NBA head coaches as players ...

kimball

Interesting. I wanted to find out which current coach has played for the most NBA teams. It seems like Tyronn Lue is the champion with 7 teams (two stints with the Magic).

Lue.png

Then a close second is Earl Watson is with six (two stints with the Sonics/Thunder -- though should we count those as separate?) and Steve Kerr (with two stints in San Antonio)

watson.png

Kerr.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, prof said:

Derek Fisher

Immagine correlata

Don't forget the #37 he wore with the Thunder during his tenure with the team ...

146494120_crop_north.jpg?1342016052&w=63

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

There have been a number of head coaches who have played for the same team. I got most after about 1969--ish (some before). The only one I couldn't find was a clear picture of Bob Cousy in a Royals' jersey.

Coach 2.png

Magic Johnson, John Lucas, Tyrone Corbin (Kings and Jazz), Byron Scott and Reggie Theus

Coach 3.png

Paul Westphal, Danny Ainge, Frank Johnson, Jeff Hornacek, Luke Walton and Kurt Rambis

Coach 1.png

Avery Johnson, Rudy Tomjanovich, Rick Adelman (Rockets, Blazers and Kings) and Sidney Lowe.

Coach 4.png

Mike Dunleavy, Jerry West, Doc Rivers, Chris Ford, Dave Cowens and Al Attles.

Coach 5.png

Lenny Wilkens (Sonics, Blazers and Cavs), Mo Cheeks and Bob Weiss (Braves/Clippers and Sonics).

Coach 6.png

Nate McMillan, K.C. Jones, Sam Mitchell, Dan Issel, Larry Brown and Doug Collins.

Coach 7.png

Darrell Walkers, Wes Unseld, Jacque Vaughn, Fred Hoiberg, Peye Myers and Bill Cartwright.

Coach 8.png

Mike Woodson, Michael Curry, Ray Scott, Mel Daniels and Scott Skiles (Bucks and Magic).

Coach 9.png

Jason Kidd, Larry Krystowiak, Fred Carter, Bill Cunningham and Kevin Loughery (Bullets and Sixers).

Coach 10.png

Dolph Schayes, Herb Williams, Pat Riley, Willis Reed, Tony Brown and M.L. Carr.

Coach 11.png

Tom Heinsohn, Satch Sanders and Bill Russell.

kimball banner.png

21 hours ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Image result for george karl spurs      

George Karl

Image result for avery johnson spurs

Avery Johnson

Untitled.png

Monty Williams

Image result for vinny del negro spurs

Vinny Del Negro

Image result for terry porter spurs

Terry Porter

Huh, didn't know George Karl played. Only ABA?

52 minutes ago, kimball said:

There have been a number of head coaches who have played for the same team. I got most after about 1969--ish (some before). The only one I couldn't find was a clear picture of Bob Cousy in a Royals' jersey.

Coach 2.png

Magic Johnson, John Lucas, Tyrone Corbin (Kings and Jazz), Byron Scott and Reggie Theus

Coach 3.png

Paul Westphal, Danny Ainge, Frank Johnson, Jeff Hornacek, Luke Walton and Kurt Rambis

Coach 1.png

Avery Johnson, Rudy Tomjanovich, Rick Adelman (Rockets, Blazers and Kings) and Sidney Lowe.

Coach 4.png

Mike Dunleavy, Jerry West, Doc Rivers, Chris Ford, Dave Cowens and Al Attles.

Coach 5.png

Lenny Wilkens (Sonics, Blazers and Cavs), Mo Cheeks and Bob Weiss (Braves/Clippers and Sonics).

Coach 6.png

Nate McMillan, K.C. Jones, Sam Mitchell, Dan Issel, Larry Brown and Doug Collins.

Coach 7.png

Darrell Walkers, Wes Unseld, Jacque Vaughn, Fred Hoiberg, Peye Myers and Bill Cartwright.

Coach 8.png

Mike Woodson, Michael Curry, Ray Scott, Mel Daniels and Scott Skiles (Bucks and Magic).

Coach 9.png

Jason Kidd, Larry Krystowiak, Fred Carter, Bill Cunningham and Kevin Loughery (Bullets and Sixers).

Coach 10.png

Dolph Schayes, Herb Williams, Pat Riley, Willis Reed, Tony Brown and M.L. Carr.

Coach 11.png

Tom Heinsohn, Satch Sanders and Bill Russell.

Good work sir, good work.

3 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

Good work sir, good work.

Thank you. It's called 'productive procrastination' while at a desk job. lol

kimball banner.png

9 hours ago, kimball said:

Coach 3.png

I didn't realize how often the Suns have done this. Quick, who's taking odds for Steve Nash to be named Suns head coach ahead of the 2019-2020 season?

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

31 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

I don't get some of them. What's a common team between Doc Rivers and Jerry West?

The whole thing is the player coached the team he's playing for in the picture, they're not connected in anyway, i think thats just how he grouped them.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

11 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

The whole thing is the player coached the team he's playing for in the picture, they're not connected in anyway, i think thats just how he grouped them.

Exactly. I just put six pictures per line. 

kimball banner.png

12 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I didn't realize how often the Suns have done this. Quick, who's taking odds for Steve Nash to be named Suns head coach ahead of the 2019-2020 season?

HA! My money would be on that.

I am now curious to see how many former Sun players are or have been head coaches? I wonder which team has the most? My money would probably be on the Lakers? Pat Riley, Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, Luke Walton, Michael Cooper, Derek Fisher, Jerry West, etc. etc., etc.

Man, now I need to know. lol

kimball banner.png

Archived