, but you can't deny that they're rather original, at least for the most part, can you?  I really don't think so.  I used to make a lot of colorful items and builds for that virtual world I mentioned earlier before it closed like it did, whether or not it's a temporary closing or a permanent one.  I like colors a lot, often.  So that probably is one reason why I put the colors I have so far for the uniforms you've all seen so far.  Perhaps if I can, I'll show you an outfit I made for that VW right after Stan Musial left this world, and see what you all think of it.  Or some of my other items, if that'd be possible and okay enough with the people here, at least, if not elsewhere as well.

That's enough for now, perhaps, at least.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

On another semi-related sort of thing here, for this alternate sports universe, what might you people likely imagine teams with names like Flying Mudflap Brains, for instance, have for uniform or logo looks, perhaps?  Just curious, that's all.  I know that's a weird-sounding nickname for a team, in any sport, at the very least, but I'm curious to see what you all might think of teams in a league with weird nicknames like that, for uniforms and the like, at least.  I have some ideas about how at least the logo or logos might look, but as of yet, I don't think I'd be able to actually draw or design them well enough, somehow, unfortunately, people.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

Tigers uniforms done, finally.  But first, I'd like to announce my picks for a hypothetical all-time Detroit Tigers team managed by Sparky Anderson, and their home park will, of course, be some version of Tiger Stadium.  I was thinking about putting Cobb's name on the back of their jerseys, but he played before numbers were commonly worn on uniforms for the Tigers, so I decided to put Al Kaline's name and number on the back of said jerseys.

With no further ado, then, here's my picks for the aforementioned Detroit Tigers all-time team, with the uniforms and comments about them to follow later, of course:

OF Ty Cobb

OF Al Kaline

SS Alan Trammell

1B Hank Greenberg

C Bill Freehan

2B Charlie Gehringer

2B Lou Whitaker

P Jack Morris

P Mickey Lolich

3B George Kell

P Frank Tanana

OF-1B Harry Heilmann

P Justin Verlander

1B-3B Miguel Cabrera

C Lance Parrish

SS Billy Rogell

3B Aurelio Rodriguez

OF Bobby Veach

OF Mickey Stanley

P Hal Newhouser

P Tommy Bridges

P Jim Bunning

P Todd Jones

P Hooks Dauss

P Dizzy Trout

I tried to pick the best players possible for each position and the best pitchers possible for the pitching staff, but due to the fact that the Tigers have no doubt had a lot of good players in their history, I probably had to leave a lot of good ones off this entire team, of course. Please feel free to let me know as cleanly, as courteously, and as constructively as you can, if you think I left off some possibly deserving players for the Tigers or any of the other three teams for their posted hypothetical all-time rosters, if you like and can, folks.  I'd be glad to hear what you think about my picks so far for the various teams, as long as you can keep your respective comments clean, courteous, and constructive here, of course, for sure.

Now here are the uniforms.  I chose to use a lot of orange and navy blue, but I also wanted to use a few other colors for purposes of originality besides gray, at least.  Hence the use of the lighter blue and the maroon on the uniform.  I basically got the colors from looking at their historical colors on Colorwerx, and may have slightly lightened or darkened them in at least one case for the two unusual colors mentioned above, to get the other color shades that I decided to use on the uniforms.  The font used is Olde English, by the way, everyone.  I thought, after more reflection while trying to work on this team's base uniform concept, to use it after all, per earlier suggestions from two of you here.

Now I modified the template a bit to get the look in question, but the securing closures are underneath the middles of the jerseys' fronts, so they aren't actually visible on the template.  But they are there, just the same, in any case, everyone.

Here's the home jersey:

Detroit Tigers Concept Home Jersey - Al Kaline

And now the road jersey:

Detroit Tigers Concept Road Jersey - Al Kaline

As you can see, I did some unusual things here, and I did, thankfully, find a way to somehow even include stripes on the jerseys.  Even though it took a little while to get them done well enough to suit me here sufficiently, I must say.  It sure was a whale of a time I was having, though, while I was trying to come up with something that might possibly work well enough here for the Tigers, everyone.  Fortunately, with God's help and leading and all, and your suggestions, I was able to figure some things out here for both jerseys, finally, after at least a week or two of trying to figure this sort of thing out here.

I don't know how I am going to do the Yankees yet, of course.  But I suspect that I'll probably be using a good deal of red, white, and blue for them, and possibly one or two other colors, but not quite sure about that just yet.  Of all the teams that I may be sharing all-time teams for, when it comes to the first 16 teams, at least, the competition for their 25 roster spots may be the toughest of all, or nearly so, if not so.  Seeing as they have so many known Baseball Hall of Famers from their franchise in our real world's history, of course.  There probably will be at least a dozen or more who will be unable to make the roster, as a result, and who will likely have to be assigned to other teams besides the Yankees instead, due to space concerns, even if I was to make up a 40-man roster made up for the Yankees at some later time, I think.

Well, I suppose that's enough here to talk about for a while, then, folks.  I'll likely have several things to do in the very near future, so I should perhaps close this for now, at the very least.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I like the cap, but that's about it, I'm afraid.

What do you think of my choices for the players on the Tigers' roster, then, at least, Coco?  Just curious, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I hate to be harsh here, but it needs to be said. In order to get people interested in your series, you need to have engaging and well-crafted work. Despite what this sub-section of the concepts forum claims to be about, the aesthetics of the concepts are what keep people coming. Heck, even Veras' "History of a Fictional Football League" still has a commitment to the artwork behind his different teams (which is part of the reason why it's been such a big thread recently).

Here, you don't seem committed to making aesthetically-pleasing concepts. Instead, all of your work looks like mangled, pixel-y messes with little thought put behind any of the elements. I don't see some "bold alternate universe" look, no matter how hard you try to explain it and hide behind it.

Instead, I see a bunch of disjointed, random, and ill-fitting colors/patterns that look like you slapped them together because they "look cool." People won't be interested in what you're talking about if the artwork is messy. Also, making consecutive posts in your own thread is not a good look. It turns the thread into more of a blog, and posters have gotten in trouble on this board for doing that.

If you want to improve, I have a few suggestions. Download Inkscape and find .svg templates on this forum, as they'll really help you produce less pixel-y renders. Finding official fonts will also be a good step (ask some people through PM for that - due to counterfeiters, it's best if fewer people have them), as well as downloading the actual logos.

Also, as much as it pains me to stifle your creativity, I would suggest you look at and generally follow what other people do with their concepts. There's nothing wrong with going a little bit outside of the visual history of a team, but you should still hold yourself to the general aesthetic of the sport in this universe. That's the most aesthetically-pleasing option, and it'll get more people interested in your work (come for the art, stay for the rosters/story). I hope this is constructive, and that it is of some help.

8 people like this